Bring back the old 4.3 seconds time to pick up a survivor and increase the time to do generators.

zRespawnxD
zRespawnxD Member Posts: 7
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think that the old time to pick up a survivor should be brought back because flashlight saves are now almost impossible to do and can counter by so many things such as lightborn, fire up, looking at a wall, and even being so difficult to do it's so risky because literally need to stay in front of the killer before he picks up a survivor to flashlight save and the if the killer knows that someone is trying to flashlight save the survivor will never get the save and he could also get downed. I do play as both killer and survivor equally and I want both to be balanced and fun to play but I think that reducing the the time that takes to pick up a survivor was not a good choice because flashlight saves and the time was not a problem of the game. The real problem of the game is generators and I think that the time that takes to complete a generator should be increased from 80 seconds to at least 100 or 120 seconds because that would really would balance the game more.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Increase gentime from 80 to 120 seconds and I will take that old pickup animation any time :wink:

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

I've got blinded 9 times the past few days while picking up a survivor, flashlight saves are still VERY possible.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you still have more than enough time to get your flashlight save, you just gotta learn the new timing.
    but instead of learning the mechanics, lets just complain on the forum, right?
    gosh im sick of threats like this one .-.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Flashlight saves are still possible, you just got to adapt to the new pickup time.
  • Master

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Definitely not hard like you say it is. Flashlight saves are so easy to do that killers need to be facing a wall or tree when picking up a survivor to avoid the beam. It’s fine where it is, and you guys just body block hook and sandbag save anyways. 

You survivors don't need anymore power, get better. 

Are you insane?
    A survivor once wants to increase gen time and you block him? Who cares about a slightly longer pickup animation, just slugg them.
    80sec to 120 sec would be an insane change for killers

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Master said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Definitely not hard like you say it is. Flashlight saves are so easy to do that killers need to be facing a wall or tree when picking up a survivor to avoid the beam. It’s fine where it is, and you guys just body block hook and sandbag save anyways. 

Are you insane?
    A survivor once wants to increase gen time and you block him? Who cares about a slightly longer pickup animation, just slugg them.

What are you even talking about my guy? I didn’t block anyone, I’m not suggesting change I AM AGAINST IT. My head is hurting. 
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2018

No to your suggestion on pick up times and increasing gen times. With the old 4.3 second pickup it was just to damn easy to score a flashlight save. You could park your ass in a safe spot and just sprint burst out of the wood works and hit the killer with your laser beam. It was to much of a window and made playing against high rank survivors frustrating. It is not fun as the killer to easily lose your well earned catch. With the shortened pickup animation the flashlight user has to expose themselves to much more risk if they want to pull off the save making flashlight saves a much more clutch event rather than a consistent means of denying the killer his hook.

To your second suggestion on gen times the killer inside of me says yes but my rational side says no. Simply increasing gen times is not a good idea. Holding m1 for 80 seconds is already incredibly boring. Holding it for 2 minutes for each gen would test my patience. No doubt the games need to go slower but it needs to be done in a fun, interactive way so that both parties enjoy the trial not just one.

In effect both of your suggestions are not supportive of a fun experience for both survivor or killer. Killers hate losing their prey to bullshit flashlight saves and survivors hate how tedious gens feel. You are looking at this from the lens of a balanced game for both parties and i respect that but simple tweaks in values will not get us there.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Simply no, neither idea will be helpful and flashlight saves are still possible. The killers needed the faster pickup animation. As far as increasing gen times that's never going to happen since as has been stated holding M1 is already super boring.

But hunting parts and or gas would be a really interesting way of spicing things up. The gas could be in certain areas only and the killer could go check the fuel dumps so to speak.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Master said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Are you insane?

Oh nevermind I’m stupid. A lot of console folks do that. 
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Flashlight saves are one of the few survivor things that require genuine skill and timing. Pre-faster pickup, it was too easy to get. You had so much time to get from your hiding place into position for it, now it's risky but pays off if you can get it. I'm not great at getting FL saves because of the timing but if even I can get them this patch, you just need to git gud. An extra 40 seconds on gens will just make an ordinarily mundane task so much more boring.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Nope. Flashlight saves are still very much possible, you just need to be more careful with your positioning before the survivor is picked up. It's really just a matter of "git gud"

• Master

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Master said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Are you insane?

What are you even talking about my guy? I didn’t block anyone, I’m not suggesting change I AM AGAINST IT. My head is hurting. 

How can you be against a change that makes repairing gens 50% slower?
    Or maybe you are a survivor, nvm^^

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330

@powerbats said:
    Simply no, neither idea will be helpful and flashlight saves are still possible. The killers needed the faster pickup animation. As far as increasing gen times that's never going to happen since as has been stated holding M1 is already super boring.

But hunting parts and or gas would be a really interesting way of spicing things up. The gas could be in certain areas only and the killer could go check the fuel dumps so to speak.

i also had an idea to add an added objective so the killers are sacrificing survivors to the entity so why not put a sacrificial altar that requires all 4 survivors to work together on it and if successful they recieve an offering of any random rarity, gives more depth could be a way to slow gen rushing and gives more incentive for survivors to work together.as a team.

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

the pickup animation looks ridiculous and unrealistic,it was a bad choice to change it,but well,they changed kate denson voice to a worse one so.