• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    I'm not against this
  • Amelia
    Amelia Member Posts: 84

Not a bad idea, i like it

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Sure, survivor controls the position of the skillcheck while the killer can counteract to wiggling, has to hit through bodyblocking survivors, plan his path around pallets and avoid flashlights.

Seems like a solid idea.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Master said:

Sure, survivor controls the position of the skillcheck while the killer can counteract to wiggling, has to hit through bodyblocking survivors, plan his path around pallets and avoid flashlights.

Seems like a solid idea.

It's fair and fun 
  • Jigsawn
    Jigsawn Member Posts: 19

@Master said:

Seems like a solid idea.

I like the idea but this is a fair point.

Anyway the devs have confirmed changes are coming to Decisive Strike and they already know what they're gonna do with it. I don't know what the proposed changes are though so if anyone could tell me I would appreciate it!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Jigsawn said:

@Master said:

Seems like a solid idea.

Anyway the devs have confirmed changes are coming to Decisive Strike and they already know what they're gonna do with it. I don't know what the proposed changes are though so if anyone could tell me I would appreciate it!

The plan is that the survivor can stun the killer just like it is now for a certain amount of time. The difference is that the survivor isnt dropped anymore and that other survivors have to assist with flashlights/palllets to free the grabed survivor. DS is supposed to be triggered manually, guess like deadhard with a button instead of a skillcheck (that wasnt really precise when they explained it though)

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

@Master said:

@Jigsawn said:

@Master said:

Seems like a solid idea.

The plan is that the survivor can stun the killer just like it is now for a certain amount of time. The difference is that the survivor isnt dropped anymore and that other survivors have to assist with flashlights/palllets to free the grabed survivor. DS is supposed to be triggered manually, guess like deadhard with a button instead of a skillcheck (that wasnt really precise when they explained it though)

I feel it will definitely push decisive out of meta, BT/Unbreakable/Adren will take it's place as the get outta jail free perks.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the problem is not how the perk is used, the problem is the perk itself. the whole idea of DS is pure BS and it should never even had come into this game.
    they are just trying to make up a biiig mistake from the past by taking away a punishment for killers for succesfully doing their job.
    with the stun changes, the perk will still be very strong combined with an organized SWF group, but it will no longer be stuck in the OP Perks, thats for sure.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    I just saw a killer Cancel out a Decisive Strike Animation by performing an attack at the same time as the skillcheck took place .. isn't this a major bug with the perk ?

But now it's gonna be even more useless .. everyone supports this nerf is just a killer main but i can see the devs not wanting it to be there at least the way it is cause it kind of diminishes the survival horror aspect .

I always thought of it as a noob perk .. It's a hit or miss eventhough I use it sometime I feel like it's a waste of a slot .. not so worth it , the only good use of it would be to prolong a chase . 

Buy survivors some time until they cleanse the hex ruin totem but then it's just a one time use . Like unbreakable kind of useless 

I feel like it's fine the way it is .. as killers able to counter it by picking n dropping survivors til they get to the hook or performing an attack at the same time as the skillcheck. 

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

DS would have been fine if one person uses it, it's a big problem when 4 survivors uses it at the same time

Devs changes sounds better imo, your suggestion isn't bad, but any good killers will always be able to hit that skill check

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Maj33y said:
    I just saw a killer Cancel out a Decisive Strike Animation by performing an attack at the same time as the skillcheck took place .. isn't this a major bug with the perk ?  

I’m pretty sure it is, but you to have attack at the right time in order to cancel out the strike.
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Maj33y said:

I’m pretty sure it is, but you to have attack at the right time in order to cancel out the strike.
    They're also aware of it and fixing it in the next patch.
  • Killmaster
    edited September 2018

@Someissues said:
    DS would have been fine if one person uses it, it's a big problem when 4 survivors uses it at the same time

Devs changes sounds better imo, your suggestion isn't bad, but any good killers will always be able to hit that skill check

Maybe another slight buff would be to allow a survivor to choose when to activate their decisive strike, activating it while another survivor blinds the killer with a flashlight would still give the intended effect the devs originally wanted by hiding the skillcheck wheel during a blind, but the change would be more versatile. Choose whether to activate it immediately or within a few feet of the hook, while the killer is swinging at a body-blocker or walking through a pallet, ect. It opens up many chances of skilled or well informed decisions putting the "decisive" in the time to strike.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Killmaster said:

@Someissues said:

Maybe another slight buff would be to allow a survivor to choose when to activate their decisive strike, activating it while another survivor blinds the killer with a flashlight would still give the intended effect the devs originally wanted by hiding the skillcheck wheel during a blind, but the change would be more versatile. Choose whether to activate it immediately or within a few feet of the hook, while the killer is swinging at a body-blocker or walking through a pallet, ect. It opens up many chances of skilled or well informed decisions putting the "decisive" in the time to strike.

This is one of my few frustrations with using DS, I don't like that it's forced at the beginning if I am the obsession. I think that DS and Sprint Burst should be button activated perks like Dead Hard.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Someissues said:

Perhaps change it up where only the obsession can use it as advertised? For non-obsessions, this perk would still need to have some benefit and still be relevant to the name. Perhaps an alternate bonus to stunning? It would provide a slightly longer stun time for stunning a killer (flashlight or pallet) only while they are carrying another survivor.

• Killmaster
    edited September 2018

@CoolAKn said:

@Killmaster said:

@Someissues said:

This is one of my few frustrations with using DS, I don't like that it's forced at the beginning if I am the obsession. I think that DS and Sprint Burst should be button activated perks like Dead Hard.

It would be a welcome change, I generally take dead hard more often then Sprintburst since most gens are relatively close to a pallet that you can reach before the killer gets close, I usually just end up wasting Sprintburst anyways since walking around is inefficient in the long run. > @CoolAKn said:

@Someissues said:

Perhaps change it up where only the obsession can use it as advertised? For non-obsessions, this perk would still need to have some benefit and still be relevant to the name. Perhaps an alternate bonus to stunning? It would provide a slightly longer stun time for stunning a killer (flashlight or pallet) only while they are carrying another survivor.

I think the devs change is a decent pick for non obsessions, a couple second stun that keeps you on the killers shoulder. Maybe even a soft buff to pallet dropping speed to keep it in line with "decisive striking".