Dead By Daylights Pay to Win Nature

Options
Hi_Hello_Gooday
Hi_Hello_Gooday Member Posts: 97
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Licensed DLC Characters are locked behind paywalls and this is fine since stronger alternatives are available through purchase with in game shards for killers and survivors themselves are essentially just skins. The real problem at play here is those characters perks.

Decisive strike is a full 60 seconds of invulnerability for any survivor off of a hook, locked behind at least a 5 dollar paywall. Barbecue and Chili doubles the speed at which you can level up characters and is one of the best information perks in the game, locked behind at least a 5 dollar paywall. Save The Best For Last, Demogorgen's Best perk for his kit, locked behind at least a 5 dollar paywall. Surveillance a huge bonus for any Pyramid Head player, locked behind at least a 5 dollar paywall. Make your choice one of the best perk additions for the Wraith and Freddy, locked behind at least a 5 dollar paywall.

Of course you can win without any of these perks but that's not the issue, no pay to win game lets you buy automatic wins, they let you buy advantages which these perks clearly are.

Now you may say that the shrine of secrets is the answer to my problem but it is nothing but a faulty bandage on a gaping wound. Decisive Strike has shown up 11 times on the shrine, Barbecue and Chili has shown up 4 times, Save The Best For Last 10, Surveillance 4, Make Your Choice 5, and I wont go on to mention how some of the DLC perks from as old as Demogorgen haven't even been listed in the shrine yet.

You ask players who do not wish to pay for killers or survivors they don't want to wait for an unlisted amount of time till their perks are purchasable with shards, this is the same thing Battlefront 2 did. Make players grind for months for the chance to get the more powerful tools while others can just pay to get it immediately. All perks should be purchasable for Iridescent Shards and shouldn't be locked behind a pay/wait wall.

Edit: So people stop commenting just purchase the DLC and stop complaining,I have all DLC that is not the problem. It's that you are forced to buy it if you want an advantage or wait for what could be forever to get all DLC perks

Edit #2: I mention in this post I mean perks not characters, please read that part, I mention in this post what is wrong with the shrine system and on average it takes two years to get a full set of DLC perks for one character, please read that part. I also mention that these perks do not equal auto wins only advantages, please read that part. No P2W game that is multiplayer allows you to buy free wins.

Post edited by Hi_Hello_Gooday on

Comments