The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is gen-rushing still possible?

124»

Comments

• SharkPiledriver
    SharkPiledriver Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2020

######### is "gen-rushing". Until five gens are done they are the only objective, anything else is to make doing gens possible (breaking totems, distracting killers etc). I don't understand how aiming to do the objective is like griefing or bm. Makes no sense. On the flip side, this is why I don't resent killers who facecamp or tunnel, what the hell are they supposed to do in a 4v1? Fight fair?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915

Alright guys, why do we bring back up these ancient posts?

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
  • Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273

Gen rushing is technically when survivors do gens instead of unhooking teammates or getting them off the ground if they're slugged.

When people say gen rush they usually mean that the survivors did the gens fast.

• SharkPiledriver
    SharkPiledriver Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2020

....But thats what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to gen rush so the killer has to choose between camping the hooked/slugged survivor, and going after the others doing gens. Majority of the time I see people going for the rescue? It ends in just a hook train, at least one dead survivor, and zero gens done for it. Honestly it gets a little tiring having to be the gen jockey every goddamn game.

Am I missing something here? Isn't gen rushing the check to facecamping?

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Why is getting completely tunneled out of the game because you wanted to run perks that aren't DS still a thing? No one knows. Why is getting camped to death by 1-shot killers still a thing? Nobody knows. Why are keys and moris a thing? Nobody knows. What happens after death? Well, much like the many mysteries of DBD, nobody knows.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

If you spread the damage and still lose then you played wrong. "Gen rushing" isn't a thing, it's just a failure on the killers end to apply pressure and while, yes effective teams can minimize that pressure with their efficiency, shouldn't they be rewarded for doing so? If you have all 4 survivors injured and legitimately can't snowball doesn't that mean they're playing better? Sure a few maps like Haddonfield and Midwich where chasing and pressuring is tough can be harsh, but outside of that then no. Learn to admit that you played wrong and then improve. This is just general life advice as well. Don't whine, see what you did wrong.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

They show these games of them supposedly getting genrushed but then they don't show their 80% of other games 4king and stomping.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

So the solution to genrushing is to use perks that when we use them too much they get nerfed because gens are totally fine otherwise?

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Probably because the killer is not pressuring survivors properly. But again, this is because there are clearly weaker and stronger killers.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

######### how did this thread come back to life out of nowhere

My opinions changed a bit at gen rushing, all i can say rn is that if all maps are reworked to fit a pretty decent size, and base regression rate from kicking a gen is increased, then it really shouldn't be a thing.

But if a super sweaty 4 player swf who never works on gens together is what you're going against then while it's still oppressive (especially if your killer isnt B-S tier) they probably earned the win.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

It”s now so easy to 4k that killers which can’t do it in 1 of 10 games cry asking for another nerf. They think they”re semigods, and it”s only the game making it so easy for them

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353

Honestly I would add a secondary objective where survivors need to look for like, a book on gen instructions before they can work on gens (lets say the entity changes how gens are repaired in each different trial so the survivors cant just spawn in to start working on them, so they need to rummage through one of multiple piles of documents spread throughout the map to find instructions for the generators for THAT trial. The piles will only have ONE booklet for ONE survivor, the rest of the survivors will have to search other piles). They only need to find ONE booklet, once they get the instructions they can work on gens normally.

This'll give killers a little bit more time to find a survivor before a gen pops.

IMO a gen shouldn't pop in the first 60 seconds of the game, so in addition to the secondary objective, I'd add a base 15% slowdown to gen repairs for the first 60 seconds of a match. Of course this can be sort of countered by bnp and Prove Thyself, but at least they HAD to look for instructions before starting work on a gen.

Dull totems, and ONLY dull totems, should give the killer a passive buff. Like +1% movement speed, +2% speed for pallet breaking, +3% faster recovery from stuns, etc.

Also, gate progress should start to regress if left unfinished. 99'ing gates should not be a thing. If you finished all the gens then get out or risk getting downed.