Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

PS4 Bots?

HI,

I played for a few hours last night on my own, and had some very strange feeling games. Here are some things that happened:

-Survivors touching gens then running up and down stairs over and over

-Killer chasing me then stopping to break a pallet I didn't even vault over

-Injured survivors with no interest in being healed

I realize these are semi-normal things that could happen in any match, but I should stress the overall weird feeling I had that didn't seem the same. The reason that makes me bring it up is the 30 minutes maintenance that happened, and the anniversary event ending. Seems like a time where devs may take the opportunity to test things.

I am 100% for bots if a player DC's mid-game, but that's the only time I'd ever want them.

Did anyone else playing on their own experience this?

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Didn’t experience this but there was actually code found in the latest update for bots. We don’t have any official confirmation but they may test this like they do with matchmaking: sporadically without any announcements only in specific regions..

• RIPLegion
    RIPLegion Member Posts: 50

I play on PS4 too and I have some answers for all of the following except for the stair problem you were talking about. First of all with the killer breaking pallets you don’t vault over, the killer may see the pallet as an opportunity for you to loop him so if he breaks the pallet, then he thinks that he’s ruined a possible loop. As for the survivors not wanting to be healed, maybe they have perks that they can already heal themselves with such as inner strength or self care. But then with the survivors touching gems and then running up and down stairs is pretty weird. Hope this answered your question and if it didn’t I’m sorry.