The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please look at this screenshot. This seriously needs to be fixed.

I love this game. I really do. And I know you guys (the Dev team) get a lot of ######### from your players, so I really hate that I have to do this.

But come on. DBD has been out for 4 years and this is the best you can do? This is unacceptable.

I don't know if its because you prioritize PING in your matchmaking, but there is no reason that matching ranks should be this bad, especially now that cross-platform allows ALL players across ALL platforms to connect to one another now.

EVERY match I'm paired with Rank 1 SWF groups that harass me the whole game and then berrate my performance in the post-game chat. (These specific individuals were saying some NASTY things, so I reported them all for their language (even though I doubt that even does anything)).

Can I just get some kind of an explanation or something? Because I seriously cannot continue to play this game if this is the experience being delivered to me. Is that the taste you want to leave in your players' mouths?

Just give players a choice, since you can't seem to handle it: PING or RANK prioritization. Because honestly, I'd wait longer for a match I can play and enjoy. And right now, I certainly can't play (let alone enjoy) this game anymore, and i've put too much time and money into this game to let it just sit in my Uninstalled folder on Steam.

Comments

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

The current rank system was butchered by bhvr.

They widened the ranks that can be matched after they nerfed rank reset to only set you back a single tier. This caused red ranks to fill up and increased lobby times. Killers were also getting sick of red ranks and de-ranking to lower ranks exacerbating the problem.

The old rank reset was perfect... Good players and killers got back to red ranks quickly, while the lesser skilled players took longer, creating an even spread of ranks until near the next reset.

No idea why they changed it.

• CremelloJoJo
    CremelloJoJo Member Posts: 76

I 100% agree with this, yes there were de-pip squads back then but there wasn't this huge issue we're dealing with now. We should all reset back to rank 10-15 again and work our way back to the ranks we belong in, the red rank pool is way too big now and diluted by players that are still learning the game.