Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Good Oni Build?

DerZuntor
DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
edited August 2020 in Ask the Community

Hi,

I just bought Oni with Iridescent Shards and played my first Match as him. I dont really know whats good on him i got Nurse, Huntress, Myers, Legion, Hag and Ghostface on Level 50 whats the best Build with these Perks?

Thanks

Answers

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Hex: Ruin and Whispers are two great options. With these, I'd say Thrilling Tremors and either STBFL or Nurses.

Is there any other killers you have but haven't leveled up?

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

I have Trapper on Level 5, Wraith on Level 15, Hillbilly on Level 9. I also forgot to mention I have Pop goes the Weasel and Devour Hope from the Shrine.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

If you want, swap Hex: Ruin for PGTW. Other than that I say the build I mentioned above is solid.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited August 2020

Sloppy butcher is pretty good on the Oni as it means that even if they heal right away, survivors leave more blood orbs.

As above, thrilling plus either pop goes the weasel of Hex:ruin is a great combo! I wouldn't personally rate STBFL on him, though.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Out of those and the default I'd say probably discordance, pgtw, sloppy butcher and whispers or thrilling tremors (both to help for when you have no power)

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

You should Capitalize on his power. Utilize Blood Echo, Thanantaphobia, Nurses Calling, and try and get Infectious fright from Plague. This way you slow down the game with thanantaphobia, Can spot when people are healing, Utilize Blood echo to make everyone broken and use infectious fright to capitalize on down. I would Use sloppy butcher, pgtw, or whispers in the meantime though.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

No offense to Cheers, but definitely DON’T use STBFL on him. His biggest strength is snowballing within his power, which of course is a one hit down. So STBFL would be quite useless.

The main build most people use is BBQ, Pop, M&A and Infectious Fright. For good reason, it’s very good. BBQ works on any killer, plus Bloodpoints ya know? Pop is pop, best gen protection in the game. M&A can help with an early hit, which is really important, but it’s main stay is for its complimentary to infectious fright (increases range of infectious by 8 meters). Infectious is by far his best perk and should always be in your build unless you refuse to slug for whatever reason. Or if you want a bit more of a challenge.

Any information perk is fine if you don’t wanna use BBQ (discordance, whispers, thrilling tremors). Other than that, don’t really see the point of running anything else unless you just wanna switch stuff up for fun.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077
    edited August 2020

Of course assuming, if you can level up plague for infectious. I REALLY recommend you do so if you plan on playing him a lot.

Since you don’t have pop as well (EDIT: oh actually you do have pop, so definitely pop over Ruin), nor monitor, I’d say your best build would be Discordance/Thrilling, Whispers, Pop and Sloppy Butcher.