The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

60 Second Generator Completion Cooldown Period

By stopping survivors from knocking out multiple generators too quickly, which by the way, isn’t fair to the killer, as there are 8 generators that spawn, and patrolling them and chasing survivors takes all the time the survivors need to rush the generators and knock them out simultaneously. 

By adding a 60 second cooldown period, survivors will not be able to repair generators past 50% until the cooldown period expires. The cooldown will activate upon generator completion, of two generators are completed at the same time, the cooldown period will extend to 120 seconds, and so on and so forth. This way, the killer has a guaranteed 5 minutes minimum to try and get some kills. 

Comments

• BasementLeatherBoi
    BasementLeatherBoi Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2018

This idea seems strangely familiar to me... I totally think this idea could work as a temporary fix to the gen rush problem. At least until some better secondary objectives are added.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BasementLeatherBoi said:
    This idea seems strangely familiar to me... I totally think this idea could work as a temporary fix to the gen rush problem. At least until some better secondary objectives are added.

temporary fix to genrush is to up all gentime by X seconds or build in ruin.

That idea is very artificial and im not sure whether Id ilke that as survivor

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

@BasementLeatherBoi said:

temporary fix to genrush is to up all gentime by X seconds or build in ruin.

That idea is very artificial and im not sure whether Id ilke that as survivor

Agreed and the devs have already stated they're not going to add more time basewise since holding M1 (PC) for 80 seconds is tedious enough. I've toyed with the idea of a built in Ruin aka power of the entity if gens start gong to fast. It could even be a power of the entity at the start of the match that decays in power overtime.

You'd still have to use Ruin but it'd become a regular perk instead and still give the normal Ruin effect. But over time it'd start to weaken in power so at say 5 minutes it'd wear off. That or at 5 minutes only 1 survivor would be affected by it etc.

One thing you could add to it is an exceptional skill check window that if hit grants 15 instant progress on gen completion. The window would be super tiny and missing it would not only blow up but reset all progress you've done individually back to zero.

The explosion notification would also be much louder and brighter as a penalty for being greedy and missing it. The exceptional skill check would be past the other 2 skill check windows so you could go for it and miss and hit the other one just in case.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Ah yes, because doing absolutely ######### all as a Survivor for 60 seconds after every damn Gen is going to be riveting game play, right?

It'll be pretty damn boring as a Killer too. Ever had a match that comes down to just 1 person left and they just hide for ages instead of making a play for the Hatch or a Gen? Yeah, every minute after every Gen is going to be just that. Wandering around the map and hoping you find someone, which is tough when they aren't likely to be around the objectives.

• Master

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    Ah yes, because doing absolutely [BAD WORD] all as a Survivor for 60 seconds after every damn Gen is going to be riveting game play, right?

It'll be pretty damn boring as a Killer too. Ever had a match that comes down to just 1 person left and they just hide for ages instead of making a play for the Hatch or a Gen? Yeah, every minute after every Gen is going to be just that. Wandering around the map and hoping you find someone, which is tough when they aren't likely to be around the objectives.

whispers will become meta if such a mechanic is implemented and will solve that problem, no worries

• powerbats

@Master said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    Ah yes, because doing absolutely [BAD WORD] all as a Survivor for 60 seconds after every damn Gen is going to be riveting game play, right?

whispers will become meta if such a mechanic is implemented and will solve that problem, no worries

Then aura hindering perks for the other side and spine chill etc so it'll be a game of who can delay the longest.

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

Then aura hindering perks for the other side and spine chill etc so it'll be a game of who can delay the longest.

Whispers is not an aura reading perk.

But honestly, I would love to play such a game instead of the nascar sim at the moment.
    Back in the days when i started playing DBD survivors were a lot more stealthy, games took longer and it was more fun overall.
    But thats only my opinion, I guess some prefer that runing in circles while under time pressure

• powerbats

@Master said:

But honestly, I would love to play such a game instead of the nascar sim at the moment.
    Back in the days when i started playing DBD survivors were a lot more stealthy, games took longer and it was more fun overall.
    But thats only my opinion, I guess some prefer that runing in circles while under time pressure

I've always said I'd prefer a more stealthy style of gameplay since i prefer that, especially for a horror esque game. But that requires a major map rework as well as perks/items and addons which has to wait for a code rewrite.

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

I've always said I'd prefer a more stealthy style of gameplay since i prefer that, especially for a horror esque game. But that requires a major map rework as well as perks/items and addons which has to wait for a code rewrite.

Actually its quite easy, they just have to rework the maps as they promise for years now.
    Once the survivor cant run in circles for ages anymore, they will have to rely on stealth.

Not thtat this is ever gonna happen though....

• powerbats

@Master said:

=

Actually its quite easy, they just have to rework the maps as they promise for years now.
    Once the survivor cant run in circles for ages anymore, they will have to rely on stealth.

That's not really true since currently the perks are all based upon current map designs etc. If you change the balance of what's at the base you have to change everything above it. They've already said before they're not going to do a major rework like that until they write the new code.

That probably won't be until sometime middle of next year most likely given that it's not in the current roadmap. But it is something they'er working on but given the amount of code they'll probably have to write to also make it console compatible. You're probably looking at Summer chapter 12 time frame.

• Master

@powerbats said:

> @Master said:

That's not really true since currently the perks are all based upon current map designs etc. If you change the balance of what's at the base you have to change everything above it. They've already said before they're not going to do a major rework like that until they write the new code.

That probably won't be until sometime middle of next year most likely given that it's not in the current roadmap. But it is something they'er working on but given the amount of code they'll probably have to write to also make it console compatible. You're probably looking at Summer chapter 12 time frame.

Yeah yeah major rework until they are finished with the new code.
    Forgive me, but I am highly sceptical that this will ever happen.

They only keep adding more DLCs towards their spaghetti code :lol:

• powerbats

@Master said:

Yeah yeah major rework until they are finished with the new code.
    Forgive me, but I am highly sceptical that this will ever happen.

They only keep adding more DLCs towards their spaghetti code :lol:

Because it's easier to add a small bit to the code instead of writing a major new code. But of course if you were a coder or understood how much goes into gaming code these days you'd not say that. Besides which teh dlc brings in more venue which allows them to hire more and put more resources into other things.

If you know so much about coding or anything game development related then perhaps you should apply, they've got lots of job openings atm. Oh and i'm being totally serious about this, anyone on here that has the skills apply.

• Zaije
    Zaije Member Posts: 38
    This would buff camping knowing survivors can't work on gens.
  • theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

It would fix the game lenght problem just like bloodlust fixed loops.
    Band aid.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455

That sounds awful, both as a killer and as a survivor. How you spread out and complete gens is a pretty huge part of the strategic element as a survivor. There would be no incentive to not just 3-4 man stack a generator. As a killer there would be 60 seconds of zero urgency because the survivors would have nothing else to do. I'm not saying it would make killer "easy mode", just not the direction I'd like to see them going in. 60 seconds of knowing the survivors are doing nothing but hiding doesn't sound very thrilling to me.