Suggestion for the supposed insta-heal nerfs.

I heard in a previous livestream or Q&A from BHVR that they were considering giving insta-heals the same or similar treatment to the Brand New Part, by which I mean a nerf.
But when they nerfed BNPs they probably nerfed them a little bit too hard. I just wanted to bring forward my idea for a change to insta-heals so they aren't made absolutely worthless or still made too powerful.

Actually I had two different ways that they could go;
The first one being halving the healing effect of both insta-heal items. The Styptic Agent will instantly restore 50% of healing progress, while the syringe will instantly restore a single health state. This would prevent players from using a syringe to instantly max out the health of a Survivor who just got downed after a long chase with the Killer, starting it all over from square one. Instead they'd be picked up back to Injured only.
Same way as with BNP, using either of these shouldn't consume the medkit immediately, nor should they reduce charges. Like, why carry around a medical kit if you only have a bottle of powder or a needle full of drugs in it, you know?

The second idea is that both of them, or only one, can give a gradual increase to healing over a period of time. Just use it on a Survivor and healing will start progressing on its own over time, to the equivalent of one or two health states, similar to how the insta-heals are now.
Except, if a Survivor is to be hit by the Killer while this is occurring, the effect will be stopped immediately.
At the very least, this one will ensure that a Survivor won't drop a pallet and insta-heal behind it while the Killer is breaking it.

Any other ideas from anybody else regarding insta-heal changes?

Comments

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    edited September 2018

I like the second idea with gradual progress but I would like to test if it won't be too weak if it stops in chase(only temporarily) but on the other hand they instantly pick up downed survivor... or better have it only on the syringe and the other one would only start the gradual progress of recovery timer that will pick up survivor after few seconds making up for some cool plays.
    It would be much better then you finally catching that pro looper only to have one of his teammates run up to him and insta heal him to full which isn't very fun.

I would also look at adrenaline as a perk