We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Minor Skill-Indexed Leatherface Buff

Options
Leatherbilly
Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384
edited May 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Suggestion

If Leatherface taps M2 instead of holding it, he will feign revving his chainsaw for one second (looks and sounds as it would if he really were revving), but he will neither rev his chainsaw up nor be slowed down. The effect is purely aesthetic, and has a very brief delay before it will work again to prevent perpetual spamming.

Justification

This is lore consistent, as he constantly revved his chainsaw mid-chase in all of his cinematic portrayals without slowing down.

It's skill indexed for both sides, as it allows Bubba to mind-game by feeding survivors imperfect information, as currently his chainsaw is a relaxing sound; it means you can loop him again without fear of being hit.

It's minor and won't make him overpowered.

It adds depth and skill to a killer that too many brand as straightforward or brain-dead.

Comments

• Leatherbilly
    Options

Anyone care about Leatherface?,....

• Leatherbilly
    Options

2 vote downs yet no explanation as to why you dislike the idea. Classy.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Leatherbilly said:
    2 vote downs yet no explanation as to why you dislike the idea. Classy.

Nothing can be as classy as you pretty woman~

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66
    Options

I love this idea. Mindgames and fakeouts are both things the game needs more of. Upvoted.

• Leatherbilly
    Options

@Fropps said:
    I love this idea. Mindgames and fakeouts are both things the game needs more of. Upvoted.

That's exactly what I want to see in more killers. I want tools that take skill for killers to exploit while still being something that survivors can outplay.

• MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80
    Options

Wouldn't do too much, but would be welcomed especially when the game is lacking mindgames. But I doubt they'll add it.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@MeowLux said:
    Wouldn't do too much, but would be welcomed especially when the game is lacking mindgames. But I doubt they'll add it.

Yeah I bet they'll add more pallets because ya know, 20+ per map ain't enough for the poor rank 20 survs

• Leatherbilly
    edited June 2018
    Options

This is also a multiple-realizable suggestion, from dynamic slow-down as to not slow at the first second but slow down more later, or adding it as a separate mechanic entirely, and many other different ways.