Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What are the "ground rules"?

Options
Milo
Milo Member Posts: 7,383

So, I just had a match where the survivors weren't... the best. (tl:dr got a 4k)

And two of them (mostly one) were rather... rude because of that.

And said something about ground rules, mentioning that one of them is letting the last survivor go.

So I just have to know, do you know other ground rules :3?

Answers

• Maxwell
    Maxwell Member Posts: 143
    Options

Letting the last survivor go is your own preference. There are no ground rules. Except maybe don't camp and tunnel.

• venomz12
    venomz12 Member Posts: 46
    Options

Be ruthless.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Ah yes, the survivor rules book for the killer, never bought that one?

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

I stopped caring when i had survivors who are trying to use this dumb non exsitant rules of the game. I even had survivors telling me i was playing the killer wrong best one is dont use freddy teleport as a decoy basically i had her running to me as she thought i was teleporting to the gen in front of her haha easy bait :P but yeah play the way you want to play and if you have to play dirty then play dirty your the killer your main objectives is get survivors hooked doesnt matter how just get them on that hook for the entity.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,460
    Options

Ignore that garbage. You don't have to let anyone go; that is entirely your call. The only rules (unofficial and brought to you by yours truly) should be (and are for me):

1. Don't cheat using hacks or lag switches.
    2. Don't disconnect; if you start a game, finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat (don't gloat or give salt).

What happens in the game, stays in the game. Play as hard as you want to play. Use whatever Perks and style you want to use. If it is tactically wise in a specific situation, camp, tunnel, slug, or Mori. But before the game and after the game always be nice.

• emimi_
    emimi_ Member Posts: 2
    Options

If I see 2 bloody party streamers or more, I usually assume a team wants to chalk up as much points. I end up being way more lenient as killer--it might be beneficial to me as well.

• JillSandwichL
    JillSandwichL Member Posts: 26
    Options

Theres no ground rules, survs will probably report you if you play like an #########, but that wont do anything.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Survivors will say anything that gives them a slight inconvenience or more should not be done, as long as you're not cheating do what you want.