Demo rework

Seiji212
Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

So long as we’re going down the list and all, how bout some love for the demo puppy? By that I mean largely leave him alone and just give us sone useful addons. His best addon is gray, being the only one to increase charged ability movement speed. Seems pretty wacky. Maybe also let us put portals on walls as well, as quite a few people have suggested already. That would be neat.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Ireath
    Ireath Member Posts: 91

I am so glad this is just wanting better addons for demo.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Some more ability and add-ons reworks for Killers would be nice, poor Demopup needs some attention nowadays.

• Seiji212

I’m happy with his base kit. Ppl think shred sucks, but that’s because it isn’t used correctly most of the time. I’m fine with survivors underestimating it 😃

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88

I thoroughly enjoy shredding pallet campers who aren't fast enough to react. So satisfying and punishing!

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

it's easy to dodge, imo much more easy than PH's Punishment which can hit through walls. The hitbox is very strict compared to Oni's M2. It only works against potatoes or as zoning tool (in this case it isn't that bad, if you mix up baiting and actually using). Or in specific places. I try to love him and had some funny games yesterday but now the MMR only sends me sweaty red ranks. He feels just so mediocre against good survivors, compared to my other killers.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

I\m not sure how his addons would pan out, but as far as base kit goes, I really don't want much changed. If you remember ya boi @DudeDelicious and his belief that people just haven't figured out Clown yet, I feel that way about Demo. He runs tiles in a very subtly different way than most M1 Killers that a lot of people haven't grasped, and the placement and usage of portals has been so watered down in its perception that people don't realize what they're capable of. If I could make any basekit changes:

-Increase post-teleport Undetectable duration to 3 seconds

-Make his footsteps quieter so he can actually utilise said Undetectable ability

-Increase portal sealing time to 15 seconds

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Yeah, they should make rat liver base kit and rework his others imo.

• Seiji212

With mind gaming and prediction. Similar to pigs lunge, if you broadcast your intention to use it, you’re probably going to just get dodged. Most demos know to fake it to zone their target, less often you see it used regularly, is usually faked. But simple things like charging it up when a los breaker doesn’t make it obvious, or when a survivor goes around a corner at a long wall with a window, you can fake which direction you intend to shed and double back. There’s tons of neat tricks you can pick up. It’s not only useful at pallets and windows like most would have you believe. With practice you can reliably hit ppl out in the open by scanning left and right before committing, similar to ph’s shock wave. I could go on and on, I think demo is more effective than usually given credit.

• Seiji212

Couldn’t have stated it better myself. If you play with demo the way you would any other killer it’ll leave a lot to be desired. Demo just needs its own approach, and just isn’t popular enough for many to figure it out. I enjoy playing demo more than any other killer so far, and he’s easily my favorite killer to go against. I’ve vs’d very few really good demos, true, but they were incredibly memorable. A god tier demo is terrifying, it turns what it’s usually an easy out into a stressful match of total uncertainty.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

What's interesting is that he almost plays like an M1 Killer, but it's just the tiniest bit of creative thinking that allows you full access to your Shred potential. Running a tile in a bizarre way or even in the exact opposite way you should for any other Killer is where you really gotta think, and then actually properly implementing your Shred on top of that.

And THEN portals... bruh.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

DemoPls

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

He definitely needs an add-on rework, also make rat liver basekit already.

• MauriceMaverick
    MauriceMaverick Member Posts: 276

i recently had a big idea for a demo reork. it is not necesary, even on my mind, but give it a quick look. maybe you like it.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/180697/useless-demogorgon-concept-rework-idea#latest