Several different framerate and audio/visual issues across the entire game since the latest patch

cyniChris
cyniChris Member Posts: 207

Platform is PC, and I have a Ryzen 7 1700, GTX 1080Ti, and 16GB RAM. I also have the game installed on an SSD, if that matters here.

In the vast majority of maps, since the latest patch, I've been experiencing a lot of framerate trouble when the game used to run (almost) perfectly before:

Lerys is <40FPS with constant stuttering on low settings as killer, but I hit 60FPS as survivor. Even older maps, such as Blood Lodge, which used to run fine for me, now run horribly.

Gaining bloodlust causes massive framerate drops, and a jarring and headache-inducing screen effect. This is the most consistent issue right now and needs fixing ASAP due to it making the game literally painful to play.

Pallet/wall breaking causes framerate drops 90% of the time, and I believe the new pallet breaking animation runs at 30FPS, which is jarring on the rare occasions the game actually runs at 60FPS when breaking pallets.

The vast majority of matches I've played as Blight have stuttered and not maintained 60FPS at all, but playing as other killers seems fine (or at least better).

Other issues include survivors literally disappearing in front of me, survivors making no sounds (STILL! Including no footsteps AND no fast vault sound, even without Quick and Quiet), chase music cutting in and out constantly on Midwich, hook music not playing, and chase music skipping when it loops.

As for steps to reproduce these issues, just play the game. It's in an atrocious state right now and very difficult to enjoy.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated