The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Trapper Buff Idea

KittyGirl586
KittyGirl586 Member Posts: 14
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Trapper I think is quite easy to buff, all he really needs is for his purple add-on, the stitched bag (Start with 2 traps and can carry up to three) to be made into his base kit but while only starting with one bear trap.

All the major builds I've seen of Trapper pretty much require you to take at least one of his bags and I think if they were base kit we'd see a lot more use out of his other add-ons than we do now which I think could lead to some pretty interesting scenarios

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Im not sure. Maybe the purple bag would be too much, the yellow bag seems more reasonable.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

As a Trapper main myself, I feel like he should start with and having a carrying capacity of 2 because otherwise the bag add-ons will be pretty useless.

Give him 2 traps to start and carry, and make it so traps spawn closer to the middle instead of the furthest possible corner away from me.

Do these and see what happens. He may need more, he may not. I would maybe advocate for grey setting gloves to be base too, but after seeing how the first buff works.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I like that suggestion. I´d also add to that something similar to the old honing stone. As of now, injured survivors don´t get harmed when stepping on a trap. I think adding something like a 50% chance of getting downed after escaping a bear trap while injured would be nice.

Or tremendously increase rescue and escape time while injured before stepping on a trap.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

RNG with trapper makes him a bit unreliable. I wish it takes you like 12s to escape a trap so that the trapper knows whether or not he can hook the trapped survivor before he escapes.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Just give him the brown extra Trap Add-On as base. Maybe even the yellow and he'll be fine. I started to realize his true potential recently and he isn't as weak as People think.

People play him like a normal Killer who can be on the whole Map. He is extremely territorial and should only stay at one Area and defend that Area, he is very good defender. But yeah, he should get more Traps by default and be allowed to carry more Traps (at least 2).

Idk why they didn't give him his brown capacity Add-On as base when they changed his Add-Ons and buffed his base kit.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

A skill check come every 3sec, success any 3 skill check guarantee an escape (or 2 skill check in a row). With Green stone, any 5 skill check (or 3 skill check in a row). Skill check is as hard as DS.

Skill check zone affected by Unnerving presence

There we go

• Tuscan
    Tuscan Member Posts: 14

I would like an addon that make traps not make any noise when you set them.

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153

My Opinion on what would make trapper a more.... Well rounded killer. Give him a secondary ability to trap a single generator with one of his traps. The first survivor to attempt to repair that generator is injured (if healthy), and reveals their location. They then must struggle to get out of the trap like usual.

It gives the trapper more options (and turns his inherent 3 gen into a more deadly combination) without overburdening or reworking his entire kit.