Redacted

Killmaster
Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Post edited by Killmaster on

Comments

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

Quite frankly, Iron Will and Calm Spirit ought to be combined into one perk (Calm Spirit) with their benefits adjusted appropriately. Both perks are very situational, and can be useful, but seem too weak on their own.

"Animals seem to trust you as they often stay calm in your presence. Reduces chances of alerting Crows by 80/90/100 %.
    Your calm spirit can overcome the urge to scream due to Madness, Intoxication or getting injured by the Killer."

"You're able to concentrate and enter a meditative-like state to numb some pain. Grunts of pain caused by injuries are reduced by 50/100/100 % while staying still/while staying still/at any time."

Iron Will could probably be re-invented into a perk that will resist Franklin's Demise. It would allow the survivor to see the auras of loose items within range. If hit by Franklin's Demise, chance of losing your item is reduced (but not guaranteed). To make it less situational (not dependent on Franklin's), it can even add resistance to being pulled off by the killer, and can be useful for generators, hook saves, and vaulting.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2018
    Thats like saying that iron grasp should counter decisive strike. Why would making a perk useless be a good idea? No perks counter eachother, literally everyone would run the counter for Franklin’s and it would be a waste of code and utterly pointless to use. Not a good idea at all. 

They are advantages that you have to LEARN to play against.  Survivors don’t NEED consumables to win, really you don’t. They are simply convenience items.

you should try hiding more and not getting whacked as often, plus you can go back and pick it up easily. I’ve hit the same guy a total of six times and each time I found him he had that same flashlight. Git gud. 

Franklin’s Demise is one of the only perks for killers that allows us to take some of that control away from you, and apply pressure as a threat.  
  • Witchaven
    Witchaven Member Posts: 36

I like the 2nd posters comment about combining Iron Will and Calm Spirit. But here's something that surprises me about both perks, neither allows you to stop crying out when downed. It's a bit odd that there is no way to prevent that.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Thats like saying that iron grasp should counter decisive strike. Why would making a perk useless be a good idea? No perks counter eachother, literally everyone would run the counter for Franklin’s and it would be a waste of code and utterly pointless to use. Not a good idea at all. 

They are advantages that you have to LEARN to play against.  Survivors don’t NEED consumables to win, really you don’t. They are simply convenience items.

you should try hiding more and not getting whacked as often, plus you can go back and pick it up easily. I’ve hit the same guy a total of six times and each time I found him he had that same flashlight. Git gud. 

Franklin’s Demise is one of the only perks for killers that allows us to take some of that control away from you, and apply pressure as a threat.  

There is no way to know what survivors or killers have for perks if you are on the opposing team. The chances of a killer having Franklin's and all 4 survivors having anti-Franklin's is insanely rare. There is no way real way to anticipate what the other person will have for perks, unless you assume the meta, or cheating.

As far as "no perks counter each other," there actually a few perks that do just that. Here's just a few examples:

Boil Over and Iron Grasp
    Spies From The Shadows and Calm Spirit
    Iron Will or No Mither and Stridor
    Resilience and Thanataphobia
    Saboteur and Hangman's Trick
    Streetwise and Overwhelming Presence
    Wake Up! and Remember Me

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Those perks don't need buffs to be even more viable, the problem is other perks that are too strong overshadowing them. The "OP" perks need to be brought down. Iron Will and Calm Spirit are fine as they are.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

No.
    all your ideas are frankly moronic, get better as a survivor before making another thread please.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429
    edited September 2018

@yeet said:
    No.
    all your ideas are frankly moronic, get better as a survivor before making another thread please.

Always killers crying since they can't play without a certain perk, as if the game suddenly becomes unplayable without BBQ and Franklins, try getting gud without them for a change? What I love about my suggetions is that it doesn't matter what you say every post calling me a "moron" or to get gud keeps it on the frontpage longer solidifying that I am correct that a certain perk needs balancing heightening the chances of a dev seeing it, and if a dev does see it, test it, realizes that my idea may actually be a balanced change and go through with it in the end, your tears and salt with give me life fuel. In the end I am the killer of overpowered killers, food for thought, no?

• Rozenlied
    Rozenlied Member Posts: 22

@Killmaster said:

@yeet said:
    No.

Always killers crying since they can't play without a certain perk, as if the game suddenly becomes unplayable without BBQ and Franklins, try getting gud without them for a change? What I love about my suggetions is that it doesn't matter what you say every post calling me a "moron" or to get gud keeps it on the frontpage longer solidifying that I am correct that a certain perk needs balancing heightening the chances of a dev seeing it, and if a dev does see it, test it, realizes that my idea may actually be a balanced change and go through with it in the end, your tears and salt with give me life fuel. In the end I am the killer of overpowered killers, food for thought, no?

There's actually no need to run Franklin's like you say.
    It is quite weak, highly counterable, and you don't need items to win games. You're either really bad or depend too much on items. The "crying killer" you mentioned just told ya the truth, git gud.

Also, seeing that humans don't accept their own misconceptions, lemme tell you why it's a weak perk and really, really situational.

1 - It only makes the survivor DROP the item and lose a few charges. The amount lost is minimal (10% at Level 3 Perk)
    2 - The Killer has ABSOLUTELY no means to watch over the dropped items. Even if he drops everyone's items, the killer can only chase one person at a time, so, you're either really bad for not realizing you can pick it up again, or you have some kind of mental disorder, dunno.
    3 - There are way more useful perks to use. The meta game is really fast because survivors are too much overwhelming for the killers, so, stalling perks are way better than Franklin's demise.
    4 - Even without items, survivors can still do the actions they could do without items. Everyone runs Self Care, and you can repair gens even without a perk.
    5 - *autistic screeching * It's slower without a toolbox/medkit: FIND OTHERS TO HELP YA. THE GAME ISN'T TO BE PLAYED ALONE.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Killmaster said:
    To help push people to use perks besides meta how about a slight buff to Iron Will, I've noticed it's been used in high ranks but not enough to make it viable. How about Iron Will counteracts Franklins Demise? It would play well with the theme of the perk being that survivors, even in immense pain, wouldn't let go of their items. Flashlights have already been nerfed to the point of them being practically a non issue, I don't see how this could be abused even by a 4 man swf, that's 4 meta perks out of the game if they all bring IW.

Iron will is already a really strong perk, no need to buff it.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Killmaster said:

@yeet said:
    No.

yep this ones going in my cringe compilation
    no killers are overpowered, you are just bad