Unbeatable 4 SWF For the people and Soul guard

Options
gelukrait
gelukrait Member Posts: 172
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Is there anyway to beat them? The killer was bullied so hard.

Time stamp: 1h 45m 45s

Please remember this is open discussion, I do not intend to insult anyone.

Comments

• Fitzerino
    Fitzerino Member Posts: 16
    Options

Any time in particular ? that's a 3hour vid

• gelukrait
    edited July 2020
    Options

Sorry, I added the timestamp in the link but the filter ignored it.

Time stamp: 1h 45m 45s

• Stuballs89
    Stuballs89 Member Posts: 89
    Options

Well I was thinking about that. You could give a 50% boost to BP for survivors who solo queue and a 100-150% BP boost to killers who choose to play against SWF by choice. This might seem steep but to be fair killers have a really hard time against good SWF and I think it would be good encouragement to do so.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

The only way I can see is by having IRL premonition powers and running a stronger build before you enter the match.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options

He said in the video he had never seen it before. But you can see a lot of 4k unbeatable freddys against solo surv. And sure this is not a problem for you

• Donzie87
    Donzie87 Member Posts: 7
    Options

dont play fair, play to win they moan about making the game fun and they dont make the game fun for killers so why should the killer do the same. Remember the survivor rule book isnt a thing KILL MAIM BURN!

• gelukrait
    Options

Yeah, but in this vid, you could not camp (or they gen rush), neither tunnel.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

But that is how you beat them. Use their altruism against them.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    edited July 2020
    Options

yeah that definitely sucks to go against. This is a perfect example of perks beeing abused by an SWF group.

However, he really didn't played that well. He knew from the beginning what was going on and kept hitting people that got just picked up from dying state instead of going for the other one and kept slugging until the others healed again to use "for the people" again. He also didn't keep track of who he was hooking (he hooked the Jane twiche, picked up the Yui and thought she was dead, was surprised she's not and blamed the same skin, even though nobody used the same skin in this match and he hooked a completey different character before.)

I can imagine that this isn't fun to face at all, but he could have played that way better imo. I don't want to insult anyone here or trashtalk somebody, but I don't think this is a good example because there were a lot of mistakes on the killers side.

To beat a group like that I'd suggest not to slug that much and keep people injured. If they're injured, they can't use "For the people". Don't slug until the others healed, hook survivors and spread damage/keep them injured. And notice when they use a styptic, it was really obvious in that match. Wait it out, like BT.

• idektbh
    idektbh Member Posts: 129
    Options

I mean, that’s kinda broken definitely. I’ve never really realized that soul guard would work with for the people. The killer ######### up a little tho, as soon as he realized what they were doing he could have waited the 8 seconds of endurance and then hit, the same thing u do with borrowed time, or he couldve just went after the one who got them up. Same with the sptyptic, it was so obvious when they used it, and they were kinda in a dead zone, he could’ve waited and then hit them. This obviously doesn’t work everytime because 8 seconds is enough to go back to a loop but yh, that makes this build really frustrating and strong, but it isn’t actually unbeatable.

• gelukrait
    Options

True, he had few chance to pick up, but he chose slug playstyle to reduce gen speed due to SWF altruistic. Other reason is Bubba is not very good at gen pressure and his perk choice (Infectious Fright).

He had to hit the people saved from dying state because they did body block. I think the biggest mistake was he hit them to soon, instead wait for 8 seconds.

• gelukrait
    Options

I think he was surprised and could not stay calm to remember about 8 seconds rule. But I agree with you, the best way is chase until 8 seconds are over. I really wonder which next move that SWF team can do if he does it.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Nobody is going to deny thats a toxic build, and personally the 8 seconds? Of endurance seems a little too much from soul guard...

However people acting like the killer had no way of seeing it coming...

He sees 4 survivors with the same meme name at the start. Big indication something he up. He mentions their medkits and about taking franklins but decided not so. Franklins to take away their medkits would have impeded their ability to self-heal after broken status ended.

He realizes after the first soul guard endurance whats happening, yet continues to hit the person who just got up all throughout the game rather than going for the person who did the rescue, and twice he rushes to hit survivors who clearly just popped the endurance add on right in front of him giving them a speed boost. Nobody is expecting him to play perfectly but theres some kind of disconnect here because if you listen to him he clearly understands early whats going on but then refuses to play around it.

End of the day he could have and should have just thrown on an ebony the moment he saw that lobby

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

Playing leatherface and running most likely his most effective perks on him and continually doesn’t play around the perks he knows almost immediately at the start they have.

Using that match as the example why it’s unbeatable isn’t fair as the killer kept making mistakes and refusing to adapt their playstyle or play around perks to effectively stop what they were trying to do.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 718
    Options

I really, really don't get why everything single little thing has to get complained about (not coming for you in particular, OP!). As soon as this perk came out, everyone knew there would be synergy with FTP, but we all know it is situational and even stupidly good SWFs are unlikely to run any build that puts it into play over the typical tried and true build with DS/BT/Unbreakable/etc. It's like killer mains don't want survivors to have different playstyle possibilities. Just do gens, run in dead zones, get hit, die before gates are powered, eat hot chip, and lie.

In any case, the killer played it suboptimally here like others have already pointed out. 8 seconds isn't that much time of endurance AND the person who used FTP is a one hit down for 90 seconds. Even making yourself available to hit the person making the FTP play is an easy way to counter it, since you can't use FTP while injured. I could only see this ACTUALLY being complicated if it was coupled with everyone using the same skin and making it very confusing for the killer to keep track of which person he should prioritize hitting.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    edited July 2020
    Options

He played really terrible and still got a 2k, how is it terrible, this wouldn't have been possible on an outdoor map where he could just slap the guy using FTP.

He could've easily 4k'd them if he didn't let them unhook the guy near death.

I'd rather talk about the what, 30 back to back to back pallets on some maps.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,420
    edited July 2020
    Options

Those perks are fine in solo queue but this is a good example of how busted they become in a coordinated SWF group.

This is counter intuitive to their design philosophy. They said themselves that they don't want to make changes or release perks that buff SWF solely. Those 2 perks are de facto those types of perks.

The team wasn't unbeatable and the killer made a few small mistakes, but that is still insanely unfun to face and extremely unlikely you will win.

Would we call that a fair game? I wouldn't

• Valor188917
    edited July 2020
    Options

He literally got a 2k after playing like a buffoon on a map that heavily favoured this loadout. They would've gotten destroyed anywhere else where they can't bodyblock for the person using ftp.

I'd play against this any day over the standard survivor build with people just splitting up, sitting on gens and basically shitting them out.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,420
    edited July 2020
    Options

It wasn't a heavily favored loadout and he wasn't playing like a buffoon even remotely. There are also a lot worse maps that he could've been placed on. He only got the 2k at the end because they greeded the door.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited July 2020
    Options

How do you beat this?

Count to 8 or switch targets. Don't slug because you know they won't stay on the floor. Confirm your hooks because again... they won't stay on the floor and you have Pop. Lastly, on Hawkins especially don't let them get fantastic value out of the crazy amount of unsafe pallets by letting them stun you with them. There's way too much wood on that map to let the Survivors stun you.

Not going to deny that that is a pretty toxic build that SWF was running... especially with the Stypic Agents on top. It 100% was.

But he did not shift his tactics to deal with it. Even if you have to swing into Soul Guard because of body blocking... that person now has deep wound so they're less of a threat and have +50% speed so they are getting a ton of distance, which makes them the worst possible target... but at least twice, possibly 3 times he swung into Soul Guard then continued chasing that person instead of the person who used For the People who also goes down in 1 hit, is more of a threat because being broken means they have nothing better to do than Gens, and doesn't have +50% speed for 2 seconds.

• Valor188917
    Options

Letting a person as a bubba that is like 10 seconds near death get rescued by a guy you're speedboosting with m1 yourself is playing like a buffoon along with eating every damn palletstun on a map that is built around palletstuns since the pallets there are ridiculously unsafe.

How is that not playing bad, wow, the bar is pretty low here.

• Valor188917
    Options

I'd take that SWF build on as a killer any day over the regular, it's way more interactive and you get a ######### ton of bloodpoints.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I probably would too, but that's because I'm frequently on Legion... and that SWF build seems like it would fall apart against Legion. Can't use For the People if everyone is already injured.

• Valor188917
    edited July 2020
    Options

It would also fall apart on open maps where you cannot properly bodyblock for the guy who used for the people, they also BURNT through ressources on this map really fast because of the way they played, imagine doing that on for example dead dawg saloon, you'd be #########.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364
    Options

I'm not against SWF but I rarely see SWF who are just there to play the game, not to be sweaty, looping and clicking flashlights and making your game stressful as hell like their life depends on it. When me and my friend played together, we rarely escaped. We are not pros and were playing for fun. But now it's not about playing the game, it's about destroying the killer by taking the same perks, being toxic and teabag at the gate. Like Scott said, it's like you watch a cutscene where you always win. I mean I don't mind loosing because of my own mistakes but this... this is the whole new level.

• madamretto
    Options

Where are those SWF who doesn't have over 9000 hours in the game? Not red ranks, not running the same builds. Where are those who is between pros and potatoes? 😥

• yesnomaybe
    yesnomaybe Member Posts: 3
    Options

A couple of kills, 29.200 points, maxing 3 categories, still felt like he lost, guess you don't win unless everyone else loses, right? :)

• Valor188917
    edited July 2020
    Options

Scott was talking about genrushing depipsquad tournamentplayers, he himself loves playing against memy-######### like this. Heck his last video was against a sabosquad and he had a ton of fun. Those guys were in no way toxic and you need to get your head out of your *** and stop thinking everything is made to feel you miserable. What he said also applies to killers who are sweating their balls off against people who are obviously memeing and having fun.

I played against a 4man Head on DS sabosquad with my freddy, know why I felt bad after? Cos they were meming and I was sweating my balls off, in the end it was a 4k with 4 gens left and they were good sports and told me they love me etc.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

Hopefully the new MMR system will put survivors up against more equally skilled killers. In that case the 4k unbeatable killers should become less common and percolate towards the top of the elo where the bullying survivors can easily handle whatever the killer dishes out.

There are far fewer "unbeatable" killers than there are toxic swat SWF.

• Valor188917
    edited July 2020
    Options

still it's funny how the title of this thread is an "unbeatable SWF" which literally got beat (29k points and pip) by a suboptimally playing bubba on a really harsh map.

• madamretto
    Options

Chill, dude 😅I was just using his phrase because I liked it and I can apply it for whatever SWF I want. Scott plays DBD professionally, don't compare him and me. If you are good at the game and can beat SWF squads like those shown in the video, good for you. I want to play with people of my skill and rank. I don't main anyone and play a bit of every killer. And judging by their comments in the end-game chat, they DO want you to feel miserable. That's why I turned it off.

Meming doesn't equal being sweaty, you know?

• coppersly
    Options

Yes it's very common on these forums to use hyperbole. I won't say this is the best example but the point is still there: SWF is an unfair advantage that saps the fun out of the game for killers who have to put up with it and ruins the balance for solos because killers have to be able to contend with SWF which puts them above most solos.

• Valor188917
    edited July 2020
    Options

It's an asymetric 4v1 game with different loadouts that gives access to items/addons that heavily tip the scale without the opposite side knowing if 1 is gonna sweat or not, this game will never be balanced nor is it made to be balanced, it's made to be fun or just frustrating enough to keep you playing. The only way to make this game balanced would be giving perks/loadouts different weighting into MMR and matching people accordingly which would be absolutely insane to program and result in ridiculous queues.

• coppersly
    Options

4 man swat teams are not frustrating enough to keep me coming back. It does the opposite, it makes me want to never play again.

• Valor188917
    Options

how often do you see those, maybe once every 20 games? You would probably not play any competitive online game then. How often does the matchmaker in for example league of legends screw you over heavily.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    edited July 2020
    Options

It's not the perk it's the team. You use those perk in a solo match it sucks. Even on this video it's not very good if the survivor on this video were bad it would be 4k in 3mn. It's a meme build really. Very similar to head on. Powerful when you have your friend on discord. But otherwise too situational.

• coppersly
    Options

YOU might experience them rarely but I commonly go against them. It's probably more common to go against 2 SWF than it is against a full solo team in my experience. I can't blame survivors, if they can make a SWF that's free perks and powers for everyone involved with no downside.

• Valor188917
    Options

I'm on EU where players usually are way more sweaty than on US and unless you play on korea then I'm gonna say you don't face them often as well.

• Valor188917
    edited July 2020
    Options

Even then it's a waste of time and it's usually better to just sit your ass on a gen instead of following around a teammate who MIGHT go down.

• coppersly
    Options

Well considering you're judging my anecdotal experience with only your own as a basis I don't think you have a point. There's no certain way to tell how many SWF either of us experience on average. All I can tell you is that I personally see SWF teams more often than not. It doesn't mean I'm facing seal team 6 SWF every game but I do face SWF a lot.

• Valor188917
    Options

U see a 4man quite often on redranks yes, but that doesn't automatically mean they're sweating their ass off.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    Options

Yeah i don't get what killer on this thread find op. They're literally wasting their own time and doing risky play probably because it's more fun to play like that than to press m1 and leave in 5mn.

• coppersly
    Options

"It doesn't mean I'm facing seal team 6 SWF every game but I do face SWF a lot."

Yes that is quite literally what I said. But even despite that you're still missing the point.

SWF is an unfair advantage over solos that comes with no downside whatsoever. It makes the game less enjoyable as a killer. It makes the game unbalanced for solos because they are considerably weaker.

• Valor188917
    edited July 2020
    Options

There is a downside, solos will usually not play altruistic and derp the ######### around. It's rare that I get into a SWF that says "just leave me" unless there's a NOED that we can't find ofc. I probably even die more often while in SWF due to heavy skill disparities rather than in solo.

If solo redranks wanna play commando then they'll take a kinrdred with them and most you'll get is a 2k if they're playing correctly, the biggest info that SWF gives is against stealthkillers and which gens are being worked on.

I'd still love a perk that lets me see genprogress as a solosurvivor.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

While that is definitely a perfect example of just why SWF are too OP in DBD (and what keeps new players from sticking around to play Killer), he put too much emphasis on trying to slug when he should have been more focused on hooking.

• Valor188917
    Options

This is a really bad example, depip squad was a great example but he 2k'd with almost max bloodpoints while playing really bad.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

no matter what swf going make this game harder then it should be for killers i lost hope for a fix or idea other then that new thing coming start of the match