There a way to fix match making?

I just hit rank 1, and I have no clue HOW. I am not by any means a terrible player, but I'm definitely feeling as though the killers they put me against are just too hard for me at this rank. I'll play through the night and maybe get out once? Something about how you rank up currently seems incorrect.

Comments

• Ranked is a complete mess to be honest. It's pretty easy to rank up which puts people with less than 50 hours up against people with 1000+ hours and it's an issue not limited to rank 1.

Improvements to the rank system is a heavily requested thing and hopefully it happens or some progress towards it within the rest of the year but for now we have no choice but to deal with broken matchmaking.

• Witchaven
    Witchaven Member Posts: 36

@JackieEstacadoWhen said:
    Ranked is a complete mess to be honest. It's pretty easy to rank up which puts people with less than 50 hours up against people with 1000+ hours and it's an issue not limited to rank 1.

Improvements to the rank system is a heavily requested thing and hopefully it happens or some progress towards it within the rest of the year but for now we have no choice but to deal with broken matchmaking.

Yea it's really weird, like at rank 1 I'll face off against killers who are just WAY better players than I am. And it makes no sense that they'd put me against them. I don't want to de-pip myself by just dropping game after game, because I know how much I hate it when people randomly drop like that in matches I'm playing. But man I'm starting to understand at least why they do it, who wants to face off against killers you stand no chance against? Kills the game for you then.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Witchaven said:
    I just hit rank 1, and I have no clue HOW. I am not by any means a terrible player, but I'm definitely feeling as though the killers they put me against are just too hard for me at this rank. I'll play through the night and maybe get out once? Something about how you rank up currently seems incorrect.

Survivors cried that piping is too easy so devs gave them their participation reward. Most survivors are happy now.

You cant really talk about "ranking" in this game.
    Multiple red ranks can easily verse a beginner killer at rank 15, that alone is already ridiculous