Remove unbreakable

Comments

• NuKeD
    NuKeD Member Posts: 227

that's what i do often, but this was different, as 1 gen was left and they were genrushing. 3 guys downed and 1 hurt. couldn't waste the chance to come back the match, but crutch perk destroyed my opportunity.

• monster89
    monster89 Member Posts: 147

I like that ur complaining that u slugged all 4 people. Ur the reason why unbreakable is in the game and why it will continue to flourish. As long as people are slugging, unbreakable will not go away.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

it annoys the absolute ######### out of me when people say dont slug, slugging is damn near manditory on almost every killer against a decent team you cant go against sentient survivors and get 12 hooks unless your iri head huntress nurse or spirit or any killer with built in slowdown

slugging is one of three strats to win the other two is tunneling and patrolling/camping which are boring to do

let me clarify this good survivors as in actual players that will know how to use resources effiencently

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278

The problem is that, when slugging is needed for the win, survivors just break one of the best tools the killer has to win. Ds unbreakable makes you completely invincible for 60 seconds, to the point where the rescued guy always makes super aggressive plays if you instantly down the rescuer because he has those 60 seconds of invincibility. Any killer other than Nurse or spirit can't play the fun way where he downs someone and completely leaves the guy on the hook, it's not possible.

You either have to 1 Patrol 2 Slug 3 Tunnel, you can't play the fun way to win it's impossible

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

oh boy.

I never argued that the game isn't survivor sided: I think it currently is.

what I'm saying is that without a dedicated build, slugging isn't gonna work out for you. you are allowed to slug, that's fine by me, but it isn't going to go in your favor unless you are truly dedicated to the craft.

Unbreakable as a perk is designed to counter sluggers. what you're asking is to remove a fairly well balanced perk because it didn't let you win with a strategy the perk is meant to counter. the only issue is its obvious synergy with DS, but changes to DS is the much better alternative to deleting the only good anti-slug perk.

you are getting mad at a perk for doing what it's designed to do.

but I haven't seen any actual arguments from you thus far, so let's hear it: why is unbreakable unbalanced or unhealthy for the game?

P.S: killer main, just thought I'd mention.

• NuKeD

because it's a "crutch perk", it literally punishes the killer when he accomplished his job, it gives a second chance for the survivor when the match should be over already. i can understand if it is used singulary or if a killer is camping a slugged victim, but seriously, win the match and lose it after "winning" it, it's kinda pathetic.

• NuKeD

did u even read my other posts? guess not. i didn't just slug and complained about it.

• NuKeD
    edited August 2020

gotta admit, i was angry when i made the post, now i'm even angrier, 'cause 70% of the people who voted and answered here, are entitled survivor mains, defending and promoting crutch perks, telling you to "hook people", but genrushing and using second chances perks is okay.

seriously, everybody expects me to "hook" and let the others go, after a fully coordinated SWF makes you 3 gens while you try to kill one guy, then they expect you to hang the guy and go for the next. it's okay to be genrushed and teabagged at the exit, but if you take advantage for a survivor mistake and slug to reverse the situation, then you have to "get good at this game".

you gotta love DBD community.

• SkintKibbles
    SkintKibbles Member Posts: 6

So first off, I would like to state that I play on both sides pretty much equally. As a survivor I don't really use either unbreakable or DS often. I don't find them that useful through most matches against really top tier killers. The reason why I think this is because good killers are able to pay attention to detail. First off DS is only good when you are tunneling that survivor after being unhooked. Never go after a survivor you know was unhooked recently or just slug them to help keep pressure. Second go after someone else and hook them. Slugging is definitely viable and never a bad thing. While survivors are down gens are not being pressured as hard through the game. If they get up it is whatever the fact is they were not doing objectives for a given time. You really should never slug past 3 people without hooking at least one survivor. I mean killers who struggle with DS and unbreakable are killers that need to improve their attention to detail on what survivors have and who you've been slugging/hooking. Oh I can't tell between two Bills or whoever. Yes you can because the names are stated in the bottom left and you should be paying attention to this through the game. I am sorry but I don't feel sorry for you losing because of unbreakable. Yes SWF can be hard to play against sometimes, but they are a real test of actual skill at being a killer and test you mentally. I always feel like it is a win to come away with two kills against really good survivors. You are never going to always win and let's remember it is just a game and no reason to get mad. If things like watching them tbag at gates and chat makes you mad. Just don't go to the exit gates when you know they are all there. Just let them waste their own time sitting there. And turn chat off or if you have a bad game just leave after the game is over and move to the next one. I use to get mad all the time when losing anything. I hate losing, but that is something you should work on not getting mad and stressing yourself out over something that doesn't really matter in the end. Games are suppose to be fun and if you're not having any fun why play them.

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

You can't possibly have 4 down at once alll running ds one would have ended or you hit them with blood warden and a chainsaw, in which it's time to wait and get em back down or eat it. Shouldn't have let em that far in. Accept it and find a way to not let it happen again.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

downing all the survivors is not accomplishing the killers goal. a killers goal is sacrifice/mori all of the survivors.

Unbreakable is literally about slugging, no matter the reason behind it. having a tough game? slug if you want but don't be surprised when they use the perk for its intended purpose.

and it does not at all fit the crutch perk definition. a crutch is a perk used to make up for ones own lack of skill. unbreakable isn't made to make up for a lack of skill, it's made to counter a playstyle.

playstyles should have counters: without them it would almost always be a guaranteed win when done. sure, something that takes skill should be given a benefit, but slugging takes no more skill than playing normally. plus it makes 4/5 players unhappy when done in a match. so a perk should be there to counter it by all means since the majority of the emotions shared by slugging is negative. and since we're talking about emotions, we gotta bring up

the Negativity bias

the Negativity Bias is essentially the notion that, even in equal values, negative emotions will have a stronger impact on a person's psychological state. so even if the happy killer players emotions were worth 4 sad survivor players emotions, the survivors should be prioritized in this situation. let me give an example

Person A will be the killer who just slugged all 4 survivors (and promptly sacrificed them) successfully, and Person B will be one of those unfortunate souls who were slugged in Person A's game

From A's perspective, this is a moment where they're like "nice" and carry on. very little impact is made, and they'll most likely forget within an hour unless something really cool happened that match.

From B's perspective, they very well could wonder "why? why do I play this game when it's full of toxic strategies that cause me to hate said game? why do people not acknowledge this anymore on the forums? why is that guys happiness above my own?" they then either carry on, with it influencing their day at least a bit, rant about it on the forums if this pushed them over the edge, or even stop playing the game all together (you've seen it, a post saying someone's leaving DBD because of the toxicity in game will appear every few months. and think of all the people who left without telling the forums!).

Now imagine B's perspective times 4, since we have to account for Persons C, D, and E as well, who all had similar experiences.

In short: the survivors experience HEAVILY outweighs the killers in this scenario (not to say it can't be flipped where the killer experiences a negative experience, such as an undeserving DS strike) and Unbreakable is here to prevent this by providing a way out of the negative circumstance. hell even slugged survivors without unbreakable get happier when they see someone get up with unbreakable, since it means they have a chance to be healed up now. and yes, the killer may experience a negative emotion from this, but it won't be nearly as strong as even one survivors negative experience (last I checked having your game plan foiled isn't as bad as losing all your progress and the game before you really should have) and having 1/5 people have a bad experience is much better than having 4/5 bad experiences.

and again I need a reason it's unbalanced. Technician is a crutch for people who can't hit skill checks, but it's not breaking the game by any means.

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122

Honestly this complaint isn't valid. Unbreakable only happens once per match as does DS but if you hooked them as soon as you downed them it wouldn't be an issue. Even if they keep rescuing each other they only have til the 3rd time to be automatically sacrificed. And if all of them are rescuing, no-one is repairing the gens which means you can keep doing this until they all get fast sacrificed. Also with unbreakable I don't even get to use it often as all, so I'm agreeing with the once every ten matches comment.

Also I play both parts too so I'm not biased.

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122

Exactly. I expect they have it so I'm always like well here we go, can't use it again lol

• exf310n
    exf310n Member Posts: 24

Interesting how the author says they won't accept their defeat. Sounds as if someone else has not accepted their own defeat.

• legionIsBackBaby
    legionIsBackBaby Member Posts: 32

Nah bud your straight trash or still new to this game. Don't even bother slugging if they all have unbreakable. Just like you wouldn't pick someone up if they have ds. Logic.exe not found

• dominator3396
    dominator3396 Member Posts: 12

Unbreakable is a fine perk in my opinion.

I main killer. I use to abuse the hell out of Billy, and would put deerstalker on. Yes. A slugging Billy. I'd play games for fun against swf not as Billy to learn other killers, get t bagged genrushed and pissed off. So I'd go back to Billy. I never got 4 people down at once, but often got 3 with 4 gens left and would chase the 4th. Unbreakable or healing to 99, they would get up. There's really not much to do there.

One day I got pissed for playing supertoxic pos red rank swf groups back to back to back to back, so I decided to do a straight slug match. No hooking. From that experience, I will say it is much harder to only slug than apply slugging appropriately. I had to sweat harder in that match than a regular match because I added extra objectives: gens and downed survivors.

I got sidetracked on the idea of slugging, but unbreakable isn't op, just CAN be a strong perk. When used right it can change a game to be in a survivor's favor, which is ok. It's not tilting, like how ds use to be, but is, imo, a balanced perk for survivor.

I don't know how you play, but I'll just say if you want to incorporate more slugging: use perks like nurse's, deerstalker, knock out, bbq. But dont slug the entire squad, unless they're potatoes lol. If you're going to slug, slug one at a time to optimize your time. If they have unbreakable, oh well. Just get the next down and hook.

If your issue is with meta survivor perks, do something about it to abuse their perks also.

Like DS for example: run an obsession build to enjoy eating ds. I run dying light nemesis stflb and nurse's to make survivors feel like they are doing well hitting me with pallets and ds, until they realize there's 6 or more dying light stacks and they cant finish that last gen.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Unbreakable just needs some kind of downside or prerequisite, like get a safe unhook or two or protection hits, or maybe even some crazy downside like 5% slower for the rest of the game after picking yourself up because as it stands its just way too strong of a perk and requires nothing from the survivor to make it work other than have it

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Ive seen your posts the reason he and probably so many other people haven't guessed you are a killer main stems from 1 of 3 reason

1. Most everything you write looks like it was written by a monkey mashing the buttons on a typewriter and completely thoughtless
    2. Even the comprehensible things you say usually stem down to I disagree with this person and no matter what they say they are wrong and because of that i'm right which just makes you look entitled and we all know what being entitled is connected to
    3. You usually delve into ad hominem whenever someone just isn't agreeing with the garbage that you spew which seems like a toxic survivor thing to do
  • HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Imagine if he had a perk that stopped me from doing that by giving him a free escape. Darn guess I should of just let him alone for a full 60s so he could spend all that time fixing a gen that takes 80s.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

I think the old DS was more fair in some scenarios. If I remember correctly, the old DS just had 1 use, like unbreakable now.

Now, DS can be used up to 2 times. While you can just slug people, It's certainly stronger now and unfair.

I'd rework DS to just have 1 use like before.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

So you complain about his ad hominem with ad hominem of your own?

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

Interesting though. A lot of Killer mains believe that they deserve to win not only when they have 3 survivors dead but also when they have 0 hooks with 2 generators left.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    edited August 2020

If you like slugging as playstyle, then go for a build that focusses on it and prepare yourself that you'll have to down people twice because of Unbreakable. (Because crutch perks won't go away.) Take a look at it from this perspective: This way, you only have to deal with Unbreakable, not with DS, BT, Deliverance...

It's very satisfying to watch a successful 4-men slug. (I don't play killer myself but I enjoy to watch streamers.)

• stealthy_feng101
    stealthy_feng101 Member Posts: 18

Imagine complain a one time perk because without slugging you get not even one kill xD

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

dont leave the survivors on the floor ez fix xd

• ColaGhost
    ColaGhost Member Posts: 36

Sorry, are you complaining about not being able to slug for the 4k?

• DustoTheOne
    DustoTheOne Member Posts: 43

Unbreakable is to counter "sluggy" killers. There's no fun in a killer knocking you down and running off while you just lay on the floor. Learn how to play the game and I bet this wouldn't happen to you. Sure there are times when you NEED to slug but just trying to slug everyone to get a 4 k is just as lame as face camping every hook. Just play the damn game and stop acting like all these changes will make you any better 😂😂😂

• NuKeD

there is no fun either when you get genrushed and when you finally get your well deserved 4k, they get to have a second chance, lol.

• PlutoniumYT
    PlutoniumYT Member Posts: 15

Nah, ds is already weak enough. Both perks on their own are literally useless in most cases

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Looool

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

Many meta perks are useless in a good chunk of matches. Adrenaline and BT are the same. That doesn't mean they're not extremely strong, though. On the contrary, second chance perks are extremely powerful and they specifically help you in situations where the killer has the upper hand. The killer could have managed to slug all remaining survivors, and two could just pop up and run away with Unbreakable. That game was over, until it wasn't. You could have three injured survivors left alive with one survivor in a chase and in trouble, and then boom, Adrenaline procs and the entire team is healthy and the survivor in the chase is able to get away. That's a game changing effect.

Speaking to DS specifically, 60 seconds after being unhooked is enough time that it often doesn't have much to do with deterring tunneling. In 60 seconds + [the time it takes for Person A to get unhooked] it's totally feasible to leave the hook, find Person B, down Person B, hook Person B, find Person A who never healed and is on a gen, down Person A. Rather than being punished for their poor decision, for their teammates not protecting them, etc., they get to walk away and waste a massive amount of the killer's time. And that's if you're using the perk defensively.

I mostly see DS used offensively at high rank, which is why I think it needs a rework. For example, someone with DS will often try to aggro the killer, then hop in a locker and force them to either eat the DS or waste a lot of time. I've seen people with DS straight up body block for teammates in some situations, like if the teammate is on death hook or NOED is up in the EGC. So long as they can crawl out within a minute there's no risk.This is ignoring synergies with Unbreakable, Tenacity, Soul Guard, Dead Hard, etc. that make it even more frustrating when used offensively.

There's a reason why DS is part of the meta. It's not flat out broken like the old DS was, but it's still way too strong.

• DrunkenXSMonkey8456
    DrunkenXSMonkey8456 Member Posts: 53

Ughh people complaining about perks again? You know what the real issue is. The players who use those dumb builds, the perks by themselves aren't op. You know what would resolve this issue. Perk limits. But everyone would go nuts if that happened so simply put. Nothing can be done. Just live with it. Fair or not its in the game and here to stay and outside of op builds its a necessary perk to help against slugging.

• Tjiani
    Tjiani Member Posts: 78

remove remove, nerf this nerf that... nerf pallets, flashlights, medkits, toolboxes, keys, DS, unbrekable... nerf self-Care, nerf adrenaline.. just nerf survivors!! all while tunneling, camping, pop, BBQ, NOED, iri hatches and moris still exists.. but as soon as someone just mentions touching some of this, killers go nuts.. no no all these things are all fine, they are acceptable playstyles...

And now you all start complaining about Long que times.. SMH... wonder why 🤣

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

The real solution is to remove the survivors and killers from the game.

• Bowls_of_Chili
    Bowls_of_Chili Member Posts: 25

Now, I'm absolutely a killer main myself and I hate second chance perks as much as the next guy, but isn't that the entire point of unbreakable? If you're having issues with it try only making two slugs at a time then hooking.

• You are asking the devs to remove a counter to your scummy playstyle, sounds like you just want to benefit yourself more than the community.

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    edited August 2020

I admit I haven't read the entire thread, but first genrushing is not a thing. Generators are literally the only objective. So when you say genrushing you are saying survivors shouldn't work on generators.

Second, would be curious what perks you were using. If you are having problems finding survivors I suggest tinkerer. If you don't have the mobility for that perk alone pair it with bitter murmer so you can see what direction the survivors head after a gen is done. Or toss on Corrupt Intervention and make the survivors that start far away move closer to do gens.

I think one of the problems is the majority of survivor perks are kinda meh. When survivors find a perk combo that works they stick with it.

Edit: I will admit you have a point about tbagging as that irritates me as well (and it doesn't matter if I am playing survivor or killer on that one)

• KnobbyGnome79
    KnobbyGnome79 Member Posts: 17

And you will just be right back here complaining they used unbreakable again...I agree slugging is part of the game and a legit tactic to use as a killer but unless you just started playing the game yesterday you are fully aware that unbreakable is a perk and a legit tactic to counter slugging as a survivor so there is a chance that it will be used. This would be like a survivor complaining about NOED and saying there is no counter... sure there is... do totems!

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221

No.👎🏻

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Sounds like you expect survivor's to want to play worm simulator. Sorry some people want to play a game. If your slugging till everyone is slugged. The issue is you, not a perk.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Learn how to get kills without slugging the whole team :)

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    edited August 2020

Ye can be frustrating but the problem is not the perk.

The problem is the overall balance of the game.

Killers are totally unbalanced. All killers have to be at the same level of danger and it's not the case.

Unbreakable is OP against a trapper or booba for exemple but it's not OP against a spirit/nurse.

I think that developpers have three things to do :

• put down everything on the table about the overall balance and rework high efficiency killers (they have the stats) by nerfing them and buffing the weakest ones
    • add an event during the game that has to be done to finish all gens or to open the door to make a game longer (like 2 minutes longer). I gave an idea on my previous post.
    • reworking some maps (for exemple The Game) that have way too many pallets/windows/walls (lack of visibility)

Then the game will be in a perfect state.

Also, 2 Kills should become the standard to consider a killer did a good job, 3rd and 4th kills should be considered as bonuses.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

LOL. You just need to hook them immediately. The hooks should not be far unless they stacked Petrified Oak which is incredibly rare.

Think of it this way, if you hook them right away, they carried that perk for nothing. It doesn't get used. You made that perk slot worthless.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

That wouldn't bother me personally, because I don't use adrenaline. I prefer to use perks that are beneficial throughout the entire match. Same when I'm playing killer. I never use noed. A good team will take out all totems like my squad does then you have wasted a perk slot. Devour Hope is my hex, and it usually gets taken out quickly because of crappy spawn location, so I'm testing new perks in that slot.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

You had 0 hooks and chose to slug. There’s no reason for you to leave them on the ground but to grief because even if they did have DS, they don’t have it activated considering you never hooked one of them.. you kinda caused this upon yourself.

Also, yes I am a Survivor main. That doesn’t render my comment false or illogical.