Why are survivors punished because killers are ass at the game?

I constantly see dumb ass killer mains tunneling, camping, and down right being dumb as hell because they're mad at survivors. They constantly use gen rushing or SWF as an excuse to do these things but what else are survivors supposed to do? Doing gens is the objective, why are you mad? SWF shouldn't even be an issue. If you can't counter a well coordinated team that says something about YOU as a killer. YOU'RE bad. Survivors don't owe you easy games because you're too brain dead to do your job efficiently. Survivors shouldn't have a disadvantage because they want to play a TEAM BASED game with their friends and work as a TEAM.

Comments

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

This isn’t directly related to the post, but do you play on PS4 or PC?

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

New killers l understand l would have camped and tunneled as well.

red rank killers pretty much always proxy camp, they are always in range to get the unhook for a slug

both sides the higher you go the sweatier it gets

• momkisser
    momkisser Member Posts: 4

Except it's not that efficient. You're so desperate for one whole kill because you can't get one any other way. Your object isn't to stand in front of a survivor :)

• momkisser
    momkisser Member Posts: 4

Lmao i've gone against many skilled killers and lost. I'm not mad because the games aren't an easy win, i'm mad that it takes no skill to stand infront of a hooked survivor until they die and then turn around and act like they're the best killer in the game.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

This. Heaven forbids that we're against players providing info to each other using coms and there's barely an efficient counter for that.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

Damn as a red rank cheers for telling me exactly how I play! Didn't realising teleporting to the other side of map was still proxy camping but thanks for explanation!! 😁

• MotherOfRaccoons
    MotherOfRaccoons Member Posts: 38

I don't mean "chasing you endlessly until the last gen pops". I mean hunting you down fast, then again as soon as you're unhooked. Then one last time. If I do this when there are still 2-3 gens left, it's almost a guaranteed win. I can deal with the rest of survivors later.

Look, I don't care at all how it makes you feel. Tunneling one survivor as soon as possible is one of the best ways of playing. Your happiness is up to you. I got a job to do ;)

Also, don't generalize and say "killers cry about genrush". Smart ones don't. I don't blame you for doing your objective. I just do my best not to let you.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

I thought that's what "the survivors rulebook for killers" was for? XD

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Then you're a bad survivor. I had a fairly coordinated solo team on lerys. They didnt loop pallets at all just threw them down and ran.

That SHOULD be an easy win for killer, but 13 pallets later, they still had pallets and the gens were done. I did everything a killer should do, and there was nothing that could be done, simply because they split up on gens.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

If a killer is camping someone then punish them by doing gens. Simple.

Sure they'll get a kill, but they'll likely lose their gens as well as any chance of more kills, depip, and make pitiful points.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Doesn't take much skill to hide all game and than T Bag at the exit pretending your some divine player either. You know when your teammates get hooked and you could of saved them, but sat in the corner.

• cranzer
    cranzer Member Posts: 26

It's not camping or tunneling. It's 99'ing the survivors life state. Strategy. Play better get wrekt less.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Maybe because killers have 4 objectives to work on and playing that way is pretty much ignoring most of them. It robs the survivors of the opportunity to even play and hurts everyone's points. Without chases, offhooks and killer interaction there is no game. So camping and tunneling just nullify a lot of the actual game for both sides. It is not their objective in any way. It is players with poor skills using the easy way to snatch a few kills vs just improving your skills.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

Wait until your rank 1 and there are only like 3-4 killers that are viable against a coordinated team of god loopers. Then they t-bag you, flashlight in your face, unhook like you arent even there, and once they get 4 escapes they tell you to "get d*cked on, die of cancer, you suck, ggez, etc". You're a saint if people can be so dismissive of you in game then razz you post game and you're unaffected.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

I think people are throwing much ######### to the poor guy.

In my opinion tunnel its becuz of stress if gens wouldnt go such fast like one chase could be 2 gens at least on my opinion I woukdnt need to get rid of a surv. Ive played much games were I shared all hooks between all survs and holy ######### it seems like it never ends plus gens keep going so I have no other option to slug or tunnel. Sometimes I even camp a surv till 2nd state to kill him when 2 gens left becuz there are not giving enough time

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Killer is all about time management. How quickly can you remove player hook states while racing against the gens being completed. Optimally you want the least number of survivors working on gens that you can get. Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are tools that a killer might need to use, but should only be used in moderation if you want to succeed.

For example you might camp near a hook to go after the would be rescuer, which would then force another survivor to have to come in for the rescue, or the person on the hook loses an extra hook state.

Or you slug the rescuer that traded after rushing an unhook, then tunnel the unhooked to slug them too, then you hook the rescuer. This forces another survivor to come and unhook the rescuer and to revive the slug.

But if you rely solely on camping, tunneling and slugging, a good group of survivors will make you pay for it. Survivors can do gens against a camper, A good looper could run a would be tunneler pretty much indefinitely while the others do gens, and slugs can recover so that they can be quickly picked up by another survivor and they can wander off so the killer can lose them.

Then there are the perks that you can use to punish these behaviors more: DS, Unbreakable, Soul Guard, Borrowed Time and Adrenaline are the most obvious that come to mind.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

wow you do know that the game was not made for coordinated team swf right? but it part of the game just like camping tunnling anything else killer may do because gen get done in X time so get use to it.

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165

Doing gens is just as much survivor's objective as killing is to killer. If you think genrushing is ok, then you have to think that tunneling and camping is too. It's a double standard. "i CaN Do MY ObJEcTiVe EFfICIeNtLY, BuT THeY CaN'T!" That's you, that's what you sound like. Stay salty.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

He is ascended! He is the rank 21 that was prophesied!

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I'm with you 100% it the sweaty try on both side make this game not fun.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215

Totally agree! A lot of times they'll cry right after trying one build. Ho about instead of crying, actually put a useful build on your Killer.

• goldentattoo
    goldentattoo Member Posts: 12

Enjoy my novel (nothing bad, don't worry):

I can't speak to that but even rank 20 through 10 killers rely on tunneling and camping. It's not an effective way for new killers to learn how to get better at the game. If you find it's the only way you can win, so be it. I don't personally agree with it but it's your prerogative to play how you want. Just ask yourself if you're having fun while doing it and, if so, have at it. You can't please everyone.

As far as people being rude afterwards, it happens regardless of what you do. If you lose, you suck. If you win, you cheated. Once, someone was being an ######### to the killer for no reason so I defended them and they turned on me instead, insulting the way I played too. It was a good reminder some people want an excuse to lash out at others. It has nothing to do with the person they're taking it out on. I'm sorry people are rude to you. People can be ######### when they know there's no consequence.

My feelings get hurt very easily, even if it's over something that's supposed to be fun. It's a matter of stepping away when you need to (whether it's letting them have the last word and leaving the lobby, switching to a different game for a while, or doing something non-game related). If it bothers me enough, I'll vent about it on social media and delete it the next day just to get my thoughts out there. Unfortunately, people being ######### to someone they barely know is a part of life. You have to find a way to deal with it that works for you. If you need more resources or ideas, let me know.

I recommend scrolling to the four bulletpoints in the link I posted in my first comment. There's also this comic on how to deal with negativity. Credit for the comic (edit: fixed link), credit for the quote.

"Honestly. Bullies want you to react negatively. Take that away and they lose interest."

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162
    edited August 2020

Killers should be able to camp and tunnel only when 2 or less generators are left.

When I play survivor, it's boring to be tunneled when no generator has been done.

As killer, I never need to camp or tunnel. Except against SWF at the end (not frequently, I hate playing like that). I respect players who want to play. A hard thing for some players in this world we are living in.

Main issues in DBD :

• being camped / being tunneled / being slugged at the beginning of the game, or when the killer is clearly winning the game and don't need to do that (same to : have to play perks against killers playing like that : DS, unbreakable)
    • SWF gen rushing / games as killer with PGTW (not the same against a killer without PGTW, WHY). They should reduce the speed of generators, PGTW creates frustrations from both side (as a killer I don't play this perk, but maybe I should.)

They didn't understand it at the beginning. So now, we have to continue with these main issues.

As survivor and as killer, I would like to play differents perks. But it's almost impossible against these main issues.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Woooaaahh entitled survivor alert

and why exactly are you playing against killers stupid enough to camp and tunnel WHICH PUTS THEM AT DISADVANTAGE BTW? Riddle me that, nerd.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Genrushing is not simply doing gens. It's when you pop multiple gens at the same time that it becomes genrushing. It's things like BNP for an instant 25%, toolboxes for increased repair speed, having a designated looper on larger maps to keep the killer looking in the direction of gens that are being worked on for the spine chill boost, etc. That make it rushing generator progression.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

but it's not only a team based game. You just happen to work together to fulfill your own goals; i.e. escape. Or, that's what most people fail to see.

Evading Third Seal because of comms is, as far as I'm concerned, cheating, but I can't do anything about it other than not run the non-meta perks I like to run.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

What are killers supposed to do to slow down the game and pressure survivors? Youre only ounished by camping/tunneling if you and your team are bad at the game. Otherwise, the killer gets punished for doing it