The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Of Flesh And Mud should be a free DLC, OR the Shrine of Secrets should have all perks at all times

Hex: Ruin is the one thing that every Killer needs to run for high-rank play. Without Ruin, games end in less than five minutes if the Survivors are at least decent.
If it is a 'bare necessity' for higher-level gameplay, why do we need to pay for the chapter to get it?
Compare players who don't have Of Flesh And Mud, and players who do - players without it need to buy it from the Shrine of Secrets, and there is only a 1 in 72 chance (to become higher once Spirit hits full release) for the perk to show up in the Shrine, each week.
I may have calculated the odds wrong, but there's three teachables per Killer, with 12 Killers in the game currently, and only two spaces in the Shrine of Secrets are reserved for Killer teachables. So I did 3x12x2 and I think that's right.
Players with the DLC? They just need to grind points until they get The Hag to Level 35, then they need to do bloodwebs to get Ruin on all the other Killers.
The difference between these two, is that Hex: Ruin has a 1 in 72 chance of appearing in the bloodweb - out of 72 weeks, Hex: Ruin has the ability to show up in only one. 72 weeks is 20 weeks over a full year.
Players without the DLC have to rely on abysmal RNG just to get a bare necessity perk, and it can take over a year just for Hex: Ruin to show up in the Shrine for them.

Outside of making the DLC free - because I know that it, like the Halloween DLC for Decisive Strike, is a money-maker - the Shrine of Secrets should be changed up a little bit.
Rather than having the Shrine of Secrets offer four perks, two for Survivors and two for Killers, allow any and all teachable perks to be purchased at any time the player wants.
Potentially have all perks cost, baseline, 5k shards or 300k blood points, and for every week, two random Survivor perks and two random Killer perks cost 1k Shards or 60k blood points.
This would make it possible for all players with or without Of Flesh And Mud to obtain Hex: Ruin without buying the DLC, but at the cost of a potentially insane grind - or just two dailies if Hex: Ruin is 'on sale'.
The same can be said for any other teachable perk.

I'm open to discussion and suggestions.

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Ruin isn't needed. You'll realise this when you see just how often it gets cleansed very early into the game, rendering it useless. It's only really good against newer/bad players that aren't good at hitting Great Skill Checks and aren't aware where Totems can spawn.

I've never understood all the posts i've seen throughout my time playing DbD with people saying X Perk is mandatory.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Ruin is needed to have a decent chance of winning but it always gets cleansed at the start so I have just stopped running it and trying my best 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    Ruin isn't needed. You'll realise this when you see just how often it gets cleansed very early into the game, rendering it useless. It's only really good against newer/bad players that aren't good at hitting Great Skill Checks and aren't aware where Totems can spawn.

I've never understood all the posts i've seen throughout my time playing DbD with people saying X Perk is mandatory.

Yesterday I thought, Its fine, im just green rank atm I can do well without ruin too.
    5 minutes later the game is over, welp

Ruin, even if it gets cleansed really will always cause survivors to run around searching for it, making it easier for you to catch them off guard.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Dont run ruin. It gets desyroyed. Run overcharge and maybe pop goes tbe weasel
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    And no one is commenting on the second half of my post.
    Come on, people. Stop repeating “this perk is worthless”. What do you think of my Shrine of Secrets idea?
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    It’s free on PlayStation  :chuffed:
  • SirSenorSerbian
    SirSenorSerbian Member Posts: 13

People really get used to Ruin and after a while,they can hit a great skillcheck 8/10 times or more,basically you get trained to hit great skillchecks, overcharge is a decent perk to run since many people don't expect it and fail it on the 1st try, but after that they will be ready and decent survivors will hit it no problem (unless you are playing doctor/ running unnerving or lullaby)

Here are my thoughts on the 2nd idea:
    Not Really Needed imo, If you really need a non-licensed killer/survivor teachable perk,i would just grind for 9k shards and buy that character,if it appears in the shrine while you are grinding that's awesome. Most licensed killer perks aren't really necessary other than BBQ (while i don't find that necessary some people do) and most licensed survivor perks aren't good either other than DS and maybe some Tapp perks

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@Judgement said:
    And no one is commenting on the second half of my post.
    Come on, people. Stop repeating “this perk is worthless”. What do you think of my Shrine of Secrets idea?

If you play some time, you can buy her with shards - she's free.
    Shrine of secrets is ok.