If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Technician Perk

Options

I feel like this perk in particular has the potential to be a viable option as a survivor but where it stands currently, it's too situational. These are strictly suggestions only. :)

My suggestions for this perk would be to either:

• Make the perk prevent explosions more often.
  • Make the hearing distance stronger or even completely unnoticeable.
  • Make this perk impact all skill checks.

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

This perk is fine honestly.

It's just outclass by the survivors meta. It's a very useful stealth based perk.

• MusicianDavid
    MusicianDavid Member Posts: 34
    Options

That's true. I wonder what percentage of survivors run Self-Care. :)

• Mc_Harty
    edited May 2018
    Options

@MusicianDavid said:
    That's true. I wonder what percentage of survivors run Self-Care. :)

Devs did a statistical analysis of the perk where it suggest that it was picked 21% of the time.

Keep in mind, that's a high number considering you can only use one perk for one perk slot. It's the most popular perk across all platforms, all ranks.

• MusicianDavid
    Options

Would it be game-breaking if they made it a default? (Self-Care was built in to every survivor).

• Mc_Harty
    Options

@MusicianDavid said:
    Would it be game-breaking if they made it a default? (Self-Care was built in to every survivor).

Yes, because killers would be even worse balance wise.

• MusicianDavid
    Options

True but they could implement a nerfed version. I don't know what it would be. Maybe healing yourself without a medkit would result in a status effect such as exhaustion. I don't know but there must be a way it could work. :)

• Mc_Harty
    Options

@MusicianDavid said:
    True but they could implement a nerfed version. I don't know what it would be. Maybe healing yourself without a medkit would result in a status effect such as exhaustion. I don't know but there must be a way it could work. :)

That's... actually not a bad idea.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@MusicianDavid said:

I don't think giving self care to every survivor will be a good idea even with an exhaustion addition like that. I'd rather see overused perks like SC get hit slightly with a nerf but not so much to destroy the perk, while buffing all of the other perks Survivors choose not to use.

It's a case of Dominant Strategy, the top level stuff is so good there isn't much reason to use anything else.

I actually like perks like Stake Out, because it does a pretty good job of countering one of the top Killer perks, Ruin.

• MusicianDavid
    Options

Yeah, there are a lot of perks that are abandoned because of perks like Self-Care.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

As a killer, I can tell you one thing :
    This perk is pretty underrated.
    When you patrol gens, you very rarely go under 8 meters to check if a survivor is on it. You usually linger around and if you don't hear the sound, you gtfo (unless the gen had no progress before).

Against quick roamers such as billy and such, it's actually pretty good to have around.