Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hook Rushing

Since we have gone cross-platform, I have notice a game ruining trend that completely unbalances the game.

When a majority of players are Hook Rushing, aka rushing to unhook, they take all the high value points from the game , whilst leaving other players to slowly progress gens, which seem to have a much less score value and take much more time.

The biggest issue with this type of behavior is that it often leaves players alone in the game to escape via the hatch or gates. These players have progressed gens, avoided the killer, and even escape, but they often get little points and no pips, when they have probably done the most in the group to aid escaping.

Whilst players can JUST unhook players, die and get high scores and pips, there are NO incentives for players to progress gens. This has never been an issue before, but since cross platform, I have noticed this behavior on NON PC players.

There needs to be more points added to GEN progression, and less on hooks. Or put a timed limit on how points someone can get from unhooking. When the timer resets, they can score again.

At the end of the day, the Players goal should always be on survival and escape, not on milking quick and high value points form other players.

Comments

• Equalizerg
    Equalizerg Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2020

Yeah, most of the killers try to outplay survs 1 by 1, dont let them play. Their goal is the 4k and killing the least experienced player is often the way they choose. Even big streamers recommending to do that. Nice goals are to have fun and get better. Respecting specially the noob ones. They work to not let that happen (to 5 players). I wish the game get more fair. While ruining the game to -solo survs-, they get millions of points for doing so. Specially with BBQ, a payed perk.