BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

Options

Comments

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

Big maps such as corn and Red forest are lagging as hell.

Just had a couple of games in these maps as doctors, and I got a terrible headache.

Wonder if we're approaching refund/lawsuit territory here.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I wonder if it’s reportable if someone knows about the terrible FPS as Killer and tries to abuse it against them as Survivor.

That’d probably be the only way that would BHVR put console optimization as their top priority.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Not even close.

Sure,DBD optimization is horrible but there are soo many more games that are worse then DBD.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383
    Options

This post have more comments than the nerf ruin, I believe that Devs hope 100 pages to put attention

• xxi_TJ_ixx
    xxi_TJ_ixx Member Posts: 14
    Options

I am an Xbox player, and in my experience, the frames seem okay sometimes in game but it's situational. I lag on the main menu whenever I select something, the bloodweb's frames drop whenever I buy or hover over something too. Usually I don't get lag until I start getting into a number of matches, because my framerate will get progressively worse and worse until I restart the game. The worst I've gotten, is about 25 fps just walking, which it drops down whenever a chase starts or a badge gets progress.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383
    Options

Please, play in Gideon map (pig map) as a killer and come back to say that so wrong it was,

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

I thought the aura changes played a part in the decrease in performance on PlayStation 4 but when they reverted the changes it made no difference. I just hope we don't get 10 - 15 FPS on all maps after the graphical update otherwise I will have no choice but to quit DBD for good.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,454
    Options

Pretty much any indoor map with any killer turns my Xbox experience into flipbook art

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

Has there been an update from anyone BHVR? I haven't noticed just yet.

• JPLongstreet
    edited August 2020
    Options

Digging his trenches near a fire barrel, a gen that has some progress, or a hooked surv can all cause frames to drop I've noticed.

Why would PH want to lay them around a hooked surv I wonder...

;)

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    Options

Yup daily comment cause why not.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Jus 2 more til a K!

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    edited August 2020
    Options

Have fun 1K poster

Fix the gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame BHVR

• Sylorknag
    Options

that's impressive.

now, back to the first page you go.

• Sylorknag
    edited August 2020
    Options

just and update for those new to the thread.

It's been 18 days.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Haven't felt it with every trench dug everywhere, but say more than 18 or so meters away from a hooked surv absolutely. Crazy how part of a new killer's power can hurt fps so badly.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Be cool if the devs would show console players some love. They put up redeem codes on social media but it's definitely geared towards pc players - super long so by time console types them out they're already redeemed. Maybe they were outfits that would've screwed up frames anyway.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

what you want them to release it to only console players an hour in advance or something?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Or something more simple like maybe make them 10 characters max instead of 32 when it's a code that only applies to those that find it first so console players have atleast a chance? Or have it up for an hour and anyone that redeems in that time gets it.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options
  • GoodBoyKaru
    Options

this seems like an awful idea and yet i'm all here for it

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

Im starting to see why the devs keep our frame rates in the gutter. Guys i think im turning into a dev.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

anyone else have a blurry screen on Disturbed ward.... not father Campbell's

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,523
    Options

If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.

When we have information we will post it.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Options

Blurred screen? Im not sure. Is it only on killer or survivor?

Also dang this really makes it hard to play dorito boi or doctor...it skips so much when playing these killers.

The only killers that can have an "ok" frame rate are trapper and wraith and sometimes clown like that other poster said somewhere above me. May just have to play these killers only until the fps is sorted. I havent played pig in a bit but shouldnt her fps be fine too?

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Options

Maybe we should make a list of every single killer and list our problems of them (Frame rate wise).

Like for example:

Clown - Frames drop everytime the gas shows up on the screen

Myers - Frames drop when tiering up

Deathslinger - Frames drop when aiming in.

Everyone - When gaining bloodlust frames drop.

Lerys Insane Asylum - Frames across the board are awful.

Something like that? So we can have a list of what is being affected. And maybe use a map that has good frames when testing each killer (unless testing maps idk).

Something so we can get an idea of everything thats truly wrong with each killers frames.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

For some reason my frames on Freddy are pretty good and out of all the killers I was expecting Freddy to be pretty bad. Just wanted to know if you and anyone else have had an experience with Freddy's frames.

I know someone said newer killers have worse frames which is true. I think a big thing for frames is prompts, so demo portal, deathslinger ADS etc.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Clown drops frames with the bottle gasses expanding, and even further with an exhaustion add-on. Piggy suffers same drops as other killers, nothing specific to her that I've noticed. Just the usual bloodlust kicks in, Sloppy applied, breaking pallets, a gen pops nearby still all hurt performance on Xbox.

• Azgard12
    Options

Hello,

Just now I played a game against a Spirit wearing full blighted gear on Lery's (they brought the offering). Game ran like no frames per second and was a complete disaster. I honestly think the player did this intentionally, but everyone died first hook and super fast anyhow...

Losing my will to keep up with the glitches.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Oh god you commented that when i said it lmao.

ill list some more:

• Nurse - Lantern head makes frames drop and they can drop anyway at random.
    • Hag - Too many traps active at once
    • Spirit - Very minor frame drops when entering or leaving phase
    • Demo - When starting shread and when walking over surfaces that cancel your portal prompt
    • PHead - Ive had some bad frames when starting the game, this will have to be tested though.
  • Azgard12
    Options

I appreciate the indication that there's information we should hear soon!

I'll keep providing data points so we can get this game working! Thanks for all of your support.

• Azgard12
    Options

At this point, the list of things to not do is so long that it's impossible to not mess something up.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Sorry to hear fellow killer and gamer. I think survs have figured out indoor maps and fog offerings crush console killer fps and have been using them both like I've never before.

I have tons of offerings to the indoor maps (except the new Silent Hill one) on my survs but never use em because I dislike them all so much, for either role.

• Sylorknag
    Options

That's low.

Don't worry though, we'll make sure get another thread going

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Opening and searching a chest lowers frames as well, and can kill a surv struggling on a hook. Most consolers know this, but do it anyway.

• Sylorknag
    Options

Yeah,

I've had terrible performance while playing on Ormond as survivor as well. And red forest maps.

• Azgard12
    Options

Yeah, after 3 games today... with 2 out of 3 being a nightmare due to this... I'm out for the day.

The most frustrating thing is that there's been some lack of communication with some communication seeming to be warning us not to talk about this. Not what I'd expect...

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I went against a console nurse earlier, we all escaped but she was good/accurate enough I'd assumed pc. She had the blight outfit on, absolute mad lad. Also ormond so RIP in general.

- Halloween outfits = even shittier FPS on console just as a note to why this is on topic for any interested observers🎃

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

(I updated the first post by adding the warning by @MandyTalk , and asking everybody to comply. I'm sure she will be patient enough to not close the topic out of the blue but leave it open for discussion, especially considering the new patch is almost here)

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Okay so this is kinda on topic I'm almost 100% sure but uh, as a joke I decided to play with my usual Ultra+ settings (everything but AA and Shadows is cranked up to above ultra, AA and Shadows are set to 0, and I think I've got a resolution of 183%) and double the framerate from 60 to 120. Now, I've got a 60hz monitor so I wouldn't be able to see any difference but I turned on the FPS counter to see how many frames I was getting.

Most maps were fine. All killers were. Solid 120 across the board with a bit of stutter but it never went below 90.

Then came Midwich. I dropped to an average of 80-65 and at a point I dropped to 45 for a couple of moments. This bearing in mind from a pc that runs Minecraft with shades at 600fps (and that doesn't even use all my CPU/gpu/RAM).

How do you people manage? If I'm dropping to 65 on a computer that could run Cyberpunk 77 with ease, how are you guys even alive?

I play on Switch sometimes but the few times I have played since 4.0.0 I've never encountered this map and now I never want to. Holy #########, I knew the issue was bad (bc switch) but I didn't realise Lerys/Midwich was quite this large of an issue.

This discussion has been closed.