BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

Options

Comments

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Quick question to ask, how is everyone coping with PC players on much better frames?

I'm on PS4, even on my frames they spin so smoothly, it's been pretty hard to hit them. Ive barely missed any swings despite that tho.

Versed some really good nurses.

Having to insta DC on Lerys and having to restart app every 2 games (i play slinger, very frame reliant).

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

In my experience PC players don’t juke very well, or at the very least they turn more β€œsmoothly”, however they gen rush as if their life depends on it and they loop extremely optimally. The gen rush is the real problem though, for me.

i talk about it here

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,454
    Options

I found it impossible to kill with Crossplay on. The frame drops when I hit bloodlust or applied sloppy and the like were bad. Everything became worse on indoor maps, especially Lery's.

Was less of a problem with surv but I still felt it, with exposed and hook struggle death the most harmful.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

So.... since Pyramid Head if a survivor comes within 5 feet of a killers POV and even so much as moves to the left or the right the fps will tank to about 3-5 fps per second

How can this happen?

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

As Hag I got Midwich yesterday...

Even being one of her best maps it was stressful because of the stuttering gameplay.. Not even the 4k made me happy.

Played this one match and closed the game because I didn't want to suffer from that again.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355
    Options

Considering this thread is approaching 17 pages right now, I think the devs need to finally do something. So much talking about this.

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

So it's just copy and paste response... Well this is disappointing.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Options

Least you have that. What i got was

Hi Bullet,

Thanks for contacting us about this. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We're doing our best to optimize performance on every console. We don't have an ETA to provide regarding a fix, but I've forwarded your message to the team and they'll take it into account when considering future improvements.

We hope you'll bear with us as the team work towards improving the frame rate on PS4.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited August 2020
    Options

@Ryuzaki , without revealing the nickname, can you tell me if your agent had a Cardinal number in his/her name?

Maybe it's just him/her using the same template, and @Bullettimegod got another agent, who knows.

• Ryuzaki
    Options
  • jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

So shall we create another post like this at the Optimization area?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

"Upcoming patch." I mean, all future patches can be considered "upcoming." πŸ˜‚

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Off-topic but what does your name mean @Nobsyde ?

• Ryuzaki
    edited August 2020
    Options

I asked for a ETA on a fix for the framerate issues on my support ticket, this is the response I received:

"I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has been causing you. Unfortunately, we do not have a solution to offer for this as of the moment.

This issue can only be addressed by our development team and we currently have no capability or means to solve this for you.Β 

We can only hope for more of your patience and understanding as our team works on these issues.

Thank you very much."

It looks like an auto response...

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    Options

i don't lol i mean they are ez to play so they don't require high fps

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    edited August 2020
    Options

"I patched them. I patched them all. They're stuttering, every single one of them. And not just the frames, but the killers and the survivors, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM."

- DBD Devs 2020 Colorized

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Omg. It's not that bad for me (yet), but when it gets to that point, rest assured that I would not continue to play DbD.

And maybe this is the future we are looking at. A couple of patches in the future, performance could be like that on every console and people will stop playing. 🀷

• oooK3NJ1ooo
    oooK3NJ1ooo Member Posts: 81
    Options
  • MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    Options

They are just gonna downgrade the graphics even more lmao

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2020
    Options

Oh boy I havnt even seen that on any streams ve watched. Is it as bad as the red flash thing we had when we got stunned by a pallet? More information would greatly be appreciated.

BTW nearly at 20 pages! πŸ–

• Triangle_Head_Main
    Triangle_Head_Main Member Posts: 18
    Options

Exactly. I'd be great if more people had this attitude.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

At 5:25

It just looks like it would make the FPS drop you get when gaining bloodlust even worse.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

Let console play crossplay without PC.

This discussion has been closed.