Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why my fps is low

My computer specs

I7 4790k

Gtx 1060 3gb

24 ddr3 1600 ram

Ssd 120 gb

Hdd 1tb

Silentium pc 450 watts elementum e2

I usualy play on high settings and i have 60 fps all the time

Some times when i am finishing a generator and killers are hitting me my fps are falling to 1 and after 2 secs its back to normal my gpu has 70 degres all the time and my cpu is well behaving.

Tell me what is the problem maybe its is the game optimalizaction ?

Answers

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

My game is also usually pretty smooth but when playing on Indoor Maps and Ormond, my FPS drop extremely when looking the the center of the Map.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,771

This game just performs pretty poorly tbh. I have a GTX 1060 GB and I will occasionally have frame drops at high settings. My CPU is weaker than yours but this game is GPU limited.

I just run the game on low now. High also heats up my room more, and screw that in the summer.

• FrostedX
    FrostedX Member Posts: 4

Game has terrible optimization.

Gtx 1080, ryzen 5 game uncapped to 120 (default is 60) but you wont be able to maintain 120 even on low. The game dips hard depending on map.

The real problem is with the latest two updates, the game now just randomly have an insanely terrible shuttering that occur throughout