Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Rework for Freddy

Let me open up first by admitting I don't play Freddy, don't even own him. And I also know that any Killer is a horror when played right, but I do feel as a Survivor I have a LARGE advantage over Freddy, and that's hearing the nursery rhyme when he's close. I feel like I'd fret a bit more if you didn't know Freddy was near until he pulled you into the Dreamworld. Because of how terribly OP this could be, you'd also need to change a few things.

-First, if I remember correctly, it takes seven seconds to pull someone into the dream world. I'd increase this to about ten, and every second second you see where Freddy is.

-Survivors also gain the ability to wake themselves up, either through a difficult series of skill checks or even injuring themselves one state to wake up.

Just something I thought of today while going against a Freddy, and how easy it was to hide from the guy. Hear the faint nursery rhyme and hide in a locker or in a bush. Guy only caught me as I opened the Exit gate, and before I could fall asleep I'd already escaped.

Comments

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    I'd like them to do away with hitting survivors with the dream beam and just have it that if they are in his terror radius for x time they are put to sleep. Gives people a chance to run when they hear his lullaby and aren't boldly doing gens in the face of a killer.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@azazer said:
    I'd like them to do away with hitting survivors with the dream beam and just have it that if they are in his terror radius for x time they are put to sleep. Gives people a chance to run when they hear his lullaby and aren't boldly doing gens in the face of a killer.

The closer you are to the killer, the faster the transition, pretty much like madness.
    But the ideas they mentioned during Q&A sounded interesting too.

But sadly they havent even started with it yet, only gather ideas etc, the rework wont happen in 2018 I fear