Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

NOED compromise

Thoughts for a possible NOED alternative: Same effect, except survivors gain exposed when 18/24/32 meters from an exit gate. This wouldn't make it quite as oppressive or feel-bad as it currently is, requiring both the killer and survivors to be a bit more strategic with it. Thoughts?

Comments

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Then make Adrenaline not activate when broken or exhausted got to have compromise that or just you know do bones 🤷🏻‍♀️

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Think survivors doing bones to take away killer perk is already pretty decent compromise.

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290

My thoughts for noed alternative: SUPER NOED!!

Level 1:all surviors into dying state. Level 2: all survivors die. Level 3: all surviors explode 1m to the exit.

• bm33
    edited July 2020
  • DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

The compromise is its a hex.

Next thread

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49

There should not be a perk whose existence slows down every game. I like the idea behind 'Do bones', but if that's the drawback then there needs to be more of an incentive to do it even when the perk isnt there.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

I almost only play solo and I already adressed the fact that solos are penalized against sfw because they can't coordinate bones, I'm aware of this issue, still I happen to travel the map once per trial, who doesn't, and I use my eye memory to remember which totem whereabouts has been done.

Still its not the safest option sometimes but if it can deny NOED more than once, I wonder why I would only be the sole random who can do that.

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49

I think of DS as dead hard if I cant avoid it without wasting time. Though, I play nurse, so it basically just means two more blinks. I dont use DS when I play survivor, but I dont get very annoyed by it as killer. I havent played many super sweaty 4man swfs, likely.

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290

That's the beauty of super noed, it doesn't need totems! Activate as soon as someone touches a gen.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

Hahaha another genrusher who is a ninja, only enjoy do skill checks. Hahaha pathetic 😂

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

I know a guy, (Twitch streamer btw) (Vroomy btw) who plays David most games, and manages to do at least 3 to 4 and sometimes 5 bones per game solo + 2 gens.....

I dunno ######### you survivors are doing for half the match walking around in circles or fiddling with crows but.....

^ Get like David....and do bones.

And yes it works, as this man has foiled my plans multiple times....

• bm33

I also do this. May not be as quick/easy as it is with swf but there's only a handful of spawn points so it's not difficult to do solo. Also helps that most times you can tell if a killer is running NOED, they tend to put 0 pressure on gens so you know to look for totems before last gen pops.

• Azeroth
    Azeroth Member Posts: 66

One Streamer do bones in solo Q that is not big thing. Man our randoms dont doing gens and u want from them doing bones lol xD

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Hey, Vroomy was a noob at one point as well with only 30 hours or something like that. If he can grow, these other solo Q survivors can grow as well.

Thats really all the skill in this game comes down to, growth. I used to be the most absolute trash on killer hands down. I didn't know how to chase effectively, I didn't know how to combine perks, I didn't know how to spread pressure around to avoid the traps of camping etc, I didn't know damn near anything about survivor perks.

But you know what.....over time, I grew. And now I slay bitches left and right!

People may say, well, these pug solo groups are bad etc. Personally, I think it would benefit survivors, and their ranks more, if they weren't allowed to be boosted by their rank 1 friends. But hey, clearly BHVR doesn't want to improve the survivor experience and will leave solo q survivors out to dry. And trust me, from my killers perspective I see it at least once per game. Where theres 1 guy....who OBVIOUSLY does not belong there. They can't loop, they don't look behind them, they're off somewhere completely unrelated to gens or objectives, I look at their score at the end of the match and even if they were the second to last person to die, they have 4000 points....TOTAL and these Anchor weight survivors can go up as high as rank 3 that I've seen. INCREDIBLY BOOSTED!

Will BHVR change survivor ranking so that this doesn't happen? Hopefully with this next MMR change. That way solo survivors will actually be paired up with people who share the same competence. But I hear ya....some of your buddies are nightmarish.