Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Pop Or Ruin

I don't know which perk is better. I was looking at my killer perks and saw these two perks and couldn't decide which one is better. I'm guessing ruin because the more levels you go with it on the bloodwep the more degression progress there is but it's also a hex. Pop gets rid of 25% of gen progress but it's only if you hook someone for a limited time and it's not a hex.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jack_TheJolteon
    Jack_TheJolteon Member Posts: 128

Pop Goes the Weasel is better as it can last the entire game and can take a gen down 25% Ruin moves down 2% every second but can be easily fought agaisnt and destroyed leaving you with only 3 perks as Pop goes the Weasel remains all game

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Even if Ruin is up it can turn against you. When survivors know you have ruin it can make them commit gens if you not force them leave. And you can't always be around.

Without ruin injured survivor find a guy repairing gen and they may heal. With ruin they 100% gonna rush this gen while you're busy.

So it's better combine ruin with survailance. Same as pop with bbq (discordance, thrilling tremors, tinkerer). In my opinion pop is stronger.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

Pop gives you 20 seconds of regression for every hook, meaning it can buy you up to 240 extra seconds.

Ruin gives you 2 seconds of regression for every second a partly progressed generator is left alone. You'd be lucky if it lasts three minutes... and for that time, you can make use of neither Surge nor Pop.

Pop is pretty damn good. Ruin is kinda mediocre most of the time.