New aura system

Options

Comments

• FixThisGame69
    FixThisGame69 Member Posts: 97
    Options

The new auras are too transparent. Any aura reading perk is nerfed now. BBQ & Chilli now provides virtually no information. Their auras are the exact same color as gens so they can be working on a gen and just blend into it.

So now I'm never afraid to keep gen rushing. Bbq and chilli will be replaced with thrilling tremor now for more accurate information.

With the addition of the knock out buff, combined with the the terrible new auras, slugging seems to be more encouraged now.

Anyone else agree that the old auras were perfect and they should change it back?

• Viziation
    Viziation Member Posts: 4
    Options

BBQ is literally useless except for the bloodpoints. I have to squint just to catch a glimpse of the survivors and even then I'd be lucky to see anything. I have a hard time seeing gens unless I'm really close to them or in an open field.Please PLEASE revert them or make them less transparent.

And don't just think about me, think about the colorblind people who already had issues with the auras before the change, they're practically blind.

• NekoNyu
    NekoNyu Member Posts: 8
    Options

First time posting here, but hey. Everybody it's talking about billy and his nerf but... the new aura system it's just invisible, I CAN'T see any hook in the basement, pls fix this.

Can you see it? Because i can't . Srry bh but I can't.

I just... can't.

• GrimDaddyHoodoo
    GrimDaddyHoodoo Member Posts: 3
    Options

They also changed the auras on illusionary doctors. Which make them very hard to see. They were near invincible at times.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

I can see some vague red spots but I'd never know Basement was there if you hadn't mentioned it.

• sfenitto
    sfenitto Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hey All, just hitting the dead horse a bit too here.

Im a number 1 fan of DBD, and I appreciate all the changes they make to the game, but the (voluntary?) change to auras is terrible.

It makes the game a lot less fun to play.

As a killer, you miss many hooks and generators, certainly when decor is in the path

As a killer, the perks that would allow you to see a player aura are as good as useless now.

As a survivor, The perks that show you the killer location such as Object of obession are useless, you have to look in the killer' s direction so long to make out a faint aura, that it gives him enough time to look at you back and spot you easy.

Hooked survivors or the gates opening are so damn fainth you have to guess where they are.

I mean, really, please developers, accept that this is not working and make the auras much more visible again.

• NekoNyu
    Options

I noticed when i passed through the shack and saw the downstairs. :/ Glad i'm not the only one.

• LeShifty
    LeShifty Member Posts: 5
    Options

Not to sound like a broken record, but perks like BBQ, are more or less now useless. Originally, the fact that they were brighter and stood out against the already dark colours of the map was a huge help to killers in locating Survivors easier, as opposed to having to play guess with perks like Whispers or similar.

It isn't good. These new changes to the Auras were god awful. I haven't experienced a single bug to do with Auras, and even then, I am willing to put money on the fact that for every bug where Auras didn't work, there were a hundred times where auras worked just fine.

And God help you if you're playing Killer with BBQ on Ormond. You might as well just DC if you're playing with BBQ on Ormond.

tl;dr

The Aura changes are goddamned awful, Devs. REVERT THE CHANGES!

• DanielSong
    DanielSong Member Posts: 16
    Options

A few times today i saw my tiny green shadow allies go for the save to my tiny red slit hooked ally.

So i diligently did gen work.

Only to realize they failed and realized i couldnt save my hooked ally coz i cant spot the tiny red slit through all the grass... dark brown wall and rocks.

Allies have died in the process.

Pls save more souls by making auras as auras.. not tiny red slits especially downed and hooked survivors..

After all these matches by the way i got sync errors... no BPs earned.

Made me stop playing

• Futtapat910
    Futtapat910 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Okay, we have the update and Tome IV, but why are auras like this? I can't see my traps even they are 15 meters away. Is this a nerf to maps, BBQ&Chili, Object of Obsession and other aura-reading perks?

• Gocee
    Gocee Member Posts: 16
    Options

Devs, we REALLY hate these new changes to the aura system. The fact that both sides are complaining most hopefully ring some bells. It was fine the way it was please reconsider and change it back.

• amerilassie
    amerilassie Member Posts: 1
    Options

The newest update on July 28th changed the appearance of the auras. I’m rarely one to complain, but I can hardly see the auras now with the new outline type look to them. Maybe that was the point of the change to increase the difficulty, but I’m not a big fan. It’s rendered my favorite aura reading perks practically useless. I play on a PS4 and I already have to sit close as it is so I don’t strain my eyes on skill checks playing hours at a time. Love this game, however the new appearance of the auras is really disappointing.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
    Options

jfc. revert this garbage already. can't believe no hotfix.

• Levitika
    Levitika Member Posts: 218
    Options

These new auras are a disgrace, it makes the game borderline unplayable. That they've failed to respond to the criticism already speaks miles.

• Eynox
    Eynox Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2020
    Options

I mean, this HAS to be some kind of joke.

• LaMeR
    LaMeR Member Posts: 47
    Options

Holy crap, they literally ruined the game with those disgraceful aureas.I don't want to lose my eyes or put the head inside the monitor because of this "rework".

Please change them back as before

• Eynox
    edited July 2020
    Options

I've been having a blast on dbd for the last 3 weeks, but honestly.. I'm done for now. These auras really do make me hate the game. Hopefully they'll fix them soon

The more you notice how bad they are the more you hate it. I can't even stand playing anymore, squinting trying to make out where my teamates are or what the hell is even going on.

• Eynox
    Options

Ok, all it would take is anyone with a brain in the DBD Dev team to load up the snowy map and look at the auras. lol. . It's comical

• LaMeR
    Options

True, but I just played in coldwind factory map and can't see any surv auras with BBQ on, those new auras are impossible to detect in all maps

• Sin_
    Sin_ Member Posts: 3
    Options

yeah, on some maps its literally invisible... Please revert back to the good old auras.

• Sin_
    Sin_ Member Posts: 3
    Options

yea, looks like no basement is there... crazy stuff. PLEASE REVERT THESE AURAS, THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

Someone using Kindred actually screwed me. I couldn't see which way the killer was going. The aura update is really freaking bad. I don't know who thought this was a good idea. Not everyone sits with their face in the damn screen.

Bless any color blind people..

• Sk1zor
    Sk1zor Member Posts: 4
    Options

The aura change is affecting my gameplay and not in a good way, i can't see the basement hooks, i can't see survivors with BBQ, i can't see my totems. Before this patch i didn't have this problem, so please revert the changes or fix this auras.

• MeridianSky_
    MeridianSky_ Member Posts: 16
    Options

I agree

• MeridianSky_
    Options

Can we make a petition to make the auras back the way they were?? Haha

• MeridianSky_
    Options

Can we make a petition to revert the auras back to normal please? Haha

• MeridianSky_
    Options

New auras are unanimously hated. Let's start a petition to get the old auras back <3

• MeridianSky_
    Options

It's a nerf to DBD 👍

• Eynox
    Options

They wrote in Twitter that they are working on a fix asap. *shrugs*

• VDubb
    VDubb Member Posts: 23
    Options

This thread is 13 pages deep and they only post about it in a REPLY on Twitter...un-freaking believable.

• Harket
    Harket Member Posts: 21
    Options

BBQ is now useless.

• Alec1055
    Alec1055 Member Posts: 98
    Options

So many people say they hate the new auras. Can we just have a trigger to choose and maybe call the new ones “crystal auras?” Because I really like them

• NekoNyu
    Options

I hope they will :c

• Klod_Etka
    Klod_Etka Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2020
    Options

New auras is very bad, please them back old. Last patch in buggs:

1. Animation broken neck surv
    2. Item in grey pixels
    3. Not view surv on hook
    4. Not view surv is down
    5. Not view surv is on earth

Fix, please!!!

Post edited by Klod_Etka on
  • ClickNinja
    ClickNinja Member Posts: 59
    Options

Aura suck now, change them back!

• ClickNinja
    Options

I'm a survivior main and auras suck now - fix them!

• ClickNinja
    Options

Auras are ######### now, good job.

• ClickNinja
    Options

Change them back, how many stupid "updates" Behavior?

• ClickNinja
    Options

I'm a survivor main and I agree 100%!

• JC_11
    JC_11 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I don’t like the new Aura system, I can barely even see anyone working on a generator with BBQ. And Kindred is also not as useful, Please bring back the old auras

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    Options

They sure look nice, but aren't very good gameplay wise. I couldn't see where the killer hooked a team mate in Ormond during the EGC. I'm afraid to try playing Trapper with the new auras, worried I'll step on my own traps. I've also heard that colorblind people are struggling trying to see the new auras.

• jackbunny456
    jackbunny456 Member Posts: 1
    Options

It's impossible to use Hex totems as well at this point, making the challenges with the Hag extremely hard. Plus when the entity takes a survivor? That just looks like a bit of a mess thanks to the new auras.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

To put it here, it has been commented on:

• LaMeR
    edited July 2020
    Options

I hope that the new changes doesn't make them more invisible then now 😂

Personally I would just the old auras back without any "new rework" because I don't expect nothing good

• cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136
    Options

Uh, Hillbilly is not nerfed at all. His new "heat-up" mechanic was reduced to the point of being unnoticeable. All they actually changed were his add-ons, which is what needed the most work. His base kit is basically still identical.

• FablPlayz
    FablPlayz Member Posts: 169
    Options

They should fix things that are broken

It's not like dbd is a perfect game without bugs

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158
    Options

they can pretend they are working hard by fixing broken system after break it by their own hand.