Rework for Freddy

Options

Let me open up first by admitting I don't play Freddy, don't even own him. And I also know that any Killer is a horror when played right, but I do feel as a Survivor I have a LARGE advantage over Freddy, and that's hearing the nursery rhyme when he's close. I feel like I'd fret a bit more if you didn't know Freddy was near until he pulled you into the Dreamworld. Because of how terribly OP this could be, you'd also need to change a few things.

-First, if I remember correctly, it takes seven seconds to pull someone into the dream world. I'd increase this to about ten, and every second second you see where Freddy is.

-Survivors also gain the ability to wake themselves up, either through a difficult series of skill checks or even injuring themselves one state to wake up.

Just something I thought of today while going against a Freddy, and how easy it was to hide from the guy. Hear the faint nursery rhyme and hide in a locker or in a bush. Guy only caught me as I opened the Exit gate, and before I could fall asleep I'd already escaped.

Comments

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    I'd like them to do away with hitting survivors with the dream beam and just have it that if they are in his terror radius for x time they are put to sleep. Gives people a chance to run when they hear his lullaby and aren't boldly doing gens in the face of a killer.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@azazer said:
    I'd like them to do away with hitting survivors with the dream beam and just have it that if they are in his terror radius for x time they are put to sleep. Gives people a chance to run when they hear his lullaby and aren't boldly doing gens in the face of a killer.

The closer you are to the killer, the faster the transition, pretty much like madness.
    But the ideas they mentioned during Q&A sounded interesting too.

But sadly they havent even started with it yet, only gather ideas etc, the rework wont happen in 2018 I fear