Tunnel after Tunnel after Tunnel after Tunnel

2»

Comments

• Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108

Please don't get personal and express your opinion\ideas on how to deal with the issue

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

You're right, you're absolutely right.

But.....when a simple perk like DS comes into the mix, who gets upset? The gen rusher or the tunneler?

• Khakuate
    Khakuate Member Posts: 287

or close it idk, people are just here crying about ds

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

Woah did this guy just claim DYING LIGHT prevents gen rushing? Ahahhaha, this guyyyy.

• Khakuate
  • BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

If it doesn't, why is it used in synergy with Freddy?

Have you heard of 2020's version of Forever Freddy?

Jump Rope, Swing Chains, Dying Light, Thanataphobia, BBQ and Pop.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

The issue is that survivors call tunneling for everything now. Well its always been this way but what you see as tunneling might not even be the killers fault. Well in my case, if im not in a chase when you get unhooked you bet im going back to the hook to where two known survivors are. If your teammate doesnt wanna take the hit for you after unhooking you, message them when you die not the killer. If you guys want to stick around and heal under the hook, fine, youll get punished hard by my playstyle, but stop calling tunneling bad. Its usually your team mates fault or your own.

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

Dying Light is a win more perk which helps you continue winning. It works with those other slowdowns because they slow the game down so much it allows you to start getting stacks on your Dying Light, pushing it even further over the top.

Forever Freddy either wins at the start and just steamrolls the game or he catches you on a three gen and makes it impossible for you to close out the game. That's not at all a gen rush perk.

• Khakuate

the exact same reason why my friend left.

Devs expect new survivors to perfectly know how to counter camping... That's the reason why a lot of rank 20 survivor leave this game, killer is waaaay better in low ranks

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I never run DS personally as a survivor but for eg tonight out of the 5 games I played tonight I was tunneled from the hook in 3 of those games.

I won't run DS it's just how I am and do I get mad? no! I just move onto the next game and hope for better games.

My problem only with DS as a killer that I promise you I go out of my way not to tunnel. I sometimes get fast momentum to the point of where I am hit with DS.

I feel very disheartened when it happens I pride myself in trying to provide a fair game with the mentality of what I would like to be treated game style.

But yet I still get will be effected by DS just because of momentum not tunneling.

That's my only issue with it personally.

🐷💖

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited July 2020

@icareaboutstories

I didn't say it wasn't an anti-tunnel perk, I said it isn't strictly an anti-tunnel perk. Because as a dev stated before, that is something part of this community came up with and for some reason desperately want it to be.

The perk derives it's concept from Laurie's lore where she stabs Michael Myers as seen in:

The reason I point that out is because people think that this perk was created for tunneling purposes. It was essentially nerfed from it's original form and given a 1 hook condition in an attempt at preventing (or at least slowing down) tunneling which for the most part has worked. However, that doesn't mean it's a perk only meant for tunneling abusers, it is also a perk that in the right situations you can escape the killer's grasp, or if it's in the killer's favor can deny it from you using it. That concept has not changed.

It is far more balanced than it was, even though it's funny that many on here would rather have this back:

So essentially when you say "Any reason" it is suggesting that it means the killer didn't do anything "wrong". Well, many things work like that in the game. You have someone throwing down pallet after pallet, killer goes for someone else and their Spirit Fury is up. If that survivor for "any reason" decides to throw down the pallet to stun the killer they'll go down. I am not comparing DS to SF , I am simply emphasizing the fact that many things work like that.

Survivors in this game don't have guns or weapons, so this is as close as we will get to an offensive move and protecting themselves from a player who clearly has their eyes set on them.

• IMilkNobody_108
    IMilkNobody_108 Member Posts: 41

ds becomes annoying in combination with other second chance perks and sometimes you will eat a ds even though you dont tunnel

also btw run ds with unbreakable and it has no counters

• WhatTheHeckMeg
    WhatTheHeckMeg Member Posts: 15

Killers always complain about perks like Decisive Strike or Borrowed Time...every time, every day, everywhere...but they forget one important thing: They are the only reason that these perks even exist.

@Peepo Yes...hooks should definitely get the "cage treatment"

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88

For tunneling, why not make it to where the player who uses DS successfully awards no points for being hooked if the killer eats the DS and keeps their eyes set on that survivor? Not only does this discourage tunneling, it promotes the killer to go after a different survivor. Once another survivor has been hooked, the DS survivor can now be hooked for the full amount of points as usual.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

First of all, my original post still stands. Second of all, how about you ignore perks for a second, which is more powerful, tunneling or gen-rushing?

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

This is the FOURTH thread withing a week that has derailed to nothingness. The whole forum is truly starting to become a joke. (also, wow, the killer stereotyping is REAL in this thread)