DE-RANKING System

otterboi77
otterboi77 Member Posts: 3
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi DBD Devs, Mods, and all the community,

First and foremost, amazing game and congratulations on its success; thank you for bringing this gem into the world.

I've noticed for quite some time now that at higher ranks people often desire to DE-RANK them selves to the lower ranks for their own reasons.

The problem I, and many others, are having is that when a dedicated, competitive higher ranking player like myself joins a lobby with random people wanting to DE-RANK, those randos DC early or mid-game ruining the immersion, suspense and fundamental gameplay of Dead By Daylight. Killers will turn into helpful friendly players trying to either let you escape and/or 'farm' bloodpoints, or completely hand your ass to you because of a lack of teammates. Remaining teammates will often afk or DC themselves because the team was destroyed, forcing those of us more dedicated players into DC'ing as well or half-heartedly playing the game. And recently it's been getting worse.

In about 20% of the past 20 games I have played, at ranks 5 and up, there was at least 1 person (quite often a pair of players) would DC in order to DE-rank / DE-pip themselves into lower ranked levels. (I've found this out by catching up with them later and just kindly asking why they disconnected. In addition to watching their streams on twitch where they happily admit "I want to DE-RANK.)

As a hardcore lifelong gamer I am sure some of you can share in my frustration. And, at this point, my overwhelming desire to stop playing the game in a competitive manner is because the DE-ranking players essentially waste my precious gaming time.

However, I love this game. The sheer horror and fright your product provides should not be shadowed by people simply wanting to DE-RANK themselves. So I implore you, please implement some type of DE-RANKING or DE-PIPPING system so players can DE-RANK themselves without destroying the gameplay for those of us wishing to attain rank 1 glory!

P.S. Maybe bloodpoints can be used to DE-rank? or maybe Bloodpoints can be refunded in exchange for DE-Pipping? You folks are smart, creative and most of all gamers too. I am sure this problem can be figured out!

Here's hoping for a resolution,

- Lord Otterboi77