Survivors need balance

Lets keep this short. We all can go through all the conspiracy boards on at which level game is more killer favored and in which survivor favored. When it comes down to it, at highest level of play and even way before that, game is survivor favored.

Don't get me wrong, survivors should not be dying like flies but lets face it, they are way too op.

How would I balance them myself? Well I don't know if I fully can but here some things that definitely would make it better.

1) Show in game lobby when there are swf. This would save so much time going through friends lists and just main stream the entire process. I don't want them to lose perks as some suggested or anything like that, just would like to know when there people in a group.

2) No more coby aka 4% self unhook. Survivors already have tons of second chance perks, you can literally have all 4 perks for second chances if you like. You get pallets, vaults, god loops, all in your favor. Then finally when killer catches a really good survivor or any survivor, it is very infuriating when coby happens. Why is it even a thing? Do killers get a random 4% chance to just one hit down a survivor or any other bs like that? No, so why do survivors get this 15 million chance free random thing? It should be gone.

3) Hatch, specifically the key. The key should take time to open the hatch, not insta escape in one click. Imagine running a killer game where you either winning all game or make a come back, be it hard game, easy game, does not matter because when you get 1+ survivor to just jump out right in front of you after you just closed the hatch, also they never forget to taunt, this is infuriating and feels like you literally been cheated out.

4) Take a second look at some maps perhaps, this is minor but it happens way too often when you run into situation where survivors know that the chances of them going down on this loop are very slim. How do I know? I do it as well.

This game is great but there are giant balance issues. It should not be ok for you to spend maybe one minute chasing someone just for 2-3 gens to pop and then this one hook that you might get is almost nothing when looking at bigger scale of all the things you got to keep up with and even then if you do win, this victory can be literally taken away from you with one key.

Comments

• Vixley
    Vixley Member Posts: 54

I’m a surv main so if I seem biased, sorry:

1) I would be fine with this however the devs have stated they don’t like lobby dodging (hence why being able to see the ranks of your teammates was removed in the lobby), so the best we’d get is being able to see it post-game so you could at least see why some stuff happened?

2) I play Plague at purple ranks a bit and I’ve never found cobys to be much of an issue myself, so I don’t really think they need a nerf but they are so rare it wouldn’t really affect surv gameplay for me.

3) Yep. I think there should be maybe a 5 second animation. Also: the dull key should only allow 1 survivor to escape via the hatch (the hatch will immediately close) and the skeleton key should make it so the hatch closes after a certain time- maybe 20-30 seconds?

4) Agreed!

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

They create a game with a very original and quite good idea that could be one of the best, but in this case not for balance problems.

• Sciffer
    Sciffer Member Posts: 41

Cobys are rare, yes but when it does happen you just feel cheated, same as with a key. It literally feels like you got to work your ass off as a killer while survivors have several second chances perks. As a killer if you missed an attack, you missed it. If you can't catch someone, you walk away, I do at least once a day when I play cause I know this survivor will loop this forever. Yet as survivor it's like you wanna second chance besides loops, pallets, vaults? Here exhaustion perks! Like ok, I can deal with those, but hey here also d strike... did you also want head on? oh maybe you want to always know that killer is looking at you? here OoO and spine chill. Maybe you wanna be able to unhook? here deliverance.

My point is that they have plenty. I don't really want any of the perks removed, except OoO maybe, they are all sort of manageable even if with competent team there can be some crazy wombo combos. However the I lose but now I just win situations like coby or keys are infuriating. I do say no Cobys, ever, just make it gone, if you lost you lost. Keys? Make it take as long as you open a gate to open a hatch with a key, with some add ons to reduce it to maybe like 10 sec or less. In this case you at least wont have bunch of additional ######### you can do with a key if you want it to open the hatch fast, you also wont be just jumping out in front of the killer.

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172

It is not a day in the forum that the absurd killer main suggestions do not come.You say nonsense to keys you don't talk about mori,you are not talking nonsense hitboxes,you don't talk about doing damage 2 seconds after jumping out the window,I don't say it's balanced on both sides, but that doesn't mean the killer is completely weak.There is a matchmaking shortage in this game,The player who plays 1000 hours and the player who plays 80 hours can match very easily .if you want to play a killer you need some perks until the killer learns to play and there is something you forget about playing the killer, you will learn to respect those who put you in the loop and you will chase weaker survivors.You always follow those who put you in the loop, you do it with greed and you want to lose and you lose

• Sciffer

Well I do play killer and survivor rather equally actually and I do feel that as survivor it is much easier. Dude, you also assume I don't respect players. It is rather common for me to just walk away from a loop or from a player that I know can kite me. On contrary, it's often the survivors that don't show respect to a killer and then cry when downed.

You match making statement is valid but then again, you do jump to assumption on what I play or how I play it. Yes the latency and how killer can hit you from window is annoying, so is auto aim not working when survivor just does small wiggle right by your face and you miss. Thats connection or whatever issues that I don't know what to suggest for.

Also here my argument for mories, you don't find them in boxes that suddenly win you a game, also I use mori very very rarely and even then to me it's an answer to obvious 4 man swf and when you even use it, you basically barely get any blood points. Imagine you got less blood points every time you d strike or coby or unhook someone even, that be absurd.

The game is heavily slanted into survivors favor, what I am suggesting is remove these uno cards that just reverse the situation entirely from killer winning to survivors going oh key and hatch, I win now after losing the game, yay balance!

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172

If you think you can easily win this game by playing trapper or wraith you are wrong (you must use good add ons), there are broken characters in the game like oni freddyhilly billy spirit.Also, the perks you choose determine the fate of the game (you must know yourself and use perks accordingly) for this you should buy killers.You shouldn't even think of winning a game with bad perks.I don't know which rank you are playing, but at high ranks it is not so easy at all.When the game is over, it should be easy or difficult, but you shouldn't ignore how many hours the people played.If he has played less hours and the rank is low, the game must pass easily.(when the game passes easily as a survivor, you cannot immediately reach this conclusion without looking at these criteria)

• Sciffer

Trapper and wraith are trash killers, and I played trapper for a while when I got into killers. Also even your broken killers can be bullied and completely annihilated by swf. Spirit for example, I started playing her and done well literally on second game. The difference in power between spirit and some other killers is insane but I would not call her op either. Yet I literally just had a game where I played a spirit and went against survivors that were not even that good cause I was able to get hits on them rather easily. They pre threw pallets, failed god loops, all that. Still, you know what happened? ######### by map, million pallets where even if they pre throw them, it still works out, as well as two gens pop in first 60 seconds and I did not even waste any time, I ran straight to them, knowing that survivors likely be there. By the time I got there and hit one person of the first one, the gen just to the sized goes pop, I turn around to chase another person for maybe 20 sec, bam another gen done. Like ok? #########? balance? please?

So in a game where these survivors were just step above potatoes when it came to chases, got carried by a map and gen rushing. There literally was just one survivor that was actually good. What happened at the end? They all decided to ######### talk. Survivors really need some serious rework cause it's bs like that is what makes people quit. I had no desire to play this game today after that. I just had games prior to that where 3 man literally dc cause it did not go their way, games with 4ks vs red and purples, games that were clutch. Then a rough reminder how broken this game is when you can play what is considered to be op killer and get completely destroyed by game design itself and then get ######### talked to.

• RebelRose
    RebelRose Member Posts: 52

On the subject of keys and hatch I think 1) the action should take 4 or so seconds and actually have the animation of them turning the key 2)should be able to be interrupted by the killer like old hatch 3) the addons to keep they key should be removed and 4 there should be a chance that the key can break in the lock and turn it into a broken key this chance would increase based on the number of survivors in the trial and based on the rarity of the key and maybe some new addons could decrease the chance

• Sciffer

That sounds already better. I get it that removing things can piss people off, old hex ruin for example but this is hardly fair right now. Sad part is, it is unlikely to change but yeah, insta key or coby, I don't know why they exist. Also existence of noed or eboni mori don't excuse how unfair these things are.