We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Can't Hook People Sometimes

Options

I'll try to hook someone but the hook animation doesn't start even after repeatedly pressing R1 (PS4). The survivor will either wiggle off or I'll be lucky enough to find another hook which will usually play the animation just fine. Seems to happen at least once per game.

89 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Xbox here this is happening like twice per match. It’s infuriating.

• DraconDirnc
    DraconDirnc Member Posts: 121
    Options

I have encountered the same bug dropping the survivor and picking them up again will usually fix it however they could still be rescued.

• pchap
    pchap Member Posts: 3
    Options

I've had this same bug today. Happened several times over the last 4 matches.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

Same here. Unless you are perfectly lined up with the hook, dead center, you can’t hook.

• PrettyFly4ADwightGuy
    Options

Yep, same here. I tried dropping survivors and after picking them back up i had some success, but it's probably coincidental.

• JocLewis2018
    JocLewis2018 Member Posts: 7
    Options

I’m also a PS4 player, and so far it’s mostly on the reworked maps for me. Like the Saloon, the Estate, and Springwood. I haven’t had much if a chance to see on other maps since it’s release day so it’s just the new maps as the killer so far. I’ve seen the issue for other killers too as a survivors. They’ll kinda move around the hook trying to get me hooked.

• demonhunter
    demonhunter Member Posts: 5
    Options

I've had this bug almost every game on every killer on every map lol, killer is broken for me on ps4 great update btw

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90
    Options

Same here.

PS4, playing the Doctor, it was the map with corn and the dead cow tree. And my last survivor. I had to keep repositioning myself to hook her.

• CrazyShot
    CrazyShot Member Posts: 3
    Options

This bug is game breaking, it needs to be fixed or ppl are going to stop playing killer, it’s infuriating

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,062
    Options

Here's a clip of it happening with a locker

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,062
    Options

Given how much time it takes to injure, chase, down, avoid flashlights saves and pallet saves, only to be robbed of a hook. Yeah. It's bad

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402
    Options

We have this problem in every platform, hope for a hotfix soon

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Options

How does something like this make it to release?

• leakerburns
    leakerburns Member Posts: 8
    Options

I had the same issues. Multiple times throughout several games during the entire game. I read that dropping the surv and rehooking fixes the problem, but Sometimes the drop animation doesn’t trigger either and it results in survivors struggling free.

• stopselfcareincorner
    Options

I have the same bug every game on ps4, it affects every R1 actions like picking someone up, kicking a gen or a pallet...

I cry every time a survivor wiggle out 😭

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

Holy crap this blew up. Thanks everyone for your additional reporting on this! Really hope this gets fixed ASAP.

• Cutiaddu
    Options

Did the devs acknowledge this or...?

• demonhunter
    demonhunter Member Posts: 5
    Options
  • astrang
    astrang Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same bug happening on the switch.

• DarthJorJor
    DarthJorJor Member Posts: 2
    Options

Checking in from nintendo switch. I've been having this problem all day.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i think it has something to do with the angle you approach the hook with?

for me at least every time i had the bug it was because i came from the hooks back and tried squeezing past it as close as i could, pressing space as soon as it popped up.

it might just be coincidence, but try avoiding that and maybe that helps?

• Cutiaddu
    Options

Ok played couple of matches and apparently if you stand on the middle of the hook the bug doesn't occur. But still what are they waiting for to fix this

• walmartbrand
    walmartbrand Member Posts: 10
    Options

hopefully this is fixed quick. it's a major game changing issue, seems to only be happening with consoles.

• SassySolidSnake
    SassySolidSnake Member Posts: 65
    Options

Same here, PS4, all maps and all killers I've been using. I have to juggle them to be able to actually hook them. I lose so much time trying to keep pressure up. Also, bloodlust is glitching like crazy, I go into BL 1,2 or 3 and my screen freezes up. I have a brand new PS4 Pro so it's not my console.

• trixsterjl
    trixsterjl Member Posts: 13
    Options

This happened both as killer and survivor. As killer I went to next hook and it was fine. It seems to be tied to bad hooks.

• Cutiaddu
    Options
  • Cutiaddu
    Options

Ok so there is a way to avoid this bug, you have to center yourself on the hook and it will work normally, however the bug is still here. Devs what are you waiting for?

• Drinktheevil
    Drinktheevil Member Posts: 12
    Options

Doesn’t matter where you come from as long as you have the “hook pop up” pressing the related button and holding it down should hook a player. However as this thread states and as I’m having the same problem it is not.

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114
    edited September 2020
    Options

Xbox One

Since the most recent update 9/15/20 almost every match I play and as any killer. Several times a match when I attempt to hook a survivor I just glitch all around the hook. I either have to drop the survivor or often if the hook is far away they end up wiggling free as I spam the button. I come at it from different angles and speeds. It appears to happen randomly to any survivor on any map. Its approximately 1/5-1/4 hooks I attempt. I play at high ranks and this is absolutely game breaking. I am taking a break until this is fixed. I dont play enough survivor anymore since my crew more or less disbanded. Sorry but I won't be playing or spending until this is fixed. Its far to frustrating and utterly broken.

Post edited by judge_fist on
  • AddictedToMosh
    AddictedToMosh Member Posts: 116
    Options

700 megabyte update and still no fix. Great job, devs.

• M594
    M594 Member Posts: 13
    Options

I play on PS4. I have lost a lot of matches against good survivors who actually abuse this issue by blocking, removing hooks when it occur. I have been also going through a bad issue when to interact / vault a windows. It is not allowing me till I keep spamming the execute button and it might work in 3-4 seconds, which actually affect our gameplay. I consider each second in dbd when it comes to such critical issues, even breaking pallets, generators is having some bad player to object interaction. Please fix..I beg :(

• ASaucyWench
    ASaucyWench Member Posts: 4
    Options

I literally just had three people escape from me because I couldn’t hook them. I’m definitely not playing killer until this is fixed. Also sorry to all you killers out there, keep that chin up!

• etms51
    etms51 Member Posts: 603
    edited September 2020
    Options

Here there is an example where the hillybilly don't hook my friend for three times (Video 1)

Platform: PC+Steam

Version game: 4.2.1

Video:

Video 1 => https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsySpunkyPelicanCharlieBitMe

• TheCrusade
    TheCrusade Member Posts: 6
    Options

Same on switch too it varies from game to game but consitently happens none the less even breaking pallets/ vaulting as killer is bugged

• LambOfTux
    LambOfTux Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am having this same issue but on the Nintendo switch. Super frustrating that I can’t even play the game properly.

• Iconoclast_iv
    Iconoclast_iv Member Posts: 26
    Options

Same problem along with the goddamn rubberbanding.

They fix a bug and 2 others appear.

• HoneyBadger
    HoneyBadger Member Posts: 18
    Options

Did you try not moving because I tried that it worked but idk where is this bug big at???