SWF balance thoughts

Rattman
Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, I guess, everyone gonna agree with me, if I say that SWF is broken and needs to be rebalanced a bit. So, I have some proposals. Nothing drastic, but these changes would make a game more fair, in my opinion.
1) Hide killer perks for survivors until the match ended and all survivors escaped/killed/sacrificed.
This one is quite self-explainig. SWF gets way too much advantage from knowing which perks killer equiped. This makes endgame strategies kinda useless. I've heard that this idea was considered at some point, but its kinda got forgotten.
2) Make some rank cap, which don't allow survivors with different rank play together, like in Overwatch. As 7-th rank killer, sometimes I don't get my deserved pip cause 2-d rank plays SWF with 15 rank. Iam not expirienced enough for this. This gap is way too far. This equally frustrating for killer and 15 rank survivor, since 2-d rank survivor is only one who gaining profit here. And also, this "anchoring", as I call it, makes high ranks more easily for survivors to achieve. As result - you got some unskilled teammates in high ranks.

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    1. I like this idea.
    2. My friends barely touch this game. On the rare occasions that I play SWF with them, my rank would have already been in the single digits. My friends and I shouldn't be punished because of this. Maybe something else would be better to fix the issue with SWF.
  • Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

@Mc_Harty said:
    1. I like this idea.
    2. My friends barely touch this game. On the rare occasions that I play SWF with them, my rank would have already been in the single digits. My friends and I shouldn't be punished because of this. Maybe something else would be better to fix the issue with SWF.

In Overwatch it worked only in ranked, so quick games isn't bonded with this limitation. Well, it doesn't make it fair anyway.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Rattman said:
    In Overwatch it worked only in ranked, so quick games isn't bonded with this limitation. Well, it doesn't make it fair anyway.

Problem is this game has nothing but ranked matches.