The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Toxicity 101 (How to make people hate a good game)

2»

Comments

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@TheBean said:

It is sad. Sad when people get so triggered from little things like t-bagging.

You perfectly know that peoples on this thread weren't talking about the T-bag exclusively, but the additions of multiples things like this with the cherry on the ######### cake : the DC.

Because that kind of flaws who could be fixed quickly with real and strong measure are lasting for YEARS in this game, peoples become bitter about it.

This :

Shouldn't even became a meme. (Even if fun)

###' SHAME on them.

The DCing sucks and should be dealt with better, since it effects boths sides of the match that early on. However at 2 years the Devs either don't care to punish for it, or don't see it as big an issue that people like to portray it.

Yeah they still haven't done anything, because they're lazy and a lot of peoples, like you, like to take down threads like this one, i wonder why.
    Doing nothing and dealing with it IS NOT an healthy solution.

Talking about fling poop around... Just wait for the posts about TAXIC survivor throwing pebbles in your face across the pallet. That will be the new thing.

Can't wait for them too Kappa

It's like the Devs know the trollish nature of their game and are willingly making it worse, because it bring money... LUL

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vankruze said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XcEH329Hk

This is exactly what people HATE about dead by daylight. These type of players are the reason for the game's poor reputation and bad reviews. Players like this ruin the match, turn people off the game and in turn ruin the community. Please devs remove this toxicity from the game it will be the death of us all.

There are way worse experience than> @SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Is this going to devolve into one of those threads where killers make out that other killers don't disconnect?
    Because that's the way it's looking.

Oh noooooooo, survivors are so toxic, I beat them so badly they DCd they ruined everything for me noooooo.

I... I couldn't possibly go into the next game and get over it...

You just want to argue for the sake of arguing dude do you realize that about yourself? I mean read back what you just said you're reaching dude it's so transparent it's laughable. You need to exercise some self control.

Exercise self control? You watched a trutalent video and couldn't wait to make a post about toxic behaviour. Every community has DCing, T-Bagging, the lot. But no community makes such a massive deal out of it like this one.

They are literally banning people who DC too much, what more do you want?

brb, survivor just pointed at me, gunna go make a post about toxicity.

When you can DC in order to stay at a certain rank, then there is something wrong with the "DC control"

• ArkadyR3D
    ArkadyR3D Member Posts: 8

I love it when survivors rage quit or teabag after dropping a pallet. If they don't want to drop the pallet and get some distance on me that's good for me right? Survivors do stupid stuff, Killers do stupid stuff, it's just the way it is.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@powerbats said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Usui said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Grown ass people getting upset at TBagging like it hasn't been around in gaming for over a decade, it's funny - get over it, kill them, move on.

Every game is toxic, even games that take a stand against it like league is still massive and has an enormous following/playerbase. People just need to grow a spine.

My spine is pretty thicc then huh?

Then how do you fit it into that tiny locker when you go to hide?

It’s a secret pocket dimension that houses Farefields witness. It’s mostly just Dwight’s trying to pay each other in pizza to reach the top of the pyramid though... there’s a coup in progress to overthrow, lead by the prestigious cult of Dwight. You’re an outsyder though... YOU WOULDN’T UNDERSTAND!

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Vankruze said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Grown ass people getting upset at TBagging like it hasn't been around in gaming for over a decade, it's funny - get over it, kill them, move on.

Did you even watch the video? this isn't about tea bagging.

The title of the videos is "Toxic T-Bagger Rage Quits".

Your title mentions toxicity, it's heavily implied that tbagging is that main feature of this thread.
    and honestly - if you're getting mad about anything else in "DBD" except for harassment in end game chat or exploits then you should move on or ignore it.

Tunneling - NOT TOXIC
    Camping - NOT TOXIC
    Hitting someone on the hook - NOT TOXIC
    Flicking Your Flashlight - NOT TOXIC
    T-Bagging - NOT TOXIC

If this stuff bothers you so much go and kill them and then move onto the next match.

It was about the fact he rage quit as soon as he got downed. Don't make assumptions! Why did you make a list about what is and isn't toxic furthermore who made you judge and jury? pull the stick from your backside dude and why are you using caps? go take a chill pill and come back when you have something with substance to contribute. As far as I've noticed you only ever respond with negative ranting regardless of the topic. You're a very bitter human being.

Negative ranting?

You're not even playing in the match and you're upset someone DCs. Yes it's unfun - but like the devs have said if you DC enough you will be temp banned and then banned, creating this post does nothing. They can't stop people from DCing theres many legitimate reasons to DC from a match.

Everything you respond to is constant negativity despite the thread I can't stand people who feed off it and you feed and thrive off it like a drug just look at your comment history you live for these moments.

Because almost everyone on this game wants a free ez ride to victory, they want everything buffed in their favour and everything nerfed that's against them.

At what point will people just admit they aren't very good and just get better at the game. I'm very average but I don't need buffs or nerfs I just need to get better.

Again - DCing is a terrible terrible crime almost close to murder. But if you make someone DC, you have beaten them, you can finish the match and move onto the next one. If they DC too much they'll be punished, what's the issue?

I never heard of anyone who has gotten banned for DC'ing lol.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

If only I had a nickel for every single tbag...

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Nickenzie said:

They don't publish names but Reddit, this very forum, Twitter I believe have had people complaining about their bans. They also on their website have announced mass ban waves for the most extreme offenders from temp to perma bans.

I don't think they'll ever post a name and shame list just to appease the prurient interest of some since that violates privacy rules.

• NMCKE
    powerbats said:

@Nickenzie said:

They don't publish names but Reddit, this very forum, Twitter I believe have had people complaining about their bans. They also on their website have announced mass ban waves for the most extreme offenders from temp to perma bans.

I don't think they'll ever post a name and shame list just to appease the prurient interest of some since that violates privacy rules.

No, no, no, I don't wanna a list... I just don't hear people getting banned for DC'ing!
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Nickenzie said:
    powerbats said:

@Nickenzie said:

No, no, no, I don't wanna a list... I just don't hear people getting banned for DC'ing!

Because they do not publicly discuss bans. @Peanits has commented on this a few times. Also considering how much DCing is hated by both sides, last thing a rational person in any DBD discussion group would do is admit they were banned because they DCed constantly.

• NMCKE

@Nickenzie said:
    powerbats said:

@Nickenzie said:

Because they do not publicly discuss bans. @Peanits has commented on this a few times. Also considering how much DCing is hated by both sides, last thing a rational person in any DBD discussion group would do is admit they were banned because they DCed constantly.

I mean true, you have a point but I wished they told us if they been banning people for DC'ing, it would be nice to know since I don't feel like the reporting system is doing anything really!
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited September 2018

@Nickenzie said:
    lasombra1979 said:

@Nickenzie said:

powerbats said:

@Nickenzie said:

I mean true, you have a point but I wished they told us if they been banning people for DC'ing, it would be nice to know since I don't feel like the reporting system is doing anything really!

they just don't discuss bans, they never will and never have.
    the only time they've discussed it was Noob3 because he lied to the entire community and ex-mods got harassed because of it even though he lied.

and it was the ex-mod that discussed it not anyone they currently have volunteering or working for them.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Nickenzie said:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1698294337784879162/

They do say it and I think they posted about it on the forums and Reddit as well.