If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What Do Killers Do When Not In a Trial?

Options
Leatherbilly
Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384

I know the dev stream back a little while said they aren't kept together but alluded towards the possibility they can in fact reach one another on occasion.

Where are they? What do they do while they're there? How long is it between trials, or is there no "time" between trials because "time is relative in the Fog" yadda yadda?

Comments

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

@Leatherbilly said:

@RagingCalm said:
    According to McCote in a dev stream once, the Killers go to a campfire just like the survivors, and the Killers also do not know that other killers exist. They are kind of kept in little "entity bubbles" and sometimes bubbles overlap and when they do, [???].
    I don't know if that answers the question. I kind of feel like the devs don't even know about their own lore, and just make it up as they go along.

If the bubbles occasionally overlap and killers have seen each-other, they must know of their mutual existence. Did they fight? Did they throw a bloody streamer party? Did Leatherface share his BBQ?

Nothing was said(at least, nothing that I can remember).

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2018
    Options

I like to think that a few of them get along, but the nature of them would say otherwise.

All things considered though, I like the thought of 1-3 of them getting along. Maybe some of the "more sane" ones.

• Leatherbilly
    Options

I mean Leatherface ultimately does as the Entity pleases, but isn't good company. Wraith probably reviles everyone else because he's a pretty tragic case.

• Leatherbilly
    Options

@Science_Guy said:

@RagingCalm said:
    According to McCote in a dev stream once, the Killers go to a campfire just like the survivors, and the Killers also do not know that other killers exist. They are kind of kept in little "entity bubbles" and sometimes bubbles overlap and when they do, [???].
    I don't know if that answers the question. I kind of feel like the devs don't even know about their own lore, and just make it up as they go along.

Must have been really confusing for all of them when those hatchets randomly started showing up in the lockers.

LMAO

• Leatherbilly
    Options

Which killers would even get along? They're basically all psychotic except Wraith.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Leatherbilly said:
    Which killers would even get along? They're basically all psychotic except Wraith.

I feel most likely would be Wraith, Freddy, and Pig

I wanted to put Anna in there, but not sure.

All we got is backstory to go off of, and I am not an expert on sanity and how it and the entity could affect their minds :lol:

• Leatherbilly
    Options

Wraith would likely hate everyone else. He only ever killed because he was tricked into murdering inthe first place.

• YankeeSan
    YankeeSan Member Posts: 32
    Options

coughcoughcoughOddfellowscoughcough

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    Options

@Michael_Myers said:
    I usually sit behind a bush and just watch people by the campfire. No different than what I did before I arrived in the entity's realm :)

may i just point out that this guy is comic master

• Boxohobo
    Boxohobo Member Posts: 50
    Options

Before the dev stream I just assumed they wandered around looking for survivors and when they found them a trail starts. For them the only down time is hunting. I guess it's nice they get their own fire though? Gotta stay warm?

• Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36
    Options

@RagingCalm said:

Pretty much why I don't question too many things regarding lore in this game lol. You can tell by the "uhhhh" and answering a question with a question whenever lore questions are brought up in the streams that they don't have a clue and just try to wing it. About the only real thought that's put into it are the backstories for the characters which are pretty fantastic honestly so I wish they would give us real lore info from time to time.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Hag and Leatherface probably get along just fine.
  • DrBoneSaw
    DrBoneSaw Member Posts: 39
    Options

Party in da basement.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options

Someone already stated that killers never gather in one spot. However it was indicated that killers occasionally bump into each other. I think this would play out as:
    Michael bumps into Hillbilly.
    Hillbilly bumps into Michael.
    They stare at each other for a second.
    The entity whispers for both to move on.
    The two killers walk past each other.

I believe every killer does something different. Michael continues hunting for Laurie, Hillbilly relentlessly hunts something to kill, animal or person. The Clown checks the fingers on his chain.

• The_Trapper
    Options

Also, we know killers are aware of offerings that they have to throw into the fire, such as the wreaths.

• jester
    jester Member Posts: 31
    Options

It's said that they "aren't enjoying themselves" and some of them have to be coerced into killing. I believe that in-between trials- The Entity it torturing them to keep them in line. (sorry if this has already been said!)

• Leatherbilly
    Options

@jester said:
    It's said that they "aren't enjoying themselves" and some of them have to be coerced into killing. I believe that in-between trials- The Entity it torturing them to keep them in line. (sorry if this has already been said!)

It hasn't been said yet. Yeah by the description of Leatherface's mark add-ons, Billy's mark add-ons and NOED, the Entity doesn't exactly treat them to some down time in-between trials.

It's curious to me that Leatherface would get it though, considering his entire existence, in the movie and in DBD lore, is loyal, willful subservience.

• jester
    jester Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2018
    Options

Interesting! Yeah I've heard/read things about how killers who enjoy killing (Freddy, Amanda, Micheal, Leatherface) don't take any convincing or coercing. However, the spikes and hooks sticking out of The Trapper, The Nurse being suffocated by a pillow case, and The Doctor's mouth and eyelids stapled open are all forms of Entity torture.

@Leatherbilly said:

@jester said:

It hasn't been said yet. Yeah by the description of Leatherface's mark add-ons, Billy's mark add-ons and NOED, the Entity doesn't exactly treat them to some down time in-between trials.

It's curious to me that Leatherface would get it though, considering his entire existence, in the movie and in DBD lore, is loyal, willful subservience.

• Leatherbilly
    Options

@The_Trapper said:
    Someone already stated that killers never gather in one spot. However it was indicated that killers occasionally bump into each other. I think this would play out as:

I believe every killer does something different. Michael continues hunting for Laurie, Hillbilly relentlessly hunts something to kill, animal or person. The Clown checks the fingers on his chain.

Neither one, in fact no killer to our knowledge, understands the Entity.

• The_Trapper
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Leatherbilly said:

@The_Trapper said:

Neither one, in fact no killer to our knowledge, understands the Entity.

If you play the PTB Killer tutorial, the Entity talks to you, the Killer.
    If you read the ebony memento mori it says; "I could swear it spoke to the beast. It came to a halt, as if calmly listening to the leaves rustling, and then...grinned."
    The Ivory Memento Mori also quotes a killer by saying; "Grant me the favor of killing one." - This heavily implies that a Killer (Perhaps not a playable one) understands and speaks to the Entity.
    The Cypress Memento Mori reads as: "You did well. The last one is yours." - We can make an educated assumption that the Entity is talking to the killer, the same way it says "Wiggle little worm, wiggle." in the tutorial, so the killer can without a doubt understand the Entity.
    With the information I provided, i'd stake my life that the Killer understands the Entity is in control, and that it speaks to the Killer.

• TheRealHansGruber
    TheRealHansGruber Member Posts: 204
    Options

The Entity would make them get along (more so if they have to work together, 2v8 sorta thing)

• Leatherbilly
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Taretsu said:
    What do they do?? Well they gather at The Cool Killers Club, of course!

or wait... was it The Hookers?

Nea and the PUSSYCATS!

No no no, everyone knows it's Freddy's Bitches.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Taretsu said:

Nea and the PUSSYCATS!

No no no, everyone knows it's Freddy's Bitches.

What I said, I mean what Leatherface said
  • simbär
    simbär Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2018
    Options

If they aren't in a trial they camp the campfire. If they are in a trial they camp the hooked survivor. Simple as that.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
    simbär said:

If they aren't in a trial they camp the campfire. If they are in a trial they camp the hooked survivor. Simple as that.

Hey now, you know they have to get their practice in so they can “git gud” 
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

@jester said:
    Interesting! Yeah I've heard/read things about how killers who enjoy killing (Freddy, Amanda, Micheal, Leatherface) don't take any convincing or coercing. However, the spikes and hooks sticking out of The Trapper, The Nurse being suffocated by a pillow case, and The Doctor's mouth and eyelids stapled open are all forms of Entity torture.

@Leatherbilly said:

@jester said:

Let's not forget about the Hag. She got that claw from somewhere, and I don't think it was from her time being eaten.

• Wyvern740
    Wyvern740 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Given the little scraps of flavor text on perks like Monstrous Shrine, Tinkerer, and all the wreaths I tend to think that they spend their time maintaining their hunting grounds and equipment or worshipping the Entity while not being tortured.
  • ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114
    ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114 Member Posts: 45
    Options

asesinus anonimus!!!!!

• Der_dasMann
    Der_dasMann Member Posts: 8
    Options

I could imagen them staying in their realms, Amanda in the Game, Trapper in McMillan etc. doing stuff like keeping their equipment clean and sharp.

But I could see Freddy watching Freddy vs Jason with Myers and Leatherface.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,473
    Options

@Der_dasMann said:
    I could imagen them staying in their realms, Amanda in the Game, Trapper in McMillan etc. doing stuff like keeping their equipment clean and sharp.

But I could see Freddy watching Freddy vs Jason with Myers and Leatherface.

Freddy watching the downfall of the F13 Game and saying something like "Haha suck it Jason, I win afterall!"

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Killers would get along? Well, just gonna drop it here.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Taretsu said:

Nea and the PUSSYCATS!

I thought it was Freddy's bitches?

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Taretsu said:

Nea and the PUSSYCATS!

dang it you beat me here... by like 8 days but i was gonna say that!!

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options

@Taretsu said:

FREDDY'S BITCHES

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@Taretsu said:

FREDDY'S BITCHES

Two people best you that as well. And I thought we were going with Killers Anonymous

• Leatherbilly
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@Taretsu said:

FREDDY'S BITCHES

Two people best you that as well. And I thought we were going with Killers Anonymous

Me like Noob Stompers.

• Trapper_Licker
    Trapper_Licker Member Posts: 10
    Options

If you play the PTB Killer tutorial, the Entity talks to you, the Killer.

I doubt that this is actually The Entity talking. The textboxes are titled "The Voices" and speak of Entity in third person. I think we rather have an altogether new character on our hands here.

Maybe the remains of survivors that lost hope, now cheering on the killers, hoping for the demise of their former team mates? Or wishing to diminish their own suffering by pleasing the Entity? Who knows. I'm not even sure what to consider "canon" anymore with all the odd stuff they have introduced with the new store...
    The Voices might put the voice lines we get from Whispers into a new perspective though.

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

@Leatherbilly said:

@Jack11803 said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@Taretsu said:

FREDDY'S BITCHES

Me like Noob Stompers.

Um, I voted for "The Hookers"...

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

It would be kinda hilarious if they had to fix up the camp that the survivors go to every night. Like they get free range of murder in the field, but after they pitch the tents, collect the wood, etc. hahaha

• axlehead72
    axlehead72 Member Posts: 28
    Options

If killers don't interact with each other, then how can they learn teachables from each other??