Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Alternate Game Modes

2»

Comments

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

I like the idea of alternative modes and the things you mentioned. But honestly I think thats not gonna happen, maybe in custom games at best These modes sound pretty challenging and regarding the struggle many players already have with the "normal mode" it will be too much imo. I think the biggest problem will be the further seperation of the player base. Players divide into normal and custom games. If you even add one more mode I dont want to know how long queue times will take.

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236

If we can't sell it, it ain't happening.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Well the idea is to make them available for a limited time. So for instance, every other weekend an alternate game mode is available. Just as an added incentive, give players bonus bloodpoints for participating. Each update the alternate game modes can be added to custom games as an option. Popular game modes can occur more frequently. But if they are only available for limited time and during weekends when there is a higher player count then splitting the player base should not be a problem.

• Dreamnomad

This is exactly the kind of thing that will increase profits long term. This adds extra longevity to the game. More players playing for longer periods of time equals more money. This is win-win. Also, this would allow for a platform for experimentation. Say they want to test a major change to the game. It would be easy to make it an "alternate game mode" to see how it works with large numbers of players. If it turns out working really well then it could be added as a feature to the base game. But if there are a lot of unforeseen problems then no biggie.

• Psypho_Diaz
    Psypho_Diaz Member Posts: 185

Back to the basics was one I thought would be interesting, only thing that could be used is BPS offerings.

I also thought of the random killer and survivor perk and 2 killers 8 survivors one as well.

I love your list though, a lot of thought went into it. I hope the first one they do is 2 killers. The killers could even "hit each other", and cause I stun scene where they bicker or catch the hot and push back the other killer. My favorite one is if the huntress throws a hatchet that would hit the other killer but he catches it and throws it back. Not saying killers should be hitting each other but you know it's bound to happen in the chaos. Plus it would inventivise the killers to not run side by side.

• BasedMorlis
    BasedMorlis Member Posts: 29

Double Trouble: 2 Killers - 8 Survivors: Double the number of generators needed to power the doors, double the number of doors, extend the map sizes by 1.5x. That would be amazing. The killer combinations would be a real breath of fresh air.

• Dreamnomad

2 killers without a doubt has been the most requested game mode. I think a fair amount of experimenting would need to be done to achieve anything close to balance though. I don't think double everything is the right way to go though. Like maybe 6 survivors with 6 gens to finish might be around the right ratio. I do agree that there would need to be at least one extra exit gate though.