BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

Options

Comments

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited August 2020
    Options

nah, game got better even for survivors, and survivors were never the server in the first place.

Again, I don't see the point in trying and rewrite history, it doesn't matter: what matters is that now performance dropped from one patch to the next, and this needs to be reverted. We can go back and talk about optimisation after at least we get a fix for the current situation.

EDIT: the reason why I don't want to stay here and talk about speculative stuff or rewriting history is because Devs have a habit to respond to only what they know they can easily fact check (for example, instead of addressing the Elementary School Map bad design, they decided to answer a guy who misquoted one of their leaders) - don't give them a hand to juke the main topic ;).

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Very simply put: If you have to wait for the killer's response (who is hosting the game), then this will also lead to problems on the survivors' side.

• Nobsyde
    Options

that's not true, but again, I don't want to debate this, you are off topic, here we talk only about how 4.1.0 destroyed the performance compared to 4.0.0.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

If you deal with arguments by just saying "that's not true" instead of taking the chance to broaden your horizon, then I guess that's your thing. 🤷‍♀️ You were the one who started this discussion between us.

Let's leave it at this.

• Nobsyde
    edited August 2020
    Options

@NoShinyPony There's no argument to make because you are off topic. If you really really really want to discuss, I can give you my discord id and we'll talk there. Ok?

so:

Let's leave it at this.

good ;)

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

As someone with a low-end-ish PC, some optimisation in general would be greatly appreciated.

• Nobsyde
    Options

I was just curious to see where @Peanits is, and his last post on this forum is from the 31st of July - 7 days ago.

I guess he's on vacation, so we shall wait...

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

It's definitely not a good time on ps4 right now. 😒

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

Still no comment from a Mod..Am I missing something?

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151
    edited August 2020
    Options

The only real way we have with dealing with it, is restarting the application to reset frames.

Even after that, you could just end up Hospital or Hawkins right after. I don't want to keep restarting the game just to keep the frames smooth, it should already be smooth by now for how far we are.

• Nobsyde
    Options

little update:

I saw that @Gay Myers (Luzi) is giving updates on certain topics in regards of MMR not working as intended (surprised pikachu!).

Maybe the next topic they will answer will be the console current status? Here's hoping...

• FambinoBambino_
    FambinoBambino_ Member Posts: 135
    Options

Beep Boop Meow, optimization needed

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I havent noticed it being any worse than normal, but at normal it can get pretty bad at times

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

I really hope we get an official announcement soon with regards to console optimization.

• FambinoBambino_
    Options

Bumpy bump, alive this shall be

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

We also never got the promised PS4 Pro and Xbox One X enhancement patch mentioned in 2018. And still no word on next-gen updates. I hope it's something they announce soon. It would be a great surprise if they intend to improve the game across all platforms to coincide with the PS5 and Xbox Series X launches in Nov 2020.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

no response yet?

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

Tumbleweeds make more sound than the deafening silence of the devs on this topic. Bump

• Nobsyde
    Options

Sure not having an answer after 3 days is bad, but not as bad as not having one after 10 days!

• Ryuzaki
    Options

Still no response, probably never get one at this rate...

• Ryuzaki
    Options

Lets keep this on the front page!

• FambinoBambino_
    Options

Once upon a time, there was a killer who chasing a survivor and as they went for the swing, all of a sudden, bloodlust activated and the frames were annihilated! As a result, the chase was extended and pressure was lost.

Tis the tragic tale of a console player

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

I just tried to post everyone I know devs mods to get something and it locks me from posting or tagging them... I get spam is not cool but clearly this demands a response please thank you

@MandyTalk

• Nobsyde
    Options

I think Devs and especially Mods already have read this topic, the only reason why they are not replying is because they don't have an answer yet, so tagging them won't really be helpful imho.

I'm optimistic that by monday someone will acknowledge the problem though.

• Darkskies
    Options

I know man but at this point even if they can't do anything to help us console player's I'd take that response I'm such a respectful person this is the first time I've tried to @ every mod I know or dev for a response.

That's why I choose many she's cool enough to give us at least a nod or something 🐷💖

• Darkskies
    Options

At least give us console people the truth you can't do anything say so honestly truth is better than silence

🐷💖

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Ah okay. Was just making sure.

In other news, I’m glad this has some type of progression! Thanks for starting this thread up btw 💜

• Darkskies
    Options

I personally would love to keep this respectful we just want a answer at this point.. Regards to a response we just would kindly request one 🐷

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    edited August 2020
    Options

@Edys said that he/she (don’t like to assume one’s gender 💜) got some acknowledgment from the team. That’s the progression I’m addressing.

edit: typo.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

Jesus Devs.

Throw us a bone.

At least acknowledge that the frames are terrible on consoles and that you plan/or not to fix the issue.

It's really shameful and disrespectful to literally just ignore the thread.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

Exactly this. They promised much, they did effectively nothing and it gets even worse and worse.

• Nobsyde
    edited August 2020
    Options

I'm the one in the videos, definitely "he" :P

and yes, the answer is from the official dbd support team - I won't say their name because I don't want to put them on a strange spot (they are not community managers after all) though.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Like i said.

The devs know about the state of (console) optimization.

The response from the support team says absolutely nothing and just feels like some kind of automated message.

We are still at zero,unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.