Make it so you can pick the server you're playing on.

I'm simply tired of playing on the ######### russian servers. When I solo queue survivor I usually get brainless apes in my team or a killer that just facecamps and then uses noed to get his 4k and every single time they are russians. I want the old toronoto server type thing back.

Comments

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2020

I wish we could choose our servers like other online games. I’m in Asia but sometimes I get players from NA in my lobby. I honestly don’t know how servers work in this game.

• stargazer9
    edited August 2020

Also, I’m pretty sure Russians don’t have their own servers. I really want them to get their own servers though so they can only play with each other.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

There is no Russian server. Most of them connect to Frankfurt (Ger) or to a server in Asia (no idea where).

I wish there was a Russian server, because they all have higher ping (150 and up) wich gives killers some odd hits around windows and pallets.

I can understand your frustration with sweaty killers from Russia. I also get them here in Germany a lot. (Face) camping, Tunneling or a tunnel-mori without reason (reason= desperately need pressure, late game, Object, etc) is not considered as a nice way to play, but it is not a bannable offense or similar. Some people just don't chose to follow the Honor Code of DBD. I know it is hard to accept this, but we have to.

You can actually guess where you are connecting to by looking at your ping.

For me it is: 30-50ms Frankfurt, 60-80ms London, 130ms probably US etc...

I would like to see the server the game is connecting me to. Just 3 letters of the city or the country where the server is that I am connected to.

I.e. Frankfurt= Fra or Ger, London= Lon or GB

• stargazer9
    edited August 2020

For me it’s not the camping, tunneling, etc. at all. My experience playing with Russian players has always been bad. They’re so toxic and they troll a lot. I’m not saying all of them but most of the ones I played with have been like that. Not even in this game only but the other online games I play. I’ll give you one example. I was in a match and the killer suddenly DC’d in the middle of the match. We finished all gens and I went to the exit gate to open it. This Russian player was standing there blocking it. So I go to the other gate and there too this other Russian player was doing the same thing (swf). They would not move at all. After about 10-15 mins they opened the exit gate. In the post game chat they kept talking in Russian and I could tell they were angry. When we asked them why they would do something like that??? They said because we don’t like quitters. I was sooo pissed. The killer dc’d and they decided to punish us and waste our time. So yeah, they do things that raises your blood pressure. It’s not about slugging, camping or any of these things whatsoever.

edit: i mistakenly said ‘killer dc’d’ when I meant to say afk.

Post edited by stargazer9 on
  • LapisInfernalis

I don't know if I understood you right.

The killer dc'ed and they blocked the gates? How is that possible? When the killer dc's the match ends. Or did he go afk?

If the latter is the case, those two Russians were complete ######### who you reported, I hope.

I never had such teammates. My usual daily russian experience is what I described. Tryhards and sweaty killers or toxic Survivors who DC when they get found and down one minute into the match.

I can't decide what's worse though.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I don't want to pick on a specific party or something but yeah... Russians are so tryhardy, toxic etc. I always have terrible matches when with or against them.

• stargazer9
  • LapisInfernalis

Oh. OK. I hope they get banned.

I had a 3man Russian toxic swf on the PTB yesterday while I was playing solo q. They tagged, hopped in and out of lockers whether I was next to them or not, used mouse wheel macros with their flashlights etc...

Such behavior is not necessary on the PTB. Or at all.