A Shift in Balancing for SWF vs. Solo

One of the challenges I observe in DBD is trying to balance changes and additions for their impact on both solo-queued Survivors and those in Survive with Friends groups.
This, in my estimate, presents a substantial challenge in proper balance, as solo play vs. SWF (assuming comm communication) are effectively 2 different modes of gameplay attempting to operate from one set of mechanics.

While progress thus far has been good, I wonder if it might benefit overall design efforts if Survivor Perks began to operate in a dual fashion; 1 version of the Perk when solo-queued, and a different version of the Perk when queued via SWF.
This might be the most direct way of addressing balance issues between these 2 methods of play.

Thanks!

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

The devs are scared to make different queues I guess, even the only queue we have atm is quite broken already.^^

I fear SWF will never really be balanced, it would require some drastic changes how the whole game works and I dont think that the devs are willing to change that much