Make NOED a Perk again - not a Hex

I know, this was done probably years ago, but my question is why?
What was the reasoning behind turning No One Escapes Death into a Hex Perk?
Even putting a limited timer on it at one point before turning it into a Hex Perk?

NOED is meant to be a thing to force Survivors to get out as soon as possible and avoid the Killer by any means necessary, or get caught. Just like that.
NOED is an endgame perk that applies the Exposed status effect on Survivors when the gates are powered. It is meant to put pressure on the Survivors during the endgame, to get the hell out fast or die.
This is good for punishing trolls and toxic players who intentionally stay in the Trial just to antagonise the Killer. With NOED they would get more than they bargained for once they're thrown straight onto a hook.
But it's a Hex, so there's no fear - just find and destroy the totem and get right back into your toxic escapades.
Without NOED, Survivors are literally safe when the gates are open. Do whatever they want until they take a hit, then bolt for the gate and get out. Just like that.
With NOED, that doesn't happen. Straight onto a hook you go.

Make NOED into a normal Perk like it used to be. As it exists currently, it's the only Killer perk in the game that can be disabled before being activated, and the sole purpose of it is to catch Survivors at the end of the game. It shouldn't be in the Survivors' hands to decide whether they are safe or not at the end of the game.

Comments

• Witchaven
    Witchaven Member Posts: 36

I can think of a great reason for this not to happen, because once those generators are finished, about 90% of killers camp the guy on the hook. Meaning getting hooked at the end (even if you'd never been hooked before that) would mean certain death.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Witchaven said:

I can think of a great reason for this not to happen, because once those generators are finished, about 90% of killers camp the guy on the hook. Meaning getting hooked at the end (even if you'd never been hooked before that) would mean certain death.

Yet the devs encourage camping. They accept it as a strategy, hell they even make perks that support camping. That’s why Insidious exists.
    I’m very sure endgame hook camping will not, in the slightest, discourage BHVR from turning NOED back into a normal Perk.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

When they introduced the timer to this perk, they wanted to discourage people from camping exit gates with infinite NOED, making it extremely difficult to escape if gates spawned too close to each other. Imagine camping them, and whenever a Survivor appeared you would chase them down and down them in one hit before other survivors could open the gate.

With this in mind, they wanted killers to look for Survivors to actually make use of this perk. While their intention was good, I kind of feel it didnt really work out. Waiting for 2 minutes and then resuming your tasks, didnt seem particularly fun, even though it encouraged stealth play styles.

In any case, then it got changed into a hex. I still feel iffy about this perk, but I guess it does its job nowadays. Even though it was originally (and still is) an endgame perk, it also helps with the overall game. If you get gen rushed, then survivors will have to deal with those consequences.

• Rozenlied
    Rozenlied Member Posts: 22

@Judgement said:
    Witchaven said:

Yet the devs encourage camping. They accept it as a strategy, hell they even make perks that support camping. That’s why Insidious exists.
    I’m very sure endgame hook camping will not, in the slightest, discourage BHVR from turning NOED back into a normal Perk.

There's always someone who runs Borrowed Time nowadays, because there is only ONE killer capable of protecting the hooked survivor well against good survivors: Leatherface.

Survivors are in 4. You can't actually handle 3 of them trying to rescue one guy. If you pick the one rescuing, the other two will. Killers can only focus one person at a time. If you hit, it's the same story.

LF can hold down the Chainsaw button and wait until someone is foolish enough.

Also, devs encourage camping because camping doesn't give that much points to the killer. If survivors were less altruistic, they could gen rush the ######### out of Killers and escape unharmed.

Being camped, on the other hand, is an extremely boring thing to go through, tho, I have to admit.