Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

Comments

• Tibby87
    Tibby87 Member Posts: 44

I think it is what it is at this point. Doubt anything will be done.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

It's weekend.. Let's just keep the post on first page for now... On Monday we go back to that

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

21 Haa they said it couldn't be done but here we are still saying please fix our frame rates 🐷🙏

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

it can always worsen.

Maybe it's just an endurance test, the last active console player will eventually get a 200,000 bloodpoints gift! Oh, I'll be the one laughing when I'll win the prize, eheheh.

eh.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,751

TydeTyme played a round or two as killer (Hag maybe?) back before he abandoned DBD on console. I seem to remember him summarize it up as "both gross and disgusting!" compared to on a PC.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

It will be mine.. If not I will see you hopefully in the fog and you'll know its me because of how positive and crazy I am. But regardless it will be mine my precious.. We will meet someday when those give up and it will be glorious.. But at low frame quality lol my apologies.

🐖

• JPLongstreet

The three of us. Queued up. Watching the campfire flicker at 3fps. Waiting for a fourth to join. Waiting... always waiting...

• M594
    M594 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2020

Turn your console off:

-Keep holding the turn on button till you hear 2 beeps of the Ps4, release on the second beep.

-Connect your controller through the USB cable.

-Set the resolution to 720 and then do the process again to select rebuild database.

On topic: Frame drops are also occurring on dbd loading screen, lobbies, load out. 🤐

• oooK3NJ1ooo
    oooK3NJ1ooo Member Posts: 81

Push

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    edited August 2020

You can also do it a bit easier:

Go to settings -> sound and screen -> video output settings -> resolution.

Post edited by Stinde on
  • Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688

I dusted off my 5 year old laptop and installed DBD on it last night out of curiosity more than anything. I was doubtful DBD would run well as the laptop did not meet the minimum specs but guess what... I got better framerate than the PlayStation 4, there was the occasional hiccup here and there but nothing worse than the console version.

To put it simply, i think the console versions of DBD are really bad ports and I don't think any patch will fix the issues we are facing.

I hope cross-progression comes to all current gen consoles at some point so I can make the permanent switch to PC.

• JPLongstreet

Must. Comment. 20. Page. Thread.

In other news, Console frames have been the drizzlin shyts since the last two patches came out.

• JPLongstreet
  • Triangle_Head_Main
    Triangle_Head_Main Member Posts: 18
  • JPLongstreet

Killing is all but impossible on console right now, but I feel the frame drops as survivor as well. Rough playing either side atm.

In what insane existence is our play experience supposed to be equal to a PCer? Not even close.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Oh no. This is on page. We gonna not.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    edited August 2020

Survivors are using indoor maps offerings.....

How pitty must someone be to force a map that is completely unplayable for the other side.

• Tibby87

Bump

• DurkaDurka
    DurkaDurka Member Posts: 29

As of this writing, the thread had fallen to the first post of the second page. Too far down in my book. Would love to see some resources used on improving the really rough frame rate performance. Anyone know if dbd will actually run better on the PS5 or new Xbox when they come out?

• Tibby87

I would hope it would run 60 fps no problem, but I wouldn't count on it. I remember reading an article a while back that said they would have enhancements for dbd on the xbox one x and that never happened.

• oooK3NJ1ooo
    oooK3NJ1ooo Member Posts: 81

I guess it is time for metacriti reviews because not responding for such a long time is really not the way to treat paying fans and customers.

• Stinde

Yes the aim dressing is so annoying and unfair. What makes it even more annoying is when the survivor is so bad at pathing and looping that they would go down in 15 seconds or so but because they know how to exploit the aim dressing they get undeserved second chances every game. The FPS makes that even worse.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

at least now these kind of console players are getting demolished against pc killers.

..I hate survivors. 🥕

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Bump cause this is getting ridiculous.

I know pc players are the majority of the playerbase but theres enough players on consoles to move forward with this fps update.

FPS should have been fixed before crossplay.

Stop buying cosmetics and aura cells. They have no reason to fix anything if we just keep giving them our money anyway.

The devs prioritize the wrong things to get fixed first and the more time you spend on this fourm and playing DBD, you really start to realize that if there not making money off it then trust me its not even being thought about.

They probably have a monthly meeting where they discuss this fps issue and this is how i think it goes

"Hey john the consoles players are still complaining about the FPS optimization we promised them over a year ago and never delivered"

"Hey bob how much we do in sales in cosmetics on consoles this month?"

"Well john, the amateur consoles players are just eating up all the new stuff we released, profits are looking good this month"

*laughs* "stupid console players will never understand"

"Just have a mod go post in the fourms that were still working on it, its worked this far lets just keep it going"

"Hey bob hows that new skin coming along for the new killer?... Yeah?... Make sure we bump up the price to $20 for this legendary skin."

"You sure there going to pay more for this skin than they did for the whole game? Of course there going to pay it!

"Make the new legendary skin top priority! Cya next month"

Bump # 6

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Aight found a minor cause for some low frame games on console. This'll help a bit.

Characters that have dripping effects such as the hallowed blight skins make frames drop. I would recommend taking off charms and cosmetics that have this effect. As well as this ive found that bright cosmetics (not bright colours, like a glowing effect with the tier 70 charms) also hinder the frames a bit. I just wouldn't use any hallowed blight things.

This would also explain why Demo's frames are so low, with the constant dripping effect of saliva in his mouth.

For all console nurses out there, do not use the jack O lantern head piece, my friend tested that head and he was having horrible frames due to the effect it spawns.

• Stinde

Except a majority of those who abuse the aim dressing the most have turned crossplay off just for that reason. Some just cannot win without abusing a flawed game mechanic.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I'm sure he'll have a load of cosmetics which make things even worse

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

goodluck with that but really hope something done soon.

• Ryuzaki
    edited August 2020

This is a great comment, I agree with everything you have said.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

I appreciate it man, if nothing else at least it's nice to know others are just as bothered by this negligence, sometimes I feel like I'll just be screaming into the void here

• Ryuzaki

You're welcome. I wouldn't be surprised if someone files a lawsuit at some point.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Don't know if it's the frame rate, or the servers being terrible, but I've had so many instances in the past couple days where the lag is unreal. I'll be perfectly fine playing then boom, the game is basically a wallpaper. Don't have this issue with any other game so obviously it isn't an issue on my end

This discussion has been closed.