The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why not nerf HillBilly Nurse and Hag ?

My feedback is: I loose around 80% of my games VS those killers (I dont count the last one escaping by the hatch. That's a win for you ? Oo).

HillBilly one shot erverybody, and they all have tooooooo much map control. Versus non-pro player like me, this is WAY too hard.

That's supposed to be balenced ?

Comments

• BigBang
    BigBang Member Posts: 7

Is It worth to play 1000 hours to be better and finally be able to proprely play the game and counter those killers ? Is'nt it easyer to just play a game where i can have fun right away ?
    How this game and community can grow with this mentality ?
    And so, how do you counter them ?

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    This guy is super new or this is bait. Kinda sad if it's not bait
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BigBang said:
    My feedback is: I loose around 80% of my games VS those killers (I dont count the last one escaping by the hatch. That's a win for you ? Oo).

HillBilly one shot erverybody, and they all have tooooooo much map control. Versus non-pro player like me, this is WAY too hard.

So you play 5 games and call this a statistic? Gotta love it
    Maybe you just git gud and if you refuse to, why not play a but of that OP billy? Once you climb a bit higher, I will accept your apologies after a SWF has bullied you

• Master

@Mister_xD said:
    not a single killer needs a nerf right now.
    unless nurse, they ALL need buffs.

Nurse is the only killer that manages the 2 kill average the devs aim for in a competitive environment.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Seriously though instead of constant nurfing to useless have billy nurfed via ranks he can be used against so the lowers dobt get annoyed via instant downs by spammers (like had a match with a few and there nice guys heck one only started to use the saw when the gens was down to 2 so its a fair game so to the nurf idea either raise the ranks he plays (noobs can use kyf for practice) or put a gen limit like 3-2 gens left before you can insta people
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

It's because other killers are not viable, hence people only play these plus Huntress

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I like the huntress she's slow easy to avoid due to humming giving her away and it seriously gives thought to pallet spammers to move and not up down up down the same pallet
  • BigBang
    BigBang Member Posts: 7

@Master said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse is the only killer that manages the 2 kill average the devs aim for in a competitive environment.

At Which rang do you play ?? Or which game are you playing ? Because in my world (= not pro player with around 120h playing) All killers kill at least 2 survivors more than 50% of the time. And the whole team is saved in only 1 over 15 games.
    And when we play versus the "Big 3" (Billy Nurse Hag) it's usually team kill.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@BigBang said:

@Master said:

@Mister_xD said:

At Which rang do you play ?? Or which game are you playing ? Because in my world (= not pro player with around 120h playing) All killers kill at least 2 survivors more than 50% of the time. And the whole team is saved in only 1 over 15 games.

get to rank 1 and then say that again.

• Master
    edited September 2018

@BigBang said:

@Master said:

@Mister_xD said:

Yeah as I said in a COMPETITIVE environment. Obviously with 120h.....(after 120 hour, my friends and myself included believed that killers are OP too)
    Have a look at the official tournament or the depip experiment from marth on twitch, thats what happens when experienced survivors are actually tryharding

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Ihatelife said:

Finally the hag is op

She’s not op, not even close. 
  • DarkWo1f997
    BigBang said:

Is It worth to play 1000 hours to be better and finally be able to proprely play the game and counter those killers ? Is'nt it easyer to just play a game where i can have fun right away ?
    How this game and community can grow with this mentality ?
    And so, how do you counter them ?

The hell? It only takes a few matches to figure a killer out at most. Do some research dude. Or just uninstall. 
  • CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

@Mister_xD said:

uhhhh no? killers shouldnt get a 4k every game , as i said other times balance is 2 die 2 escape and at least on console that happens most of the time

• DarkWo1f997
    edited September 2018

@Mister_xD said:

uhhhh no? killers shouldnt get a 4k every game , as i said other times balance is 2 die 2 escape and at least on console that happens most of the time

Uh. No it doesn’t bud. Xbox One user here.  That is false. Rank 1 Oinkers from the box of X here to tell you that survivors are still mostly successful. I only get 4k’s when they make mistakes, just like everybody else. 
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Sounds like you got some gittin gud to do, my friend.
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Git gud, learn to dodge hillbilly, crouch against hag, and mindgame nurse
  • Master

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse is the only killer that can reach that 2k average in a competitive environment, all other killers are underpowered when using this definition

• Mister_xD

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

may i ask your rank, good sir?
    cause you dont seem to be a highrank player / a skilled player.
    :)

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@Mycroft said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    This is why survivors are never taken seriously and are called entitled.

Wrong. This is exactly who the devs take seriously. Well them and Jendenise Twitlongers.

Oh crap I forgot about the devs lol

• CoffengMin

@Mister_xD said:

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

rank 2-1 on console and it ######### sucks

• CoffengMin

@Master said:

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse is the only killer that can reach that 2k average in a competitive environment, all other killers are underpowered when using this definition

thats not what i experienced

• Master

@CoffengMin said:

@Master said:

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

I dont know you, but I doubt that you play in a competitive environment.
    But ofc you can watch the official tournament or the depip squads experiment and you will get a rough idea what happens in that case.

• CoffengMin

@Master said:

@CoffengMin said:

@Master said:

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

I dont know you, but I doubt that you play in a competitive environment.
    But ofc you can watch the official tournament or the depip squads experiment and you will get a rough idea what happens in that case.

ithink the game was deigned to play with perks but ok

• JackieEstacadoWhen
    JackieEstacadoWhen Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2018

Hillbilly's chainsaw can be countered by not running in a straight line, looping him around objects he can't chainsaw around and using vaults so he either misses chainsaw or is forced to M1.

Hag has the crouch over places you think there are traps and don't run through predictable loops carelessly.

Nurse probably will be nerfed sometime in future once more killers are viable at high rank and the nerfs will most likely address 3+ blinks and maybe max range add-ons but it still won't really change much for good nurses that don't need add-ons. (Side note: If your trying to deal with nurse the same way as every other killer then your doing it wrong, instead of pallet looping try constantly losing LoS with walls and as many objects as possible. Try picking up urban evasion and iron will as they help tremendously against nurse).

TLDR: Hag and Hillbilly have enough counterplay and don't need nerfs while nurse is likely getting nerfs at a later date to address the more OP stuff she can do.

• GoobzV2
    GoobzV2 Member Posts: 20

How about I nerf your life. Those killers are fine.

• Mister_xD

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

rank 2-1 on console and it [BAD WORD] sucks

mhm i see.
    highrank, but still not skilled enough to beat a hillbilly.
    guess it doesnt matter then. Anything i'm gonna tell you about getting better at the game will be ignored, so... yeah.

• CoffengMin

@Mister_xD said:

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

@CoffengMin said:

@Mister_xD said:

rank 2-1 on console and it [BAD WORD] sucks

mhm i see.
    highrank, but still not skilled enough to beat a hillbilly.
    guess it doesnt matter then. Anything i'm gonna tell you about getting better at the game will be ignored, so... yeah.

i never said i cant beat a hillbilly btw... i just said killers are fine right now

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597

@BigBang said:

No, git gud.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

That's the thing with ranks.
    Good killers should be matched with good survivors.
    If you verse good killers, ranking up is too easy for survivors or you hit the rank where you shouldn't be so it works just fine.
    All killers have weak spots and no killer can stop gen rush.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

i mean the only 1 killer that needs a little nerf its hillbilly with hes chainsaw

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Are they op? Yes. But the killer faction as a whole is weak as hell. They shouldn’t get nerfed until the other killers are stronger. Killers should be a tiny bit weaker than billy balance wise. And objectives need to be slowed somehow

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Oh, there are really some killer that might be good to play?
    Some that actually give survivor a challenge?
    Let's nerf them asap!^^
    Because 3 killer out of 13, that could possibly scare the poor survivor are a big Nono.
    They all should be on the same level of effectiveness as Freddy or Leatherface.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Been playing for a few months, best advice I can offer is to learn the weaknesses of each killer. Here are the one's I picked up. Also, always shift attention during a chase from where you're going to the Killer as well:

Trapper: Keep an eye on the ground, especially near spots of interest (Gens, hooks, pallets, vault spaces, etc.)

Hillbilly and Leatherface: Stay out of open spaces, become a tree hugger.

Wraith: Look for the shimmer. If you can see it, you have a head start.

Nurse: Watch the Nurse, try to be unpredictable in movements. When she blinks, run towards her.

Doctor: Just stay away from the terror radius as best as you can. Not gonna lie, I hate Doctors, both in game and in real life.

Pig: Be wary of any figure moving in crouch, and keep an eye out for your surroundings. If you don't let her ambush you, all you have is an average chaser.

Freddy: Listen for the lullaby, and try to stay hidden. If pulled into a Nightmare, try to escape and find a gen to work on. Get a skill check and fail it, wakes you up. Same if you can heal yourself, fail the skill check. Aside from that, look for a Survivor to wake you up.

Huntress: Same as Freddy, listen for the hums and try to be unpredictable in movements, along with sticking near obstacles to block hatchets.

Hag: She's a little tricky if you don't have a flashlight with you since that's her weakness. If you are lucky enough to have one use it on her marks. The marks can generally be found in the same places a Trapper would put them. Just be wary of gens, hooked survivors, basement entrances, and most importantly hex totems. If you have the flashlight, scan areas you consider suspect to destroy them.

Clown: Be unpredictable during the chase. Not a lot of Clown players, at least on PS4, but if you do run into one remember their objective is to control the chase. Keep an eye on them and when they rear back, dart in a different direction than the one you were going to. They need to slow you down to smack you, don't give them that chance.

Micheal: Keep an eye on all lines of sight whenever a game starts. Most Micheals need to get to Tier 2 before they can do anything, so they will try to hide somewhere they can see you. If you do see one staring at your sweet, sweet booty, do everything you can to break line of sight and hide. And hope.

Spirit: Walk everywhere, do NOT run. Running gives her scratch marks, breadcrumbs to follow. And if you're lucky enough to see her phase into a Haunting from a distance, calmly walk in a different direction and keep an eye on where she'll pop into. Also, have a good set of headsets and push all audio into it so you can hear the wind when she tries to ambush you.

Some of this may seem obvious, but remember a Killer's greatest weapon is the mindgames they can play. If you can keep a calm head and play smarter, your odds of survival are much higher. Also, know you will not survive every game. Sometimes the Killer is smarter, you are not playing at your best, your fellow survivors are horrible at either the game or being good people. But you get better over time.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@BigBang said:

Play those killers yourself and you will realize that against a competent survivors you will get rekt, you can onyl win such games when palying nurse.

Thats supposed to be balanced?

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    So rather than gittin gud, you assume nerfs are the answer? 

Let me just recommend Civ 5 for you...
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    This sounds like a needing to git gud problem 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Even if they’re OP, they’re not of priority when FREDDY AND DS still exist in this dimension. Both need a complete ground up rework

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Id be ok with that

As long as you plan to major buff

Pig
    Wraith
    Clown
    Freddy
    Cannible
    Trapper
    Huntress
    Doctor
    Spirit
    Shape
  • Alona
    Alona Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2018

It still amazes and frustrates me when I meet Rank 3 survivors that dont know you have to crouch against the Hag.
    Jesus, I just got you carefully off the hook and now you summoned her because you had to run. What? Did you think I just crouch across the map because I like it?

So I really don't think Hag needs a nerf. Players just need to finally learn to crouch or use flashlights.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Alona said:
    It still amazes and frustrates me when I meet Rank 3 survivors that dont know you have to crouch against the Hag.
    Jesus, I just got you carefully off the hook and now you summoned her because you had to run. What? Did you think I just crouch across the map because I like it?

So I really don't think Hag needs a nerf. Players just need to finally learn to crouch or use flashlights.

The problem is that they think crouching is only useful for teabagging.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Hag is top tier
    *said no one ever
  • DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

killers don't need a nerf but they do need a few areas tweaked a bit. Like hillbilly's chainsaw hitting through corners and hooks. They need to fix the collision box's on that thing. Way too many times have I been hit even though i am around a corner already. Hag sucks only thing wrong with hag is there needs to be a limiter on how many traps can be placed next to each other. 2 or 3 traps is enough in one area. I have seen killers use almost all of them to "Guard" a hook, but that only kills one survivor and usually ends in a loss for the killer. So a limit on trap placement might force killers to not "camp" and actually play for once. Nurse lol I have only come across a handful of nurse's can actually catch me with a blink consistently. I have more trouble when they dont use blink and just chase me. So hillbilly= chainsaw hitbox. Hag= trap proximity. Nurse= no change. Like most of the killers say there isn't a need to nerf them you just got to learn the counters.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@DisturbedZ said:
    killers don't need a nerf but they do need a few areas tweaked a bit. Like hillbilly's chainsaw hitting through corners and hooks. They need to fix the collision box's on that thing. Way too many times have I been hit even though i am around a corner already. Hag sucks only thing wrong with hag is there needs to be a limiter on how many traps can be placed next to each other. 2 or 3 traps is enough in one area. I have seen killers use almost all of them to "Guard" a hook, but that only kills one survivor and usually ends in a loss for the killer. So a limit on trap placement might force killers to not "camp" and actually play for once. Nurse lol I have only come across a handful of nurse's can actually catch me with a blink consistently. I have more trouble when they dont use blink and just chase me. So hillbilly= chainsaw hitbox. Hag= trap proximity. Nurse= no change. Like most of the killers say there isn't a need to nerf them you just got to learn the counters.

Your lag is no chainsaw hitbox issue.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

@KiraElijah said:
    It’s solid advice, take it OP

Herman Carter diagnosis never lies.