BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

Options

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,454
    Options

With the next gen consoles nearing, where would you put more of your resources? Into the outgoing machines? This is the only thing that makes sense to me.

About a year and a half or so ago ever since a proper opiminazion was first brought up, it has been little fixed here and there instead. And the latest string of patches, most especially the latest one, have hurt performance so much.

I don't want to believe the thinking is "yeah about that.... well... but the 5 and X are out soon... so.............byeeee."

Guess I need persuasion to the contrary, and that the timing of everything hasn't moved this issue from side burner to back burner to into the freezer forgotten.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

It's so strange though.

The devs HAVE to know how bad optimization is.

I simply don't believe that they are aware of this problem just recently.

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Yea on switch optymization is not too bad but after the patch plaing as hag is ######### awful fps drops to 15

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

I just had a match against a ghost face everyone he would stalk :the frame rates would just go to hell and back...

Also gonna be putting this in bug report it's just really bad and unfair. (on both sides)

• FambinoBambino_
    FambinoBambino_ Member Posts: 135
    Options

Yeah playing as GF and using shroud can sometimes make the game stutter a bit.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

It seems worse for me with PH.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Before 4.1.0, I could play Doctor on indoor maps without many FPS problems. I didn't drop frames with him that much. When this patch rolled along, everything changed. Hawkins is my favorite Killer map in the game, and I now dread getting it, all because of how poorly optimized console is.

I wish they'd tell us something, even if it's just to say that they've switched focus to next-gen consoles. The chances of DBD being one of the few PS4 games that isn't backwards compatible for the PS5 are very, very low. I'm not sure about the Xbox Series X though.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 794
    Options

bump

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

God, I hope we get this stupid aim dressing fixed, it makes certain killers unplayable.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324
    Options

Legion is especially difficult to play with the game in this state. Miss your hit during Frenzy because of frame rate? Enjoy your lost chase, and long cool down!

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

I really don't know why this mechanic is still here.

They even said that aim dressing can take hits from you.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Hag Is extremely difficult to play, because when I go for an instant teleport hit, I hit a stupid wall instead because of aim dressing.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

What's up my fellow console players.

I see the devs haven't answered us yet, what a joke.

Let's keep strong, the worse it can happen is for some streamer to get notice of this thread, and then call the devs out on this issue.

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253
    Options

@Peanits @not_Queen @Almo

Any response please - this is really painful atm.

• Sylorknag
    Options

Back to the front page my boy

• FambinoBambino_
    Options

Back to the front page my boy Pt.2

• SpiritLover1133
    SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214
    Options

DBD IS EXTREMELY UNPLAYABLE ON BASE PS4!!!!

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

I've noticed major frame drops when playing killer on Xbox

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

I saw on discord that @Peanits actually is on vacation as I was suspecting, so... I guess the wait will continue for a bit.

• Sylorknag
    Options

I'm not bumping.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

Well,maybe it's because he/she doesn't have any info about optimization?

• Nobsyde
    Options

sure, but it's still noteworthy: I think it was almost 2 weeks since he last posted on the forum, so before that, we stood no chance to get a reply - you know, August is a month where often people go on vacation 👍

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

I'm sure majority of PS4 streamers know how awful it is. Showstopper, Crazyredboy, SuperAlf etc all know about it I think.

Looking back through some of showstoppers Vods bring up another interesting point. Some skins (mainly on killer) can drop the frames by a landslide. I'm not going to name exactly which skins as I don't know if that's classed as an exploit, but majority of them are on spirit.

• Nobsyde
    Options

usually the big drop is from the killer perspective, at least that's what I found - but then again, I play mostly killer, so I dunno.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Ive had experiences on high frame maps with my first game on so my frames should of been fresh, and a spirit comes along with certain skins and my frames drop.

Maybe it could be me getting really unlucky or it could be a coincidence, but idk, I doubt that. It happens too consistently.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Yeah I enjoy watching crazy red boy he's such a cool dude just hoping he would cool enough to maybe bring up this forum post and suggest people come comment.

Just trying to keeping the thread alive and up so it's noticeable I guess show we ain't stopping till we get some kinda answer.

We just need more body's in here keeping it going.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,454
    Options

Happened today: on Lery's, hit bl1 as I swing my Piggy blade at a window-vaulting Feng, their Lithe also kicks in, my blade animation actually freezes mid swipe! Even the chase music skipped, and all I hit is window. Wish I was streaming it, something to see.

The Xbox 1x simply cannot handle this game when multiple status effects all proct at the same time. Indoor maps make it even worse. Back to the Long Dark for now...

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220
    Options

Honestly, the videos look beautiful compared to xbox

• FambinoBambino_
    Options

Comment bump #FPS #Consoles #Sad

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

Fix the game on console please Behaviour!!

What's the deal with your game really? Since ps4 can run horizon zero dawn smoothly... And we are talking about an open world game!!

Some transparency would be good from you.. It's not fair that we buy your product and get no clue of what is going on...

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324
    Options

Just played a match on Midwich as survivor. (PS4) Holy balls was the frame rate bad. Even just walking around it was juddering and stilted. Pan the camera? HOO-BOY, the game didn't like that. Skill checks were stuttering all over the place.

Please tell us you guys are working on this!

• Sylorknag
    Options

I wonder how well survivors would actually do if the frames got fixed.

I know there are some really good players out there, but I'm pretty sure some players wouldn't be so "godlike" were the frames fixed and auto aim removed.

Christ, I hate auto aim

• Nobsyde
    edited August 2020
    Options

oh I'm very curious as well.

The vast majority of good survivors on console rely almost exclusively on 360s and similar juking, with only a minor attention to pathing and looping.

Remove the teleporting survivors from the game, make the 360 more counterable → survivors need to learn how to actually play :P

It's similar to how survivors counter Nurse on console - just stereotyped movements, which are very easy to counter/predict with a mouse, extremely difficult to do that on a controller (...with low frame rate...).

In a few days, with cross play enabled, there will be tears.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

A 360 that take 2-3 frames to do by a survivor is invisible when this game runs at a super smooth 5 FPS at times. Survivors are in for a treat when killers are running at 60fps and can visually track 360 on console.

• trynil
    trynil Member Posts: 4
    Options

I started on PS4 but when I moved to Japan I started playing on a switch. Nintendo firmware updates have done more for dbd performance that anything bhvr has done. The skill check meter would jump a month or two back unless I was unable to see the gen. Now I can actually look out for killers and not need spin chill.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited August 2020
    Options

Due to the framedrops / freezes I kinda don't feel like playing today but just out of curiousity did the hotfix change anything in this regard?

This discussion has been closed.