Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New aura system

Comments

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

every time they change something that has auras, for what ever reason they look like this. something is not right it's been like this before and fixed as well.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

I think the auras now use the lighting map on objects/characters, which iirc CAN improve graphical performance. The problem is that it makes the auras hardly visible as a result, meaning there was a good intend, but the execution is a mess.

it should be possible to make the aura look selectable (flat map vs lighting map)

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

The auras are awful now. It is really hard to see them at all from some angles.

I only plaed killer since the update and it is so hard now to see anything with BBQ. even the auras of gens are so hard to see.

PLEASE CHANGE THIS BACK. This is probably the worst about this patch!

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Is it like Ormond where you could barely see them? I wonder what it's like now

• LowSpecGamersMatter
    LowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485

I played a few rounds of billy and had BBQ and Nurses calling equipped. The new aura color (or whatever it is) makes these perks useless for me now. I had nearly ZERO VALUE because I couldnt see anything. Even gens were hard to see.

So after all the asking and begging for color blind support we get new auras which makes it not also hard for those who arent color blind?

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I can barely see cross map survivors as killer, it feels like a nerf to BBQ

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

I am a survivor main. I run a combination of dark sense and poised. Finish a gen, see where the killer is, and I've got 10 seconds to run in the opposite direction without a single scratch mark. I've got it down to a science. As of today that second part no longer exists. I suppose the aura still shows. I just can't see it. I can still run without leaving a scratch mark but I may be running directly towards the killer since I can no longer see them.

It isn't a matter of just that though. I now can't even get the basic information of seeing a downed survivor. I can barely see a survivor on a hook. Kindred is now useless to me. I can't begin to fathom how in the world a company doesn't bother to make an actual effort to check something like this out before implementing a change. It seriously feels like they just gave me the middle finger and told me to find something else to play.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

At the moment, I'd say somewhat. Crossmap survivors I really struggle to see but closer ones aren't terrible.

• WheresTheGate

As someone that has some color blindness I will say this was basically BHVR giving me a huge middle finger

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

I'm not colorblind but I'm sure I will need some glasses 'cause I can't see #########! Who did even ask for this change? Nobody! This change appeared out of nowhere. I expected bugs but this... I hope it isn't a permanent thing because I don't want to play this game right now. Why not focus on something important rather than auras that weren't a problem at all. They look like jelly now... Jelly that you can't see but it is there somewhere😒

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Oh God, I haven't seen how Kindred functions now, that was my bread and butter survivor perk before this. If it's as bad as you say, then yes, killer and survivor are both completely screwed for me. That is about as bad as I could have feared.

• madamretto

Who in their right mind saw this and thought that this looks great? Who even likes this change?😅

• WheresTheGate

I can't say how it will be for you. For me, I look towards a hook with a survivor and I simply can't tell if I'm seeing the killer or not. Literally thought I was looking at the killers aura at one point earlier only to find I was wrong when the killer came up behind me.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

here you go.

Killer is barely visible in the basement...

• LordRegal
    edited July 2020

Yeah, when I get off work in a couple hours I'll definitely be trying it out...as is I'm not exactly hopeful. This is seriously a giant middle finger to colorblind people, and it's so off the mark even those with normal color vision are struggling at points. I'm genuinely impressed how bad this is looking.

Edit: Yep, that confirms it, my favorite survivor perk since I started the game is dead to me. Holy. Hell. Thanks for showing me though, that saves me two hours of wondering.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 953

At least the X-ray in Batman Arkham were bright and pleasant. Even the red guys with weapons.

• WheresTheGate

Yes! I had seen occasional posts from people talking about certain things being too hard to see. I had NEVER seen a post from anyone ever complaining about the auras being too good. There are things in this game actually broken. Instead of taking the time to fix those things they took the time to change something that wasn't broken, no one was complaining about, and didn't need to be changed. The change was a huge slap in the face to those that were already having trouble with certain visual parts of this game anyway. It's truly one of the most stupid moves I have ever seen any game company make.

• Serebii123
    Serebii123 Member Posts: 1

Anyone else feel strongly about these new aura changes with the 4.1.0 patch? I felt like the old auras were great (although sometimes BBQ would be hidden by a generator) but these new auras make everything hard to see and personally don't look as good. Heck, I just played a game where I couldn't find my totem because it was so small and faint! I hope I'm not alone in feeling like these new aura were a small oversight.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Why do they look different now? Seriously, it looks so bad!

When I play as a killer, the auras of the gens are barely distinguishable..

• LowSpecGamersMatter
    LowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485

u know whats funny? back then 2017 or so aura was broken as hell, it was really hard to see stuff. Then they made an update which helped a lot and you could finally see gens, hex totems etc much better. And now, they go back to the old useless aura system. I really dont get it

• WheresTheGate

I agree with you. I can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea in any shape, form, or fashion. It doubly annoys me to realize there are things in this game that are legitimately broken and need to be fixed. Instead of taking time to fix things that need to be fixed they actually devoted time to changing something that wasn't broken, and broke it in the process. This is beyond clueless for any gaming company.

• LordRegal

Honestly unless my eyes have gotten significantly worse in the last three years, 2017 auras were better than this. And that's sad that I can say that.

I know I've joked about literally unplayable before, but for this...it really is unplayable. We need to be able to see the things that are supposed to be easy to see.

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124

Like literally, I have to squint to see the auras of alarm clocks, Jigsaw boxes, OOO, kindred, etc. Forget that I have a hard time figuring out where the hooked survivor is at. Hope I am not the only one having trouble with this new thing. Can this be made brighter please?

P.S. But hey, at least we wont need distortion perk or lone survivor anymore huh? New mechanics ftw I guess :D

• Sweetnr
    Sweetnr Member Posts: 5

Can we have a rollback on the Aura system ? The update just makes me don't want to play killer. BBQ is barely useless now, hardly see auras.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 953

It's a shame they dont use OTHER colors other than red and yellow and slightly not yellowish. Like the event using blue on special hooks. But that's all.

• patabomm
    patabomm Member Posts: 3

there’s no way, these new auras are ridiculous, I can’t see the survivors right in the nurse’s call, bbq is ridiculous too, it’s no longer enough for the character to be miniscule from afar, still stay in that weak aura, I sincerely hope they will revert or change for that it will be impossible to play the killer.

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124

Exactly.

• WheresTheGate

It's just so strange. They could have devoted time to doing something like fix hitboxes, grabs, or any of a multitude of known problems people complain about frequently. Instead they change something that:

• No one asked to be changed
    • No one was complaining about
    • Was not broken

And added yet another broken element to their game. Everyone that had any hand in approving this change should be ashamed of themselves.

• patabomm

there’s no way, these new auras are ridiculous, I can’t see the survivors right in the nurse’s call, bbq is ridiculous too, it’s no longer enough for the character to be miniscule from afar, still stay in that weak aura, I sincerely hope they will revert or change for that it will be impossible to play the killer.

• VentingSylar
    VentingSylar Member Posts: 177

Dear lord their awful. Can barely see hooks and gens, my bbq has been rendered completely useless as I can't see a single aura. And what little I can see is my 10x worse on Mount Ormound, the auras are straight up worse than they were when the map came out. I really don't know what you guys were thinking with this? Did you even test the aura changes at all?

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396
    edited July 2020

For the love of God, if you’re not going to add a colorblind option like every other game in the world, then don’t make it even harder to see auras. I literally cannot see hooked survivors anymore, and gens that are far away are even harder to see.

I know I speak for a lot of the colorblind community in this game when I say that it is way past due to add more accessibility options.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Yeah, totally!

When there are already complaints of a lack of colour-blind support, I do not understand why there are changes being made to make it even HARDER to distinguish colours.

I would really like to understand the justification behind this.

Absolutely no. Just no.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

Can you circle the killer? I seriously can't tell where he is.

• WheresTheGate

You aren't the only one that hates it. There are several posts about this already. Haven't seen anyone yet that likes it. For those of us that have some color blindness this was game breaking.

• Buddha
    Buddha Member Posts: 14

this change is so stupid hands down, i tought my game was glitching or something but no.

now i cant see survivors whit BBQ, even whit nurse calling looks pretty bad.

Gg´s survivors yall win this time lol

• patabomm

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Wow.. That's awful.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Is this in the patch notes? Maybe its a bug?

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601

Absolutely terrible

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Oof I can see it’s more shaped right but that just makes it harder to see though

• RivathaX
    RivathaX Member Posts: 2

Dear Developer and DBD Team,

I can understand that the game has to evolve and that everything gets more difficult, but the update has brought me a huge disadvantage as a survivor.

I, like many men, have a red and green weakness. I can't see anything anymore when someone hangs or lies on the floor. This can't be a solution for the players of DBD and I'm not going out for me alone.

There's not even a color-blind mode...

Please solve the problem or reset this very partial update. Playing is not impossible anymore and that's a pity because I like to play it.

Please solve...

• madamretto

Btw, I'm still upset that almost every perk for gens gives them yellow aura. When I run Surveillance and Discordance at the same time, I'm a bit confused sometimes. I'd understand if they added different colors for auras, it'd be a nice change, but not this... abomination 😨

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

If it ain’t broke, don’t ######### fix it.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

I can’t continue to play this game if auras aren’t changed soon, it literally makes it unplayable for us colorblind people.