The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Well This seems fun.

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Tourney level 4 man swf against wraith. All gens done in like 4 minutes. But btw nerf spirit when shes one of the only killers MADE to compete with this. And team oracle at the end even said they've beaten tons of high level spirits and nurses even so even if tru3 used spirit he "wouldnt even get a 2k". Not to say all swfs are like this but this does show a fundamental problem with wraith. (He kinda sucks as he feels like old doctor and freddy you can't attack unless ya come out of invis which gives the survivor pleanty of time to deny you). And if he beat them in customs then "spirit op" if not people just say hes a bad spirit.

Comments

• supersonic853

Well there was literally nothing he could do they were tourney players so they know every loop every possible pallet location probably and the best build to counter every killer.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

@supersonic853

Oh somehow he knew she was good? Gotcha.

Instead he spent his time b*tching about it and they got 5 gens instead.

He is clearly bad with Wraith and should stick with Spirit, It’s more his skill level.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

She was at shack with the pallet.

It would have been game throwing to even bother that early.

Ps. If they are actively vault spamming they are trying to be chased aka they are most likely good.

• supersonic853

They did have spine chill so idk if it completly ruins the point of all seeing though.

• Johnny_XMan

@supersonic853

No. What I said was HE needs to stick to killers who HE clearly does better with.

I can’t really take anyone serious who misses their first swing after they have spent 2 minutes trying to decide who to commit to a chase to. I mean normally that is the problem ...is finding someone.

He made the choice to leave that healthy Claudette alone, while not having a guarantee that she was good or bad. You can’t complain about the result when you made the first move.

• supersonic853
  • Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

Against gen rushing survivors, with wraith, I understand why they call him overrated now. Wraith is probably the worst option for thanaplays unless you're against ranks 20.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

They didn’t all have Spine Chill and it can still be a counter to it as all Spine Chill does is let you know the killer is looking at you. You being able to actually see their aura makes it easier for you. Plus, once you know somebody has it, you just moonwalk.

I’m not trying to claim that a good SWF aren’t harder to face than a team of randoms, because obviously they are. But if you watch the match properly he just spent it complaining without actually trying to do anything. You can tell he just gave up by the way he just walked into pallet stuns.

Did the survivors play strong? They did. But did True fumble a lot of stuff and make it easier on them? He sure did. If he would have timed his hit on Dwight better and potentially downed him, he could have started to build momentum. But he just had zero pressure throughout the game and we all know once that happens if you have competent survivors the gens are going to get done fast.

• supersonic853
    edited August 2020

Another problem is like he says in the comments against godly survivor teams you need to have like the best build or a "high tier" killer but its to hard for survivors to run iron will against spirit which is literally a decent perk on its own anyway? You shouldnt be forced to play the best of the best killers to face a optimum swf. That's the problem with this game. Theres good killers that can deal with them (nurse and spirit) then they get nerfed because their "to strong" hell billy couldnt do crap against decent teams yet still got nerfed.

• TheLastGreatStar

As I said earlier in the thread, this is just an agenda that needs to stop. Why am I and plenty of other players able to beat teams like this as Michael or Deathslinger? I also have plenty of hours in this game and I’ve gone against a lot of teams like the ones in the video. I never once thought to myself “I wish I was playing as Spirit.” As I personally don’t like playing as her. When I want an ‘easy’ match I’ll play as Michael as for me, he’s the best killer in the game as he’s who I am most comfortable with. It’s a player issue. Not a killer one.

I don’t get why he brought up Nurses either when he’s using an add-on that lets you see auras? Wouldn’t Nurses with those add-ons be completely useless?

• supersonic853
    edited August 2020

Nurses Has double the range at 24 meters. Also me and my 4 man swf can get on right now put on decent perks and absolutely destroy a spirit so does she need nerfed then? Its the same thing as you playing michael against a decent team (who i highly doubt are tourney players because michael is rarely used in tourney because its very easy to loop a m1 killer)

• TheLastGreatStar

I know. But it’s still a waste of a perk slot. If I’m using an add-on that comes with aura reading abilities, I don’t see the point in using it. The range is smaller but the benefits are greater as it’s not only limited to people being healed.

• Nvminer
    Nvminer Member Posts: 21

If u want to play just for fun with meme build simpy stay away from rank 1. As in any "competitive" game if u want to be top player u have to fit in current meta cuz otherwise u simply wont stand a chance.

• supersonic853

Also the problem is with the aura reading one you need a bell silencer addon or else its kinda useless as wraith is meant to ambush survivors with those 2.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited August 2020

@Zaonhort

Again. I didn’t say he shouldn’t use all available killers. If he has the audacity to say that only Spirit and Nurse can win against those type of people, he is wrong and he should stick to the killers where his skill level comfort zone is at. Which in his opinion is Spirit and Nurse.

I don’t play Huntress, because I am bad with her. That doesn’t mean she is bad...She is just not in my skill comfort zone. It’s a pretty simply concept.

You can’t predict a match because of “feel” , most people who throw a pallet right away aren’t normally good at looping. It’s why they feed pallets in the first place.

• supersonic853
    edited August 2020

Id say maybe can compete is a wrong choice of wording but they do have the best chance as spirit completely turns chases the other way. And nurse if ya can time your blinks and predict its easy downs. Against a good team of loopers who are genrushing you need a killer who can get quick downs and apply pressure. Wraith is definitely not it and its a problem. Even maybe if he played optimum i doubt hed have gotten more than a 1k as it was like 3 bts and 2 ds's.

• TheLastGreatStar

I personally pair it with the add-on that makes him move faster and do just fine with it. For me, the strength comes from knowing exactly what survivors are doing and being able to patrol gens without having to really ‘look’ for people hiding nearby. I rarely play Wraith as I don’t have a lot of good perks on him. But I’ve won against 4-man teams when using that add-on as I just find it very strong. This whole video wasn’t a good example as True makes so many errors and gives up. He literally spends the entire match talking about Spirit nerfs and how he isn’t having fun. I watched the entire video and at no point did I think “that was unavoidable” he just made a series of mistakes and created no pressure.

To reply to your edited message, I don’t think Spirit needs any nerfs. I run Spine Chill a lot though, so I don’t have any problem with her. I don’t think she’s as good as people say she is as I constantly see her being destroyed in matches. Again, it’s the player that’s good. Not the killer. No killer hands somebody a free win.

• supersonic853
    edited August 2020

Spine Chill+iron will kinda makes spirits entire thing pointless. You know shes coming and are completely silent (unless she has stridor then your half as loud as normal). He literally posted a video a week ago where he had to play as no mither iron will against spirit and outplayed her so much because he was completly silent even with stridor (even though he was perma broken)

• TheLastGreatStar

I mean, I’m consistently a rank 1 survivor and a rank 1 killer and it’s been that way for almost 3 years now. Also please don’t try to insinuate that hours spent = skill level as it really doesn’t. You could play all day, every day and still not get any better. Just the same way people can try to learn to play an instrument and some people either ‘get it’ or they don’t.

Just because True streams DBD as his job doesn’t mean he isn’t open to criticism. Nobody is perfect and he fumbled this match. Was he against a competent team? He sure was. Did he make it easier and give up? He sure did.

I’ll always give credit where it’s due and I have nothing against True. Why would I? I’ve never met the guy and my only knowledge of him is from the videos posted on these forums. But in my opinion he should have left this video in the vault. As he’s tying to use it to push an agenda which is “You need Spirit to beat teams like this” when in reality the video is “Watch me mess up and make a match easier for a SWF”

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Oh and by the way. Also Tournament teams in tryhard mode get destroyed, even by players who are not on tournament level.

• supersonic853
    edited August 2020

I Mean both of those killers Are considered op and need nerfs by the community like tru3 said. The one is literally spirit. Lol

• xEa

I know, i am just wondering what this video actually should mean? Whats the topic, the message behind this? It is not a catch question or anything, i simply dont get the point of posting one video of an overrated, mediocre player who is playing the Wraith against a strong team. Obviously he will loose since all 4 of the survivors were more skilled and it is no hot news that Wraith is one of the weaker killer.

Sidenote: I won against a 30K hours Tournament Squad with Wraith and there are better Wraith players out there. Is Wraith now viable?

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2020

Not a fan of Tru3 but I happened to watch this live and he really wanted to play against them again with Spirit but his viewers were telling him not to waste his time and they’re not worth it, etc. His last question to that swf group was “were you sniping?”, the server timed out after that. Lol.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Everyone knows about the pace of games and the little control killers may have depending on the survivors they face but that doesn't change the fact he got his first hook after 5 minutes which is -no matter how you put it- a miserable performance and thus can't be used as a balance argument.

You can NOT balance a game around killers that get their first hook after 5 minutes.

That being said the devs have already stated there's gonna be that Early Game Change down the road so obviously they are aware of everything.

However given the fact most killers perform well more often than not this Early Game Change may not actually be all that impactful.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

Oh I am not defending his performance in this game. I am making an overall statement from other posts people make constantly about him. "You should learn from a better killer than him", "There are way better killers than him", but whenever you actually read why these people don't like him it usually comes out they just dont like that he speaks his mind, also a majority who don't are survivor mains and they don't like the facts he stats about them being in control of the game at the highest level of play.

• KillScreen
    KillScreen Member Posts: 166

Freddy regression penalties have been nerfed. He's not as viable as he was before.

• xEa

The problem with True is that he is not really getting any better since years and he has a hard time adjusting to changes in general. And last but not least, he is ALWAYS blaming the game for his mistakes, which make him look like a fool.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Teams like this are near impossible to win with low-mid tier killers unless they do some horrible misplays. They'll just insta throw pallets and sit on gens, then leave. Chasing power is pretty much needed to outplay these safe pallet throws.

Yeah Tru3 could have played better but that doesn't change the fact that their gameplay revolved completely around safe pallet throws and extremely fast gens so they don't have face consequences of wasting pallets. Very interactive gameplay indeed.

I would be fine with such playstyles if people didn't complain about killers like nurse, spirit, deathslinher, PH etc "don't have counterplay" and need severe nerfs to be fair towards bad players who are unable to play on high level like these can.

• xEa

You cant get better then rank 1? My friend, Rank 1 is where the game really starts to become slightly competetive. The skillrange within rank 1 is probably pretty much like the skillrange between 20-2. Beeing rank 1 does not mean you are a good player now.

About sweaty SWF teams: Because everytime he is struggeling, he goes against a strong SWF team.. in his eyes. When you watch better players it seems like they dont go against the super strong players all the time, because they make it look easy to win against decent survivors. Compare movement from a player like Umbra, Zub or Fungoose with TrueTalent (which is one of his main problems) and it should be pretty obvious why games are much harder for him.

His lack of skill compared to stronger content creators make it look like he is all the time up against the best, while he is not. His ego is a big issue.

I watched him when i started playing the game, but realised relatively quick that he does the same mistakes over and over all the time, and he is not learning from them, most likely because of his mindset.

I am not saying dont watch him, but he is a very bad example when it is about ballancing the game.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

We can't say whether or not they are SWF, only he can. He is the one able to check steam profiles we can't. Secondly we all know in red ranks there will be minimum 2 SWF in every single match. I don't even recall the last time I had an entirely solo queue lobby in red ranks.

• EntitledBabySurv
    EntitledBabySurv Member Posts: 5

This guy trying to force this narrative that true is just bad and those specific streamers he mentioned are way better is just funny. Fungoose is a terrific player, however there is not a single video on his youtube account were he actually faces competent players, both playing killer or survivor. On top of that he always plays swf when playing survivor, so no "my guy" lol, you are not right. Just compare the caliber of these survivors and bear in mind this guy is mentioning these streamers like they were the real thing

The main issue is the lack of objectivity in people

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

The problem is that they’re in two different worlds. Most casual players complain about tunnelling and camping for example, but if you watch a tournament you’ll see both those things quite often and the survivors don’t complain about it because they know it’s necessary. It’s basically impossible to compete against a good tournament team with a low tier killer or without some amount of tunnelling. Tournaments also put restrictions or bans on certain perks, add ons and items for a reason.

DBD is really not designed or balanced for comp play, and most of the player base doesn’t even know that DBD tournaments exist. 99% of the player base is casual. The people who want killers like Spirit or PH nerfed are casual players, because we want the casual game experience to be fun. (I’m not using “casual” to be derogatory btw, I’m a casual player 100%.) Comp players usually won’t complain about killers being OP or needing nerfs because they know that against a tournament team, even an amazing Nurse isn’t guaranteed anything.

• supersonic853

Then Like tru3 says the killer gets nerfed for the casual players spreading the gap between killers and survivors in top level/tournament play. When already up there all you got is spirit and nurse. A good michael might be amazing but he obviously lacks pressure as hes a m1 killer. A freddy is still a m1 killer even though he can teleport and slowdown.