BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

Options

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

I don't think they'll say they won't optimize console because if they did they could lose portion of console player base. Also doubt it will actually be improved for next gen, they're not saying anything because they hope people will buy on next gen since people are already assuming it will improve. I keep seeing "they're not going to optimize with next gen coming" but the silence from them makes me think it won't be and they don't want to discourage people from getting it on next gen.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

I would even accept 6 months getting no BP on matches and a fix at the moment

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

I prefer to don't have any dlc/cosmetic for 1y but have a decent frame rate tbh

• Fattyclown
    Fattyclown Member Posts: 73
    Options

Especially when it is some cosmetics that reduce the fps:

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

Someone said this has to do with fog offerings. Which side does that affect when it happens? Both?

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602
    Options

If you stop using all cosmetics you paid for and worked hard to unlock through all the challenges, and just play the default skins, the game will play smoother............... :/

DBD Console Life Hack

• bm33
    Options

If Blight cosmetics screw up frames would Legacy if they were on console? Also, if they actually have the mask change faces for the Legion cosmetic that won would that screw up frames on console? 🤔

• bm33
    Options

I always feel bad when I know a killer missed me because frames definitely dropped for them. There are definitely some bs hits I take as survivor that make up for it (especially now with hit validation) but it definitely feels bad to whiff and know it was the frames.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Haa Haa yeah I know how that becoming a pro at missing my hits might have to equip unrelenting 🙈 it's not good thank you for feeling bad for us truly means alot you care about our experience and I equally care about your bad frame issues.

See we are doing through our bad frame rates killers and suriviors are making peace lol

🐷💖

• bm33
    Options

I play both sides but definitely more survivor. I can't take killer serious enough to give people a challenge, I just end out doing dumb crap like choosing a random place to mark people as Ghostface and watch them run around scared of the insta down. The worse frames definitely don't help me not want to mess around, if anything they encourage it. 😂

There's more than enough players that only care about one side that I don't have to be like that. 😂 It's not fun to win because the other side was glitching out and I know they couldn't do anything about it. If I notice the frames are destroying their game I'll give myself up to them, they don't deserve a 0k because they had a slideshow. It's like if a killer farms with me after others quit or they killed 2 survivors fast and want to get BP with the other living survivors. Unless I have a specific escape challenge I'm having them sacrifice me because they deserve the points, I'll even crawl back in if they try to drop me at the gate to have the entity take me. I've had few killers that know how to position the drop to force me out the gate. 😂

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

I will never opt-in to cross-play as killer for as long as the framerate issues persist on PlayStation 4.

• Tibby87
    Tibby87 Member Posts: 44
    Options

I saw a small bit of the stream today and asked about console optimization but didnt hear anything? I assume it wasnt brought up?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I'm jel I don't have the drill but I guess it would cause even more issues rn.

Not that I play pig that much at the moment but she's still my best killer :)

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

I personally saw no difference in my frame rate issues it seemed worse on opt in because pc users don't have the same issue currently. This puts you at a major disavange not matter what role you play.

🐷

• bm33
    Options

When I was opted in frames felt worse, seemed more glitchy/laggy for me as survivor or killer. Opted out and it's the regular bad frames/glitches.

• bm33
    Options

Only response at like page 5 was community manager saying she'll "pass the post on to the team."

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

I don’t blame you. Last game (vs 4 PC survivors) I had was just...all I could do was sigh and try to laugh. See survivor, swing, frames froze for about a second, survivor doesn’t get hit and makes it to a strong loop. Happened about 6 times while playing PH on Temple of Purgation. Great times

then I played survivor today and I swear you’d think I was rank 20. Looping, frames drop, can’t vault/throw pallet because I’m not where I think I am. Responsible for 3 hits on me (thankfully it was back to back to back) since I got tunneled off hook, oh and couldn’t hit DS because the skillcheck decided to skip a beat. 👍👍

By the way, unrelatedly to frames, when tf is dead hard going to work consistently again? How about making dead hard determined by on the survivor side, I’m tired of being exhausted on the ground

• DurkaDurka
    DurkaDurka Member Posts: 29
    Options

I saw on another thread that someone recommended changing the console video output resolution setting to 720 and that it would help performance. Good idea, even if disappointing that we'd need to resort to that. So I tried it and unfortunately, for me there was little to no improvement in frame rates. Still pretty dreadful. Been even worse ever since cross play, which is a bummer

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

Didn't change anything here...

Also PC killers put minimum graphics and the game get super bright... We can't hide

• Ryuzaki
    Options

It does not eliminate the framerate issues but it puts you on a level playing field as you are playing against console survivors so it's more fair.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    Options

This.

If they only gave us a patch that allows for BASIC OPTIONS in the menu, that would improve the horrible experience to barely manageable.

Then disable the fog, fog offerings, indoor maps/rainy red forest and halloween cosmetics until they have found the reason for the fps problem. This would maybe improve the game to satisfactory.

Waiting for the devs to start caring about their console playerbase...

• Ryuzaki
    Options

I wouldn't mind the game looking like Minecraft but at 60 FPS lol. 

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,386
    Options

Get back up there you stupid thread.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

amen :(

• Ryuzaki
    Options
  • EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

We should be accurate in our posts. I have a PS4 and PS4 Pro. I’ve never felt the game playing like a “slideshow.” If you want to come close to that experience, try the Switch

• oooK3NJ1ooo
    oooK3NJ1ooo Member Posts: 81
    Options

I have a ps4 and it plays a lot like that when I play as pyramid head

This discussion has been closed.