The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Toxicity 101 (How to make people hate a good game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XcEH329Hk

This is exactly what people HATE about dead by daylight. These type of players are the reason for the game's poor reputation and bad reviews. Players like this ruin the match, turn people off the game and in turn ruin the community. Please devs remove this toxicity from the game it will be the death of us all.

Comments

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

This is a well known issue, u didnt really need to post a video if all of us here (survivor mains not included) already experience that in a daily basis.

Nothing will change, get over it...

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

@SenzuDuck said:
    Grown ass people getting upset at TBagging like it hasn't been around in gaming for over a decade, it's funny - get over it, kill them, move on.

Every game is toxic, even games that take a stand against it like league is still massive and has an enormous following/playerbase. People just need to grow a spine.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Grown ass people getting upset at TBagging like it hasn't been around in gaming for over a decade, it's funny - get over it, kill them, move on.

Every game is toxic, even games that take a stand against it like league is still massive and has an enormous following/playerbase. People just need to grow a spine.

The thing is - if a survivor is tbagging, they're hanging around and not paying attention making it easier, except some killers seem to get so emotional about it they get tunnel vision. It's crazy.

• Seanzu

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Did you even watch the video? this isn't about tea bagging.

The title of the videos is "Toxic T-Bagger Rage Quits".

Your title mentions toxicity, it's heavily implied that tbagging is that main feature of this thread.
    and honestly - if you're getting mad about anything else in "DBD" except for harassment in end game chat or exploits then you should move on or ignore it.

Tunneling - NOT TOXIC
    Camping - NOT TOXIC
    Hitting someone on the hook - NOT TOXIC
    Flicking Your Flashlight - NOT TOXIC
    T-Bagging - NOT TOXIC

If this stuff bothers you so much go and kill them and then move onto the next match.

• Seanzu

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Your title mentions toxicity, it's heavily implied that tbagging is that main feature of this thread.
    and honestly - if you're getting mad about anything else in "DBD" except for harassment in end game chat or exploits then you should move on or ignore it.

Tunneling - NOT TOXIC
    Camping - NOT TOXIC
    T-Bagging - NOT TOXIC

If this stuff bothers you so much go and kill them and then move onto the next match.

It was about the fact he rage quit as soon as he got downed. Don't make assumptions! Why did you make a list about what is and isn't toxic furthermore who made you judge and jury? pull the stick from your backside dude and why are you using caps? go take a chill pill and come back when you have something with substance to contribute. As far as I've noticed you only ever respond with negative ranting regardless of the topic. You're a very bitter human being.

Negative ranting?

You're not even playing in the match and you're upset someone DCs. Yes it's unfun - but like the devs have said if you DC enough you will be temp banned and then banned, creating this post does nothing. They can't stop people from DCing theres many legitimate reasons to DC from a match.

• Seanzu

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Tunneling - NOT TOXIC
    Camping - NOT TOXIC
    T-Bagging - NOT TOXIC

It was about the fact he rage quit as soon as he got downed. Don't make assumptions! Why did you make a list about what is and isn't toxic furthermore who made you judge and jury? pull the stick from your backside dude and why are you using caps? go take a chill pill and come back when you have something with substance to contribute. As far as I've noticed you only ever respond with negative ranting regardless of the topic. You're a very bitter human being.

Negative ranting?

You're not even playing in the match and you're upset someone DCs. Yes it's unfun - but like the devs have said if you DC enough you will be temp banned and then banned, creating this post does nothing. They can't stop people from DCing theres many legitimate reasons to DC from a match.

You didn't even watch the video (clearly) why are you even responding? Go suck the life from somebody else you parasite!

Oof - looks whos being toxic now <3 Don't worry honey, I still love you.

I absolutely watched the video - he goes on about how the devs didn't do anything about those guys BMing him after he killed them as nurse, somewhere in the middle of the video.

• Seanzu

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Tunneling - NOT TOXIC
    Camping - NOT TOXIC
    T-Bagging - NOT TOXIC

Negative ranting?

Everything you respond to is constant negativity despite the thread I can't stand people who feed off it and you feed and thrive off it like a drug just look at your comment history you live for these moments.

Because almost everyone on this game wants a free ez ride to victory, they want everything buffed in their favour and everything nerfed that's against them.

At what point will people just admit they aren't very good and just get better at the game. I'm very average but I don't need buffs or nerfs I just need to get better.

Again - DCing is a terrible terrible crime almost close to murder. But if you make someone DC, you have beaten them, you can finish the match and move onto the next one. If they DC too much they'll be punished, what's the issue?

• Usui

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

The thing is - if a survivor is tbagging, they're hanging around and not paying attention making it easier, except some killers seem to get so emotional about it they get tunnel vision. It's crazy.

Exactly.. some would say.. strategy.. LOL

• Seanzu

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

I tbag if someone is tunneling to see if they'll come after me instead and give the other person a break.

• Usui

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

I tbag if someone is tunneling to see if they'll come after me instead and give the other person a break.

Amazing how easy it is. Works like a charm lol

• Seanzu

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

I've been tbagged in every online game I've ever played, am I mad about it? Hell no, it's hella funny.

• Seanzu

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Tunneling - NOT TOXIC
    Camping - NOT TOXIC
    T-Bagging - NOT TOXIC

Negative ranting?

Everything you respond to is constant negativity despite the thread I can't stand people who feed off it and you feed and thrive off it like a drug just look at your comment history you live for these moments.

Because almost everyone on this game wants a free ez ride to victory, they want everything buffed in their favour and everything nerfed that's against them.

At what point will people just admit they aren't very good and just get better at the game. I'm very average but I don't need buffs or nerfs I just need to get better.

Again - DCing is a terrible terrible crime almost close to murder. But if you make someone DC, you have beaten them, you can finish the match and move onto the next one. If they DC too much they'll be punished, what's the issue?

Possibly the most anti social response ever. Okay so your mind is made up you've got nothing to discuss with me so we've got nothing to say to each other bye!

T-Bagging Intensifies

• Seanzu

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

I've been tbagged in every online game I've ever played, am I mad about it? Hell no, it's hella funny.

Yeah except this isn't about tea bagging but you're deciding it is even though I explained why it wasn't and now you're running with it anyway.

I've had people disconnect from me in every single game I've played, am I mad? No i just play the next one.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    @SenzuDuck I think it's super funny when all the survivors are body blocking for the one being carried and tbag. It looks so funny. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Vankruze said:

Yeah except this isn't about tea bagging but you're deciding it is even though I explained why it wasn't and now you're running with it anyway.

Then why did you bring it up? I've been tea bagged and worse in video games for almost the last 20 years now. I'm not on here complaining about it or using it as an example of the games toxicity. How many games does that happen in, how many games is 1 person toxic?

If you want to talk about toxicity look no further than COD which rightfully has a bad reputation for it. I could reinstall it and jump into a random server and instantly get hit with your mom insults and everything else under the sun. That would take less than 30 seconds after joining for it to happen and 5 seconds after joining to see it in chat.

As far as that Dwight goes i've actually had them as a killer and laughed my ass off when they've done that.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Usui @SenzuDuck @chemical_reject
    Most of the times they t-bag and stare at me i gotta stop playing because i'm laughing so hard. Can counter some tactics but not the t-bag godammit xD
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited September 2018

@Vankruze said:

Nailed it you summed it up perfectly.

@SenzuDuck said:

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Honestly, I don't think it's the t-bagging that's the issue. It's the fact that he DCed after getting whiped which screws his team over. He had all the signs of being a troll as well with that build, the way he acted in game, and multiple bans according to TrU3. I think the bigger problem is that not enough is done for people who try to ruin others' fun.

• Seanzu
    edited September 2018

Is this going to devolve into one of those threads where killers make out that other killers don't disconnect?
    Because that's the way it's looking.

Oh noooooooo, survivors are so toxic, I beat them so badly they DCd they ruined everything for me noooooo.

I... I couldn't possibly go into the next game and get over it...

• Seanzu

@Giche said:

@Vankruze said:

Nailed it you summed it up perfectly.

@SenzuDuck said:

Yep - I, as someone who plays killer have a different opinion, you better shun me because you can't accept people couldn't possibly think differently than you do.

• Seanzu
    edited September 2018

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Is this going to devolve into one of those threads where killers make out that other killers don't disconnect?
    Because that's the way it's looking.

Oh noooooooo, survivors are so toxic, I beat them so badly they DCd they ruined everything for me noooooo.

I... I couldn't possibly go into the next game and get over it...

You just want to argue for the sake of arguing dude do you realize that about yourself? I mean read back what you just said you're reaching dude it's so transparent it's laughable. You need to exercise some self control.

Exercise self control? You watched a trutalent video and couldn't wait to make a post about toxic behaviour. Every community has DCing, T-Bagging, the lot. But no community makes such a massive deal out of it like this one.

They are literally banning people who DC too much, what more do you want?

brb, survivor just pointed at me, gunna go make a post about toxicity.

• powerbats

@Vankruze said:

@powerbats said:

@Vankruze said:

Then why did you bring it up? I've been tea bagged and worse in video games for almost the last 20 years now. I'm not on here complaining about it or using it as an example of the games toxicity. How many games does that happen in, how many games is 1 person toxic?

If you want to talk about toxicity look no further than COD which rightfully has a bad reputation for it. I could reinstall it and jump into a random server and instantly get hit with your mom insults and everything else under the sun. That would take less than 30 seconds after joining for it to happen and 5 seconds after joining to see it in chat.

As far as that Dwight goes i've actually had them as a killer and laughed my ass off when they've done that.

This isn't about tea bagging though I've said that multiple times.

I'm only referring to your comments about tea bagging being an issue, not the video title itself. But that aside as i said it happens in every game and posting a video about andtarring the whole community. When in fact this community as most others is overwhelmingly cool.

• Seanzu

@Giche said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Yep - I, as someone who plays killer have a different opinion, you better shun me because you can't accept people couldn't possibly think differently than you do.

And you can keep for yourself any P3 killers screenshot, as it only prove that you spended BPs on them.

Definitely not a killer main but I do play both, probably put more hours into killer than you ever have tbh. But heck, you're an expert and not at all just bad at it.

• Seanzu

@Vankruze said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    Honestly, I don't think it's the t-bagging that's the issue. It's the fact that he DCed after getting whiped which screws his team over. He had all the signs of being a troll as well with that build, the way he acted in game, and multiple bans according to TrU3. I think the bigger problem is that not enough is done for people who try to ruin others' fun.

@SenzuDuck @powerbats Read and learn!

But why are you getting triggered over DCing. People that DC too often get banned, what else do you want them to do about it? lmfao.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

But why are you getting triggered over DCing. People that DC too often get banned, what else do you want them to do about it? lmfao.

He wants corporal punishment. Spankings if u DC!!
  • Seanzu

@Giche said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Definitely not a killer main but I do play both, probably put more hours into killer than you ever have tbh. But heck, you're an expert and not at all just bad at it.

Aw, nothing else to answer than " Ur bad" ? :D

Sorry if the truth hurt.

Truth hurt?

You posted some picture of dwight with a mask on implying I don't play killer because I have the opinion that if people stopped complaining about how hard being killer is and actually just got better maybe they'd succeed.

Also - aren't you the one getting upset over the Soon thing not_queen said? lmfao, imagine being that sensitive.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Why are you triggered that he’s triggered about it? 
  • Seanzu

@SovererignKing said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Great argument man, fantastic.

Because making posts about things they're already doing something about does nothing for anyone.

But hey - lets make posts about people cheating and act as if they aren't banning people for it, because that makes sense, riiiight?

• powerbats

@Vankruze said:

This isn't about tea bagging though I've said that multiple times.

I'm only referring to your comments about tea bagging being an issue, not the video title itself. But that aside as i said it happens in every game and posting a video about and tarring the whole community. When in fact this community as most others is overwhelmingly cool.

You keep thinking this is about T-Bagging which tells me you're not really paying attention. You also now believe I made comments about T-bagging being an issue please show me? I am not going to keep repeating myself if you can't follow the discussion properly that's on you but don't keep telling me the discussion is about T-bagging just because SenzuDuck says it is. I made this thread lol not him and others have been able to stay on point (thank god).

Ok I got that crossed up so apologies but you also completely ignored everything else I said and focused solely on the tea bagging part. The rest of my comments were on point so are you going to say I'm still on about tea bagging or address the rest of what I said?

• SovererignKing
    SenzuDuck said:

@SovererignKing said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Great argument man, fantastic.

Because making posts about things they're already doing something about does nothing for anyone.

But hey - lets make posts about people cheating and act as if they aren't banning people for it, because that makes sense, riiiight?

So people aren’t allowed to voice their displeasure about a problem because they are “doing something about it”? The OP is mearly voicing his opinion that the developers measures aren’t good enough, or at the least reminding them the problem is still rampant. That way the developers don’t get complacent that their anti-measures are sufficient.

Yet you decided that the OP has no right to voice his opinion and displeasure and just shut up. Didn’t know you were the authority on what post are relevant and which aren’t. What’s allowed to be complained about and what isn’t. 
  • Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited September 2018

the devs are already banning ppl who dc too much. so stop making useless threads only to get attention. also tru3 whines in every single stream and shares nonsense around his toxic and whiny community its disgusting. so pls stop spamming his videos and go watch better streamers which doesnt cry all stream long about stuff he cant change.

• S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

Doenst matter if that was Tru3 Noob3, Graenz or anyone else.

The first two minutes of that video show hundreds or even thousands of matches, hours, days, weeks of gameplay hours of this game.

first T-Bagging, and when he got downed, DC. OMG i hate it so much. The sadness at this is, thats not a special case wher this only one player DCed, its done like that (or similar) by hundreds of survivors every single day. No technical issues, no real life reasosn to DC, just do it because they dont get what they want. If they cant troll, they quit.

Thats the DC problem the ppl in this forum are talking about for years now. hope you get it finally. Its not just a possibility to "give the players an option to leave if they dont have fun" - as devs usually say to DC function, its got abused by trolls. not only one, not only once a day/week/month, its abused by a lot of ppl in a lot of matches.

And if you like it or not, THIS IS A PROBLEM for the other 4 players in the round. Killer less then survivors, but it affects all of them. So you can do the math now how many ramining 3 surv teams are out there in matches where DCers were in. Must be millions? plus or minus a few ones.

Pls do devs something about that. (no i dont accept the answer they already do cuz the system to detect DCers doesnt work, some forum guys tested this a few weeks ago, and i also dont accept the meaning that there wouldnt be any change on it.) Im sure devs can and will do something IF they finally recognize how big this problem really is.

• Kenshin
    edited September 2018

@SovererignKing said:
    Kenshin said:

the devs are already banning ppl who dc too much. so stop making useless threads only to get attention. also tru3 whines in every single stream and shares nonsense around his toxic and whiny community its disgusting. so pls stop spamming his videos and go watch better streamers which doesnt cry all stream long about stuff he cant change.

Who died and made you the authority on what’s allowed to be posted and what isn’t? Though it’s pretty obvious you just wanted to bash Tru3.

i never said his not allowed to post stuff. im just annoyed of the tru3 minions spreading out and spamming the whole forum cuz their favored streamer has to whine all stream long about the game.

• SovererignKing
    Kenshin said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Kenshin said:

Who died and made you the authority on what’s allowed to be posted and what isn’t? Though it’s pretty obvious you just wanted to bash Tru3.

i never said his not allowed to post stuff. im just annoyed of the tru3 minions spreading out and spamming the whole forum cuz their favored streamer has to whine all stream long about the game.

“Stop making useless threads to get attention” kind of sounds like you are telling him to stop he’s not allowed to me.

Tru3 isn’t the only streamer who’s complained about this. That’s just the video the OP chose to use. Tru3 often encourages others to have their own opinions and don’t blindly follow anyone, including him. If people agree with him, that’s their choice. 
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

The problem with the devs is that they refuse to take hard stances on what is and isn't toxic. They would have to define what they find as toxic and go about punishing people who behave in those ways. They don't want to do that. So what ends up happening is players say and act however they want because they know the chances of punishment are extremely unlikely.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited September 2018

@Kenshin said:

Who is a "better streamer" in your opinion, I'm curious?

• Amalia
    Amalia Member Posts: 9

Tunneling - NOT TOXIC
    Camping - NOT TOXIC
    T-Bagging - NOT TOXIC

Anything done to intentionally induce rage or any negative emotion on another player is toxic, and all of these examples are usually done to piss your opponent off, they're definitely toxic.
    But you should really just move on and brush them off as sad nerds instead of getting upset, to be honest.

• powerbats

@S0ckenSchuss said:

first T-Bagging, and when he got downed, DC. OMG i hate it so much. The sadness at this is, thats not a special case wher this only one player DCed, its done like that (or similar) by hundreds of survivors every single day. No technical issues, no real life reasosn to DC, just do it because they dont get what they want. If they cant troll, they quit.

Thats the DC problem the ppl in this forum are talking about for years now. hope you get it finally. Its not just a possibility to "give the players an option to leave if they dont have fun" - as devs usually say to DC function, its got abused by trolls. not only one, not only once a day/week/month, its abused by a lot of ppl in a lot of matches.

Lets not forget all the trolls on the killers side who do the exact same thing day in and day out. While survivors definitely do it more since there's a 4v1 chance to do so. The killer side is equally guilty of doing it when they don't get their way.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

My spine is pretty thicc then huh?

• Kenshin

@RSB said:

@Kenshin said:

Who is a "better streamer" in your opinion, I'm curious?

every streamer who doesnt complain a thousand time in his stream, someone who just moves on instead of focusing on only the negative stuff because his proud got hurt. i watch tru3 for two years now and he started to be this negative with the launch of for honor. its a real shame, i really like thim back in the days.

• powerbats

@Jack11803 said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:

My spine is pretty thicc then huh?

Then how do you fit it into that tiny locker when you go to hide?

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited September 2018

I like the... Hey everyone... I'm showing you something you may not know about!.. I'm the first one to let everyone in on some information...

Yet the game have been out for over 2 years now....

Hey Everyone!... Did you know you could crouch AND move at the same time!... WOW

Now we just need to wait till next week, when some noob thinks they are informing the playerbase about this. So save that link so you can paste in your response about how you told everyone about it already.

• TheBean

@Giche said:

Maybe if there was less complaisant peoples like you, who will accept any shits throwed at them or the contrary love throwing shits at others, this game would be way less toxic and more healthy.

Too much peoples love playing with their own poop in this community, and it's sad.

It is sad. Sad when people get so triggered from little things like t-bagging.

The DCing sucks and should be dealt with better, since it effects boths sides of the match that early on. However at 2 years the Devs either don't care to punish for it, or don't see it as big an issue that people like to portray it.

Talking about fling poop around... Just wait for the posts about TAXIC survivor throwing pebbles in your face across the pallet. That will be the new thing.

• TheBean

@Vankruze said:
    You've managed to conjure up a completely delusional interpretation of what's actually being said. Thank you for your pointless rant. Now go sit back at the kiddie table where you belong!

Yee... We've all heard it before... Thanks for coming out.