"You had no map pressure"

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I just played a game with ghost face on a Coldwind map and got completely gen rushed. Like oh my god there was nothing I could do absolutely zero counterplay. First three gens within the first minute.

And a Survivor has the audacity to tell me I have no map pressure. TAKE A LOOK AT THOSE BUILDS. No map pressure my butt. I had eight stacks of STBFL and was literally downing people as fast as physically possible on this Killer. I even had good add-ons.

Just stop. If you're literally gen rushing own up to it and don't blame the Killer for "no map pressure." Sit down.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

They are correct that you had no map pressure, but it wasn't entirely your fault. An m1 killer on Coldwind is rough and they brought stacked toolboxes to boot. Maps and killers are still a little broken, I believe in balance issues, not silly fake problems like "tunneling" or "gen rushing". If you played your best all you can do now is hope for better luck next time.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

The problem is objective time and information available. Survivor and killer should have similar objective times, roughly 7 minutes, unfortunately, survivor objective times are about half of killer times, and they have the numbers advantage. Anyone that's played this game for more than 50 hours can see this.

The second problem is information, the game is made around zero communication, so swf breaks it. They need to add 10 seconds per gen, per member in a party. So a 3 man gets 30 seconds added, while the solo is still at 80.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

No man. That setup is gen rush. This is a rare instance where the term is being used correctly. It's not full gen rush. If it was there'd have been 2 more toolboxes with BnP.

@TheRoyalOwl uh multiple Streetwise stacks make toolboxes better than before. Two people with Prove Thy Self, Streetwise, engineers toolboxes, BnP, and Wire Spool can complete a gen in 15 seconds. The real joke is they'd have enough toolbox left to complete their second gen in 29 seconds. Get a 4 man with a decent spawn and this setup and that's 4 gens in 44 seconds.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Gen rushing usually isn't directly the survivors fault. It's game balance, from the killer in play, to the map, gen/loop placement, etc. In this case, however, it was clearly the survivors intentions to get the gens done as fast as possible. No interest in the chase, to actually have a match. They wanted in, pop gens in three minutes, teabag out the door. Just look at the BNPs and perks.

Killer didn't do that badly. Over 20k, so he did put chases and downs in. But when you have a coordinated team that are only in the match to blitz you, only a certain skill cap and killer choice can overcome that.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

So the killer is having a hard time at the beginning of the match...what's your point?

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Just saying if they come in with loadouts like that I can almost guarantee that the survivor was being sarcastic. They know you can't do anything.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

Yep. I miss the old ruin. Changing it was the dumbest thing.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    edited July 2020

They probably were poking fun with that remark. Although, it's technically true that you had no pressure, for the simple reason that you couldn't have any given the circumstances.

Those kind of builds are kinda rare. There's not much you could've done there. Those are the survivor equivalent of 'kill-rush' uber sweaty killer builds. You just don't see the gen-rush loadouts often, because you need multiple people to run them, as opposed to the killer who's just one player.

Ultimately, there's unbalanced stuff in the game. The devs are constantly assessing and tweaking. It's no use getting too upset with it. Brush it off and move on to the next match.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Honestly all i can say is you win some you lose some. Just like 4 randoms get slapped by a mori, it can be reversed and a random killer gets a swf death squad. Just shake it off and move onto the next game is my best advice

• swog
    swog Member Posts: 10

I won't give much input because I'm not smart but I use corrupt on ghostie as it separates survs so you can pick them off. Just what I do tho. ☺️

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Those builds are literally designed to get the gens done as fast as possible. Double up on gens w/Prove Thyself, stealth so the killer is forced to waste more time looking for you, Resilience because more gen speed, a medic to patch everyone up before they go for the gates. That is a tournament "deathsquad" team right there.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Lmao. Yeah, not at all. The tournament teams loadouts was basically all BT/DS/Unbreakable/Dead Hard or Sprint Burst.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Lmao. Yeah, not at all. The tournament teams loadouts was basically all BT/DS/Unbreakable/Dead Hard or Sprint Burst.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I’m impressed that you got that many bloodpoints with those survivor builds, honestly. You must have pressured them some because the ultra sweaty gen rush builds I’ve played with/against in the past have usually ended up with 10k bloodpoints across the board.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    edited July 2020

Yeah, and if you do either one poorly you pay for it, this isn't rocket science.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306

This is typical "genrush tryhard SWF". They play not for "fun"

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Yeah, that's a gen jockey team. But, and there always is a but, it looks like you played GF in the most boring way, and also played right into their builds desire.

I'm guessing you barely ever exposed anyone and just went for injuries and rotation off of that? They all had Resilience, meaning you were helping them do gens faster.

Had you have exposed them, left them alone and rotated onto someone else, maybe to get a grab or more exposed people, they would have crapped themselves a bit.

Also, 3 gens in a minute is kinda avoidable. Maybe 2 BNPs on 2 gens would have them almost done by the time you get there, but still you would hear or see the gen pumping that early in the game. What map was it?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2020

I usually don't give to much attention to accuses of gen rushing, but even I have to admit those guys seemed really dedicated to it just by looking at the build.

That said, against such a team ending chases quicky is not enough, because it doesn't matter how quick you are you still are pressuring one survivor at a time. That's why I think STBFL is not impactful as it seems, while Discordance or some other information perk that tells you where you can put the most pressure would have helped you a lot.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

This is a bully squad in action, there isn't much you can do since even if you "apply pressure" you really can't "apply pressure" to 4 different sides of the map at once, you'll injure one and go find the others he'll just get back on the gen, you down and hook you'll waste time hooking.

With people like this the best option is to slug, but it's often too late when you realize they're genrushing.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Not a lot Ghostface is going to be able to do against that on Coldwind. Your best shot would be to proxy camp the first hook around a 3 gen, force hook trades, and play around Pop. 99 people for quick Exposed hits and harass them off the 3 gen. Even the 3 gen strat is rough because there are still too many linked safe tiles on the Coldwind series. But Ghostface can't win that game playing like Fair and Fun Killer bot.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
    edited July 2020

At this point I'm sorry but you should just stop playing Ghostface. A good nurse would have make a quick work of these genrushers. They don't even have exhaustion perks.

There is a reason why only few killers are viable in this game, and ghostface is a loopable M1 killer.

It's annoying and doesn't solve the real problem, but you have to play top tier killers

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

You're supposed to 2k on average, not at least 2k everygame. This was a bad game, and you 1k

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 966

It's the fact that its FOUR survivors needing FIVE Generators to be done to open gates. Searching, finding, being looped, all takes time. Survivors have toolboxes with add-ons that speed things up WHILE the killer is busy doing these things. even without a toolbox, fixing a gen is moderately speedy when you dont miss checks.

They need to reduce these speeds on all these factors. Plus reduce the range the checks have

Also, add more needed objectives for survivors to do than just FIVE Generators.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Prove thyself, resiliance, toolboxes and BNPs, the most interesting choice is bringing Neas perk to make the toolboxes last longer. Nobody takes that. I can feel the sweat from here.

This is why you shouldnt go against 4 man premades.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

Yes, I did see the builds. How different are those builds from a forever Freddy build with an Ebony Mori? Again, I point to the fact that focusing on the objective is the point of the game for both sides. You can't complain about a gen build and then support a similar killer build. We like to claim the survivor has every chance to win vs a forever Freddy build with an Ebony Mori, then the same must be true for these builds.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    edited July 2020

Even tho they have genrush build. 28k you can't get that only by doing gens. They probably healed/save a tons. When i rush the gen im lucky if i get more than 15k

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

Considering the end screen, you got a kill, and everyone earned a decent amount of bloodpoints, im fairly certain the match was completely fine. Hell, even the guy you killed had good bloodpoints. I'm fairly certain it wasn't just the "gen speed" that made you "lose".

There entire builds are centred around completing gens quickly, so its not a surprise that gens where done quickly. Goes to show the match was pretty fair, and very close

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Amen

Infact, it's the ONLY thing that does make me actually camp the hook. Cba to spend another 5 minutes trying to catch Torvill and Dean

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

The vast majority of the games maps are simply too large for an M1 killer to properly apply as much pressure as he needs to against good survivors. Map size is quite an issue.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Oh yes, when every m1 killer has to rely on survivors' mistake to be able to do anything it's okay, but when survivors have to rely on killer's mistakes it's a big nono

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

I got trough the comments and I heavily doubt it was a swf, unless they didn't had a Vchat, I have no idea why they would run Bond over a better swf oriented perk.

• NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Member Posts: 10

Eh, idk. I mean wraith has plenty of mobility with windstorm. Demo has his portals. Trapper just stays in one part of the map all game (or he should).

Ghostface should be getting instant downs for pressure and not played like wraith (which it looks like this guy is doing, with that build).

Pretty much the only M1 killers who struggle with map sizes would be pig, myers. Myers can wipe out 2-3 people in a single EW tier 3 though. Pig is just the worst killer so if you are going into red rank matches without corrupt on her that's kind of your own fault.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Trapper isn't a chase killer, he doesn't work like GF