Evader Emblem (Survivor)

Options

Before the PTB, the Evader Emblem seemed too hard to obtain. In the PTB, it feels like it's too easy. I think Lightbringer and Evader need to be made slightly harder to obtain but not much :)

Thoughts?

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Players complained that they weren't enough survivors at high ranks when the emblem system dropped. It's was adjust so players might not wait 10 minutes for a 5 minute match.

Its not so much a balance issue but a matchmaking one.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

All they needed to do was buff stealth points a little bit, they didn't need to change the Evader emblem too much.

Although Lightbringer needed some adjusting.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    All they needed to do was buff stealth points a little bit, they didn't need to change the Evader emblem too much.

Did it ?
    I used to have gold/Iri every rounds tbh.

Doesn't matter much as long as I get more survivors to kill at high ranks tbh.

Survivors are the ones that need to complain about these changes if they feel like it, since the matchmaking will allow to match them with survivors that aren't as good as the previous ones.

As a killer main, I don't mind that update at all.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Did it ?

Survivors are the ones that need to complain about these changes if they feel like it, since the matchmaking will allow to match them with survivors that aren't as good as the previous ones.

I mean I didnt personally have an issue with Lightbringer other than the splittage of points when you coop a generator. I've mentioned in the past I have slight issues with Lightbringer, Benevolence, and Evader.

Perhaps this new system will be better for the general populace as well as high rank. They just to find a good medium, where high rank isn't a desert and low rank is congested, and one where high rank isn't plagued by low tier players and low rank is filled with pros and tryhards.

• Runiver
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Did it ?

I mean I didnt personally have an issue with Lightbringer other than the splittage of points when you coop a generator. I've mentioned in the past I have slight issues with Lightbringer, Benevolence, and Evader.

Perhaps this new system will be better for the general populace as well as high rank. They just to find a good medium, where high rank isn't a desert and low rank is congested, and one where high rank isn't plagued by low tier players and low rank is filled with pros and tryhards.

We'll see.
    In either case, I don't mind.
    I actually liked the fact that the points were split for repairing as 2 people on gens, because I like the fact that survivors are kinda in "competition", as it is kinda the spirit of the base game (Having 4 cooperatives using each others to get to their goals).
    I'd actually like Hexes to buff the one that destroys them for example, and debuff the others. Now that would be hilarious, but I'm not sure if people are ready for that.
    Just imagine :
    You break Hex : Ruin.
    You get a 30% bonus in repair speed.
    All 3 other survivors get a 10% malus.

it forces you to be sneaky when you destroy the totem so the killer won't tunnel you to get that advantage away.
    It makes people to want to fight to break it, and actively look for it, rather than powering through simply.

Now that would be kinda fun. At least to me, but I guess it's debatable.

• MusicianDavid
    MusicianDavid Member Posts: 34
    Options

Iridescent is supposed to be a rare/difficult emblem to achieve though. Getting iridescent for doing 2/3 gens isn't really appropriate imo.

• MusicianDavid
    Options

30% bonus. WOAH. That sounds evil and incredibly OP lol.

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Did it ?

We'll see.
    In either case, I don't mind.
    I actually liked the fact that the points were split for repairing as 2 people on gens, because I like the fact that survivors are kinda in "competition", as it is kinda the spirit of the base game (Having 4 cooperatives using each others to get to their goals).
    I'd actually like Hexes to buff the one that destroys them for example, and debuff the others. Now that would be hilarious, but I'm not sure if people are ready for that.
    Just imagine :

it forces you to be sneaky when you destroy the totem so the killer won't tunnel you to get that advantage away.
    It makes people to want to fight to break it, and actively look for it, rather than powering through simply.

Now that would be kinda fun. At least to me, but I guess it's debatable.

I only dislike the splittage of points because everyone shouts the game is a "team game." Well working with your team shouldn't punish you, but I also fully understand the concept of each Survivor should only care about themselves at the end of the day.

I mean they made it easier to get LB scores so splitting with teammates isn't as bad anymore, especially when gens are your main objective.

Oh the whole Hex curse thing? I'd rather the cleanser be afflicted with the downsides in exchange for freeing their team of the curse. You could have a designated "curse bearer."

• Runiver
    Options

@MusicianDavid said:

30% bonus. WOAH. That sounds evil and incredibly OP lol.

And definitely risky for your ass as well if the killer figures it out.

@MusicianDavid said:
    Iridescent is supposed to be a rare/difficult emblem to achieve though. Getting iridescent for doing 2/3 gens isn't really appropriate imo.

I sorta agree.
    310 points was kinda accurate for Iri imo.
    270 is getting close to kinda easy.
    270 is 2 full gens (200), 1 door (15), 5 gens repaired total (not only by you, 25 points)
    The count is already at 235, which got you pretty close to Iri by basically doing some average job of a survivor not in a chase.

• MusicianDavid
    Options

Oh the whole Hex curse thing? I'd rather the cleanser be afflicted with the downsides in exchange for freeing their team of the curse. You could have a designated "curse bearer."

This is interesting. Indirect buff to hex perks. What kind of afflictions would this have? Any ideas?

• MusicianDavid
    Options

I sorta agree.
    270 is 2 full gens (200), 1 door (15), 5 gens repaired total (not only by you, 25 points)
    The count is already at 235, which got you pretty close to Iri by basically doing some average job of a survivor not in a chase.

Couldn't remember the actual values but iridescent LB emblem should be like 3.5 gens or something close.

• Runiver
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

I heavily disagree.
    As I said, this is the total opposite of the spirit of the game in my opinion.
    Even if, logic-wise, it would be better, the game isn't about sacrificing yourself for other players, but rather the opposite. In that regard, being BUFFED but CURSING others is more logical, at least in my eyes.

@MusicianDavid said:

I sorta agree.

Couldn't remember the actual values but iridescent LB emblem should be like 3.5 gens or something close.

It used to be 310 points, so basically, 40% of a gen extra (or more hex totems)

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I heavily disagree.
    Even if, logic-wise, it would be better, the game isn't about sacrificing yourself for other players, but rather the opposite. In that regard, being BUFFED but CURSING others is more logical, at least in my eyes.

@MusicianDavid said:

I sorta agree.

Part of the game is about sacrificing yourself for the team if you choose to do so. That is the pure definition of Altruism, sacrificing oneself. You are Benevolent by taking on the curse for everyone else. It's a trade-off, a gamble. Hell you could even make unique perks for the "curse bearer" to give them buffs when afflicted by a Curse.

• Runiver
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I heavily disagree.

@MusicianDavid said:

I sorta agree.

Part of the game is about sacrificing yourself for the team if you choose to do so. That is the pure definition of Altruism, sacrificing oneself. You are Benevolent by taking on the curse for everyone else. It's a trade-off, a gamble. Hell you could even make unique perks for the "curse bearer" to give them buffs when afflicted by a Curse.

I mostly see it like it :
    Others are ressources for you to be able to escape. You get rewarded for altruism, sure, but you are altruist mostly because you are forced to be altruist if you do not want to lose your teammates too quickly.
    Once you don't need them, they're disposable.

At least that's how I play survivor. Once the gates are opened, and I have a slight risk to get killed for wanting to help, I just leave instantly.
    "Not mah business anymore"

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I heavily disagree.

@MusicianDavid said:

I sorta agree.

Others are ressources for you to be able to escape. You get rewarded for altruism, sure, but you are altruist mostly because you are forced to be altruist if you do not want to lose your teammates too quickly.

At least that's how I play survivor. Once the gates are opened, and I have a slight risk to get killed for wanting to help, I just leave instantly.

And that's my point. You take on the Curse for your team that is getting bodied by Ruin or Devour Hope in order for the game to keep going, not because you need to help your team, but because you need them to remain effective to continue the match. Personally, I don't need my team at all and I have no problems opting to ignore people on the hook.

Plus this would be a buff to Hex perks in a way, but so would your version of it. I just prefer mine because if you make Curse Bearing related perks, you can create a whole new gameplay mechanic and style for the Survivors, which is always a good thing. Less people using DS and SC the better. But the Curse Bearing perks would need to be worth it, because possibly getting afflicted with Devour Hope for the rest of the game better have some kind of massive upside with it.

• Runiver
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I heavily disagree.

@MusicianDavid said:

I sorta agree.

And that's my point. You take on the Curse for your team that is getting bodied by Ruin or Devour Hope in order for the game to keep going, not because you need to help your team, but because you need them to remain effective to continue the match. Personally, I don't need my team at all and I have no problems opting to ignore people on the hook.

Plus this would be a buff to Hex perks in a way, but so would your version of it. I just prefer mine because if you make Curse Bearing related perks, you can create a whole new gameplay mechanic and style for the Survivors, which is always a good thing. Less people using DS and SC the better. But the Curse Bearing perks would need to be worth it, because possibly getting afflicted with Devour Hope for the rest of the game better have some kind of massive upside with it.

Still doesn't fit the spirit of the game imo.

My version was also a buff, possibly a bigger one, since it would make people to sprint around the map early to find it first, and then to take the risk to break it themselves to get the buff. You would know who to get and who to kill if you wanted an advantage.

A curse related perk sounds rather situational, and sounds like a good way to get mad at your teammates that kills your perk slots by spawning 5 meters away from a totem :D

In any case, we're getting quite off the topic of this thread lol.

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I heavily disagree.

@MusicianDavid said:

I sorta agree.

Still doesn't fit the spirit of the game imo.

My version was also a buff, possibly a bigger one, since it would make people to sprint around the map early to find it first, and then to take the risk to break it themselves to get the buff. You would know who to get and who to kill if you wanted an advantage.

A curse related perk sounds rather situational, and sounds like a good way to get mad at your teammates that kills your perk slots by spawning 5 meters away from a totem :D

In any case, we're getting quite off the topic of this thread lol.

True enough. I'll make a separate one where we can discuss this.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@MusicianDavid said:
    Before the PTB, the Evader Emblem seemed too hard to obtain. In the PTB, it feels like it's too easy. I think Lightbringer and Evader need to be made slightly harder to obtain but not much :)

Thoughts?

Agreed, you can double pip in the PTB even without tryharding,

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2018
    Options

Did the devs really make emblems easier for all the whiners?

I swear these devs have balls of lint.

• weirdkid5
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

Agreed, they made it way too easy to double pip.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

Agreed, they made it way too easy to double pip.

I swear, next the pallet vaccuums will be stealth buffed back in within a month or two if not a week.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    The only problem I see with "Light Bringer" is that when you work as a team, you get punished for helping each other for repairing generators because points are split between each survivor. So my suggestion is to reward survivors that repaired generators together more Light Bringer points so it's not pointless when there's 4 survivors on a generator. For every second you are repairing a generator with 1 or more survivors, you get additional points?
  • Runiver
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    The only problem I see with "Light Bringer" is that when you work as a team, you get punished for helping each other for repairing generators because points are split between each survivor. So my suggestion is to reward survivors that repaired generators together more Light Bringer points so it's not pointless when there's 4 survivors on a generator. For every second you are repairing a generator with 1 or more survivors, you get additional points?

I disagree, for several reasons.
    The first one being simple : by allowing people to get points by repairing as multiple survivors, you actually penalize people not being able to do so. Just imagine this scenarios :
    The game starts. 2 survivors spawns together and start repairing. 1 survivor spawns alone, and starts repairing. The last one is getting chased by the killer.
    The 2 survivors complete the gen, and get to the next one.
    By the time the first survivor complete his gen, the 2 survivors are about halfway on another gen.
    What happened ?
    Basically, spawning solo proved to be less rewarding for the survivor, even tho he did the EXACT SAME JOB (if not more) than the other two, since he spent the exact same time (if not more) on gens.

The second reason is simple : it doesn't fit the concept of this game. The concept is 4 survivors trying to survive, even at the expensive of others. You can, obviously chose to be altruist and take risks and "sacrifice", but the concept of getting more for being together is nowhere to be found.

The third reason is rather practical : it's sorta easy enough to get emblems in repairs, especially in the PTB. And pumping up the numbers would just destroy players spawning solo or wanting to play solo.

The fourth reason is competitiveness : The current systems promotes repairing AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. Not to get stolen by others, and to spend as much time as possible on the gen by yourself.
    Repairing solo is actually a very efficient way to repair gens in this game, since you get downsides for repairing as multiple players (repair maluses, as well as the possibility for the killer to distrupt SEVERAL survivors at once), so this is actually a good way to make the game MORE COMPETITIVELY ACCURATE to just leave it the way it is right now.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@Nickenzie said:

That's just saying you want matches to last less than 2 minutes when all survivors just gun the gens and bam, exit gates open.

• NMCKE
    Options

That's just saying you want matches to last less than 2 minutes when all survivors just gun the gens and bam, exit gates open.

@AlexAnarchy I'm not saying that at all, I never said "I want matches to last less than 2 minutes when all survivors just gun the gens and bam, exit gates open." Please just hear me out, I'm just thinking that if every survivor was to work on generators together (let's assume it's SWF and they all completed 5 generators together), it would be very difficult to get a gold/iridescent because points are split evenly between them all. I just think it's just odd that survivors are supposed to be a team yet they don't get some kind of bonus for repairing generators as a team. I don't want the points to be high, just a small amount where you are encouraged to work together. I'll repeat myself to make my point more clear, if you 0 to 100% a generator with 1/2/3 survivor(s), maybe 5/10/15 more points to Light Bringer? Isn't that the point of the game is to work together?

I'll do the math as well, iridescent Light Bringer is 270. If you 0 to 100% every generator with 3 survivors, then 25+25+25+25+25 is 125. Now with the slight teamwork bonus with Light Bringer would add, 15+15+15+15+15+125 = 200, that's exactly gold for Light Bringer. Yes I know this seems like a lot but that's if EVERYTHING is perfect which is unlikely to happen.

Again, don't assume and give me constructive feedback because it's why I came to the forums.
  • AlexAnarchy
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    AlexAnarchy said:

@AlexAnarchy I'm not saying that at all, I never said "I want matches to last less than 2 minutes when all survivors just gun the gens and bam, exit gates open." Please just hear me out, I'm just thinking that if every survivor was to work on generators together (let's assume it's SWF and they all completed 5 generators together), it would be very difficult to get a gold/iridescent because points are split evenly between them all. I just think it's just odd that survivors are supposed to be a team yet they don't get some kind of bonus for repairing generators as a team. I don't want the points to be high, just a small amount where you are encouraged to work together. I'll repeat myself to make my point more clear, if you 0 to 100% a generator with 1/2/3 survivor(s), maybe 5/10/15 more points to Light Bringer? Isn't that the point of the game is to work together?

I'll do the math as well, iridescent Light Bringer is 270. If you 0 to 100% every generator with 3 survivors, then 25+25+25+25+25 is 125. Now with the slight teamwork bonus with Light Bringer would add, 15+15+15+15+15+125 = 200, that's exactly gold for Light Bringer. Yes I know this seems like a lot but that's if EVERYTHING is perfect which is unlikely to happen.

Again, don't assume and give me constructive feedback because it's why I came to the forums.

But you know that's exactly what will happen. Rounds end in less than two minutes.

• NMCKE
    Options
    AlexAnarchy said:

But you know that's exactly what will happen. Rounds end in less than two minutes.

@AlexAnarchy  I wouldn't say 2 minutes but rounds end around 5 minutes and sometimes more depending on how effective Ruin is. Nevertheless how would buffing Light Bringer make generator progression faster? Yeah my idea would encourage multiple survivors to work on a generator more but survivors can also do the same thing in the live servers by working on generators together. It's a give or take and my suggestion on Light Bringer doesn't really give that many points for working together. Take some time to think about it, really it's not much of a change. If you want the math again then look at my previous post.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

It doesn’t matter how easy it is the get the emblem if you were dedicated. It needed to be easier because survivors could SMURF new killers WITHOUT DOING DEDICATED DE-RANK MATCHES. Simply put. It was too hard to pip, whilst doing good. Example: distracting the killer for 5 gens = no pip. But that means you were WAY better than them, and should fight better killers...but you didn’t. See the problem before the PTB?

• weirdkid5
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Nickenzie said:
    AlexAnarchy said:

Actually games only last 2 minutes when all the survivors are on separate gens.

One guy being chased and 3 others all on different gens means 3 gens finished in a minute and 20 seconds, last 2 pop another minute and a half later

Not only does the game go SLOWER when you work with teammates, but it also makes you get less points. Essentially the game actually punishes you for using teamwork and attempting to make the game last longer. All Survivors focusing the same gens will make the game go much slower, around 5 to 6 minutes if the Killer patrols well. The only benefit from working with teammates is if you REALLY need to finish the last gen or you want more bloodpoints.